Can someone explain

Why a 7* Abe is constantly getting body shots vs lvl 24 walkers now? I didn't have this problem before the last update.
donald6283ZetteDBonessuzequeuebigbeano

Comments

• DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    edited September 2018
    Interesting that you post this. I actually just sent an in game ticket because my Level 24, 8-star assault, with very good badges, and very good gear, is also somewhat regularly getting extremely weak hits. Below are screenshots (all submitted to support) of the damage done to a L25 walker in a scavenge mission (2,936 damage), the subject assault survivor sporting the exact gear she had on at the time of that 2936 damage attack, and the badges she was sporting at the time. Her damage rating is 5,297, so that means the attack shown in the screenshot did ~55% of the damage it should have done. That's ludicrous. But I only seem to be having the issue with this one particular assault. I asked support if they can look into it and see if there is something wrong with this particular survivor, as this is a new problem (over the past 2 weeks or so) - she has been one of my top survivors for a LONG time, but now she's becoming totally unreliable. WTF??

*Edit to fix a typo
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    NerfZone187bigbeano
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    > @DBones said:
    > Interesting that you post this. I actually just sent an in game ticket because my Level 24, 8-star assault, with very good badges, and very good gear, is also somewhat regularly getting extremely weak hits. Below are screenshots (all submitted to support) of the damage done to a L25 walker in a scavenge mission (2,936 damage), the subject assault survivor sporting the exact gear she had on at the time of that 2936 damage attack, and the badges she was sporting at the time. Her damage rating is 5,297, so that means the attack shown in the screenshot did ~55% of the damage it should have done. That's ludicrous. But I only seem to be having the issue with this one particular assault. I asked support if they can look into it and see if there is something wrong with this particular survivor, as this is a new problem (over the past 2 weeks or so) - she has been one of my top survivors for a LONG time, but now she's becoming totally unreliable. WTF??
    >
    >
    Yes, it started last week right after the buffs to Rosita etc.
    >
    >
    >
    > *Edit to fix a typo
    DBones
    It seems to be affecting other players in my guild as well.
    edited September 2018
    @Bonaqua, can you have someone look into this? Like I said above, that assault has been one of my most oft-used and reliable survivors for a really long time, but now she's unreliable, and it's having a detrimental effect on strategy. Thanks

*Edit to fix another damned typo :s
    I read on here the other day somebody posted that the health and dmg % on abe's buff wasn't adding up. I checked the #'s and it seems to be short by a slight amount.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,076
    Don't want to be a party pooper but your assault got a bodyshot which is roughly 50% damage. Did your assault used to have a piercing weapon may be why they seemed to perform better before? Hopefully it is something that NG have broken as means my assaults should do better too but can't say I've noticed a difference.
    1Risjimmorrison369
    An 8-star L24 assault getting bodyshots on a L25 walker on a regular basis? Doesn't sound right to me, not at all. Especially when it is happening all of a sudden. I appreciate your trying to explain what's going on, @Firekid (and yes, I really mean that, I'm not being sarcastic), but there is no way in hell this assault should be getting body shots on L25 walkers as frequently as she does (or ever, for that matter!). Something has gone awry, and I'm hoping it gets identified and fixed.
    Firekid
    Does sound fishy then, hopefully someone will look into it and get back to you! I'm going to keep an eye on it too.
    DBones
    Quick update, my partner whose assault used to be an absolute beast is finding that they aren't as effective as they were. Be good to get some answers!
    DBonesmack22bigbeano
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,934
    So, probably something wrong...

But getting body-shot on the regular isn't that strange for an assault.
    Let's say body-shot chance is 10% (probably a bit lower, but for the sake of the argument). If you hit10 walkers in 1 shot, 1 of them will be a body-shot.

But maybe it's abnormal. I didn't notice anything yet.

Keep the look out.
    Did you change badges as of late?
    Do realise, +damage badges are immune to body-shot reduction. %damage badges aren't!!!

If you had +damage badges before, you wouldn't notice the body-shot because it won't show when the walkers die.
    I don’t think I changed any of her badges last free swap event, but I can’t be 100% sure of that. Either way, 1 out of every 10 being a body shot seems awfully high for an 8 Star L24 survivor against L25 walkers, don’t you think?
    nope my abe has had the same gear and badges for months
    mack22
  • jordanfsljordanfsl Member Posts: 2
    Having the same issues with my 6 star Abe bodyshotting low lvl walkers all of a sudden.
  • BonaquaBonaqua Community Manager Posts: 53
    We're pretty sure nothing has changed, but we'll look into it and keep an eye out for any further info. Like @Firekid said, it could be a case of piercing/not piercing on your weapon.
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    edited September 2018
    well i never complained but that happens to me too, i have Abe 24 with 2 pink stars and im getting body shots with level 24/25 walkers... not armored, the normal ones.

I believe i see this more with assaults because i use them to farm xp in first challenge missions with xp trait and with Maggie as leader but i think this happens more in the last weeks , every now and then i got body shots against same or 1 level higher walkers and my Assaults are 2 pink.
    DBones
    @Bonaqua, I submiited my in-game ticket on this issue 9 days ago, and have not yet heard back any response whatsoever. Can you confirm if this issue is being looked into? Better yet....can you tell us if something has been found, and is being fixed? I ask because my same assault (shown and described above) just failed to one-shot kill a L27 regular walker in a challenge mission.......during the assault 50% total damage increase buff. There is clearly something wrong here, and it would be awesome if we knew it was at least being looked into. Thanks again
    Chrang
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 318
    I thought I noticed something similar the other night but figured I was seeing things. Now that I have read this and it closely resembles my experiences I am sure I have had the same thing happen occasionally. I will start paying closer attention. Hopefully @Bonaqua get back to you soon with a reply.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
    its fixed lol
    Once again, support only understand the simple problems.
    SPC
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 426
    Refer to my post: the body shot mechanic is ill-conceived and dated.
  • BonaquaBonaqua Community Manager Posts: 53
    Hey @DBones, unfortunately we haven't been able to find any issue here so far. I'll ask around to see if I can get some more eyes on it.