NML Hall of Fame

124»

Comments

• tinytuna007tinytuna007 Member Posts: 335
    @Jaden we always love having you and the members of your guild participate. <3

And thank you for bringing that up. Players of all levels are welcome to participate.

anyone who would like to know more about it they are welcome to message me.
    Eh Family Recruiter Contact me at [email protected] to join!
    Jaden
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119
    edited August 2018
    LOL, shouldn't the interviews be conducted BEFORE the award is given, or am I just crazy to think that people interview BEFORE being hired into a job? And you wonder why people aren't on board with YOUR hall of fame. That and when we repeatedly ask for openness as to why players were selected, it's hinted that you don't know and you'd have to ask someone to find out or that we should just take your word for it and wait for the interview to see.

I bet most would be on board with scrapping this "hall of fame" in favor of something LEGITIMATE and where a process with established criteria are followed for making selections. You won't be in favor of this, because you and most of your cohorts won't end up on that ballot. That statement isn't meant to be hurtful, rather it's meant to be revealing as to the NUMEROUS flaws within the selection procedure.

Fame implies renown and when most see the list and say to themselves "who is THAT!?" then it's more like a hall of people selecting themselves to be seen as popular or important or to have made a difference in this game. And when you can't provide ANY supporting feedback as to why someone was selected, or when that reason is rather laughable (as seen by many, not just me), then that further gives credibility to the statement that this selection was a sham from the get-go.

Like anything that matters in life, it's not about the effort, it's about the RESULTS. I'm not in favor of awarding participation trophies to make someone feel validated. I've said that there were some individuals on the list who are indeed famous and deserving of the accolade, but when nobody other than guildmates knows who someone else is...that's where I draw the line. It's not the hall of good intentions.
    Black Labs Matter.
    zjozzee2
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,799
    Handful of folks on there I've never heard of... Guess it's not necessary to be active on the Forum to get a Forum recognition?

Anywho congrats to all. Hope they all come by to look at it haha.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 464
    I’d like to nominate @Boruto for the next round for his domination of the global outpost rankings back in the day and for being a generous juggernaut in DeadFamily. -slowly backs out of room-
    Jenngcapibara
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,366
    So much hate. Why?
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    tinytuna007PicDLich
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119

So much hate. Why?

I'm jealous because I didn't get into not one, but TWO hall of fames today. I know that I didn't have a chance with this one since I wasn't on the committee, but it was a real kick in the nuts to be denied from the one that I started within my own guild. Nobody likes me...
    Black Labs Matter.
    Picwrinkled_bagzjozzee2
  • l2wannabel2wannabe Member Posts: 546

So much hate. Why?

It’s definitely not hate I’m feeling right now
    Jaden
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,665
    I guess everyone missed the memo.

Congratulations again to all the winners!

Good to see some familiar faces @SlickRick @Terminates and to the others.

Closed for now.
    TroublemakerSlickRickMischa
This discussion has been closed.