Really??? Scout charge and boost on Hilltop week!!!

WTF...really????????????????????????????

@Kaz , seriously!!!!!

Scouts on Hilltop...
Fingerfood

Comments

• EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,839
    I am pretty sure that whoever decides which group gets boosted is sitting back and laughing or they don't actually play the game?
    This weeks challenge was the exception overall
    And sometimes charged assaults are useful

Some weeks I never even use the charged group
    CBgaming1969Fingerfood
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    Same here @EL34xyz but it's such a good boost overall I hate that I won't get to use it again this challenge 😭😭😭😭
    EL34xyz
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 519
    My only complain would on Museum. Not having charged assault/bruisers to stun makes it super hard at high levels since its impossible to one-shot kill saviors
    donald6283
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,020
    To point out what most people are probably thinking...the map set SHOULD match the bonus. If not, why is there a bonus in the first place? There are no extra rewards for using a class that is boosted so what incentive is there to use them? It's often easier and quicker to clear maps with any combination of Assaults, Hunters, Shooters, or even Bruisers if you need a meat shield. Since most end gamers are likely trying to improve their scores on a weekly basis, there is sometimes a risk of using the boosted class, considering it could lead to less stars or having to repeat to get that extra star or two, thus taking away from their gas supply if they aren't using a booster. Melee class body shot mechanics are in need of a rework in my opinion to make them viable going forward.

What I REALLY (and I believe many others as well) would like to see going forward (if these class featured weeks persist...and I hope they do) is the following:

1. Class tokens that week from Challenge crates feature the class of the week only. Could even feature only heroes of that class for the week too.

2. A special 15 radio "class call" with the same chance of getting 3, 4, 5 star survivors, but only survivors of the featured class will show up. Maybe only heroes in the featured class show up there too?

3. Continue with the boost of starting charged/damage increase.

4. Epic/legendary versions of featured class weapons and armor with known traits available in TG shop...even if it means higher cost in TG.

Please consider these changes, and if they can't be done...maybe explain why so that we have a better understanding going forward. Thanks.

@Kaz
    Black Labs Matter.
    BohemianbobFirekidKaz
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 501
    Charged scouts are kinda "meh" but what I think would be pretty cool is 'boosted swift strike' so that scouts are almost guaranteed either a 2nd attack or movement after melee.
    PigBenisKazJadensbf
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 238
    well, better than charged Bruiser

• sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    3 maps are perfect for charged scouts scouts at very high levels, maybe four. Bring it on, my knives are sharpened.
    kamilowatyKazJadenFingerfood
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,052
    Only melee I typically use in challenges is my Bruisers, Morgan mostly. Doubt that'll change this week.

But I'm okay with melee aficionados getting a nod here there. Enjoy!
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    PigBenisJadenromeo
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited September 2018
    Kaz said:

If I remember right, we just had one thread entitled "Someone using warriors this week?" as a form of complaint about the Warrior Class Event and yes, there were some players using warriors at high-levels and enjoying it (some posted there in that thread).

I'm not sure that is comparing eggs with eggs.

Not everyone has the resources that the players you refer to have. I don't see that thread as a way to sell your point here @Kaz ;)

Also as a player with 7☆ lvl 23 (underpowered and under-protected) survivors who can clear RSL 30, I don't think the levels described in that thread can be considered truly high levels in this context.

Maybe charged scouts turn out to be useful, but for me, they tend to get beaten up easily at RSL 31.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    PigBenis
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,020
    Completely agree. My Assaults and Shooters/Hunters fair better than charged scouts would . Charged scouts work well and can take out regular walkers no problem, but they can only take out 3, so play styles need to take lots of planning into consideration, and this was my point about being able to clear levels more easily with ranged survivors. I don't play the Challenge for "variety" I play it to get as many stars as I can without it feeling like a chore or becoming time consuming. When I start to get massive heal times, I know I'm usually on my last round pass earned and don't try for any more stars. Using scouts just puts them out there for other walkers to attack that turn since they HAVE to be near a walker to attack them and they can only kill 1 each, unless using the spear where a scout can kill 3 if angled properly, but that's rare.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 519
    JayZ said:

@ATLAS-Z Threat reduction teams will change your life (everyone once in a while on 1 or 2 maps a week).

Agreed. That's why I really wish they'd make a spear with SS/TR... I'd probably buy a couple of those in a heartbeat.
    @JayZ I can get through Diffic 32 easily with my ranged guys, usually 3-star, with Morgan helping out once in a while.

After that it starts to get dicey...

I've steered away from threat reduction mostly because I end up getting mauled by the walkers at 33+.

Below is screen shots of the scouts I have badged& geared up. And my warriors. You might recognize them haha. The only 4 I couldn't scrap. ;-)

Carol is pure defense exclusively for outpost raiding, the other two pure offense for distance assassins.

I know some folks use melee at the highest challenge difficulties, but I've just not got the hang of it.

Maybe if I had loads of $$$ to blow on healing? One wrong move and you're lunch.

Rip...
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Man I got a whole army of awesome scouts, but none of the best ones have dodge... Hmpf

Let's see then...

Iron Skin?
    Dodge?
    Lucky?
    Ruthless?
    Power strike/Strong?

Is that your deep challenge Grindicorn @Wellyluga?
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,434
    I have two I use. One is iron skin, dodge, lucky, retaliate and strong. Two is iron skin, lucky, retaliate, power strike and ruthless. Unicorn would probably be number one with ruthless in place of strong but I'm not searching again for another scout. Scout one is much sturdier as he has dodge but scout two deals a tonne more damage :smile:

I really like retaliate as my scouts only really come out to play when there's a scrap so extra attacks make a big difference @ATLAS-Z
    Forever Wild Walking B)
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    @crambert_nec
    Your suggestion works well for endgamers (and players who've remained at a particular level long enough to upgrade a choice of gear for most occasions).

I agree, people with more options should be more adventurous. I always am with the choices I have available.

My comment earlier was that the selling point wasn't convincing, rather than a complaint of the event.

My only threat reduction weapons are 2 and 3 levels below my team level unfortunately, so I might have to be creative with other strategies. But at least I left Michonne badged up, so there's still a small chance of threat reduction there. I liked them when I had the chance to try them out though. If I was to complain, it would be that I don't have the gear to use yet, but that won't be a problem when I finally catch up.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    PigBenis
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,043
    Agreed with @WellyLuga! I used to ONLY badge my Scouts with damage and critical damage to try to achieve maximum critical damage on a charged attack, but I actually find that to be not very helpful in most maps. On a lot of maps (like two of the ones this past week), there aren't many special walkers so there's no need for super-powered charged attacks. I've recently converted to loading up Scouts with damage reduction and it's changed how I play. I can usually get by most RSL33 maps with two or three stars. I actually really like Gabriel on my threat reduction teams because of his traits.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    psychwolf
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited September 2018
    @Kaz my complaint about it, is that there are better challenges for a scout boost...especially this weeks scout boost. There are no maps that you would ever use 3 scouts on and multiple maps you would never use a single scout on. If you have a map with let's say 20 walkers plus spawns are you going to clear that with 3 scouts? I don't know about the rest of the players out there, but for me personally it is only a rare amount of times that the walkers just la de da around and ignore me...

The boost should match better and you should be able to use only that class for most if not all of the challenge maps and at even the higher difficulties. Most definitely should be able to use more than 1 and more than 50% of the maps and longer than day 2 of the challenge.

I like using different classes than my main range team, but like most I have guildmates that rely on me to try my best and maximize my star count.

Also under the new challenge format i need as many rewards as i can get and can't afford leaving them on the table because NG wants to sell more pitchforks and spears or just wants to try and get players to play with more difficulty.

Match them better,PLEASE!!!!!

and I well gladly enjoy using them....
    PigBenis
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    @Kaz please keep things interesting. Last week we had a hunter damage buff on In the Dead of Night. The previous run of that challenge had charged hunters, so I got my stars in but was bored to death. One of the last times we had Hilltop, it was charged assault week, and I'm sure someone else could remember better on previous runs on Hilltop, but for sure I would not want an assault damage buff.

Ultimately, almost all maps (or at least the vast, vast majority--and I love my melee survivors) at the highest levels are geared towards ranged teams because the balance between ranged and melee is completely broken. I'm looking forward to the work that is being done for the next update. I'll predict it won't go far enough, but until then I hope we don't just get hunter and assault weeks because most maps are more easily done with ranged survivors.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,434
    Agreed, I always check in on a Monday when the next challenge map set and weekly bonus is annouced and the first thing I do is look at which map is going to be the show stopper. Hilltop for me is always green thumb, particularly in the .3 rounds when you have minimum 4 walkers spawning every 3 turns and it gets brutal really fast. I can often get a relatively comfortable 1-2* on the other 5 maps and that one is absolutely impassable. Charged scouts should give us a chance to push that little bit further.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    buchizombiebreath
  • buchizombiebreathbuchizombiebreath Member Posts: 1,090
    I cant await the Scout week at Hilltop! There are much tactics now in high lvl to come through!
    This was a really good decision!
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,043
    Just popping in here to say that I am hella glad this week’s bonus was for Scouts. I’m using all melee teams on 4/6 maps, including Main Gate which has actually been surprisingly great for a melee team strategy.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    sbfKazEl_Sarge