Damage Resistence Dynamic Strategy

aafr99aafr99 Member Posts: 161
To all of those who have been playing this game forever and knows pretty much everything :smiley:

In a high level fight you are garanteed to receive critical hits.
If the atack is higher than your life and you have zero Damage Resitence you enter a struggle in your first hit.

Now here comes my doubt:
If you have less then 50% Total Damage Resistence you will enter the struggle on your second hit.
If you have more then 50% Total Damage Resistence you will enter the struggle on your third(or more) hit.
Assuming what I said is true, it does not make a difference if you have two or three Iron Skin badges if your TotalDR is below 50%. You should have at least one to guarantee that you wont enter into a struggle on your first hit. After that, or you have more than 50%, or you should invest only in damage badges and other armor traits.
Is that correct?
If it is, as Sasha does not have Defensive Stance, if she is leggendary(Iron Skin =15%), you should not have Iron Skin trait in your armor, because its a waste of a trait. Now, if you have ONE (20%+)Iron Skin badge, you must have one Iron Skin Trait on your Armor, because that way you will guarantee that she can take at least two hits beffore enter into a struggle.

Is that correct?

whitek111

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,407
    edited September 2018
    Are you completely ignoring health then? And what do you mean by high level?
    jimmorrison369
  • aafr99aafr99 Member Posts: 161
    Yes. Im assuming you reached a level where every hit is higher than ur total life.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,827
    Incorrect, let's say your health is 1,000. The damage is 99,900.

You'd need 99% damage reduction if you don't want a instant strugle.

The max is 80%
    So at that point it wouldn't matter how much damage reduction you have.

It's about your health and the reduction on the damage that matters.
    bigbeanoaafr99mik81
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,827
    Just remember, between being invincible and insta-strugle there is a spectrum.

Each and every percentage damage reduction will shift the point of insta-strugle away from you.

Every 1% can make the difference at a certAin level, but will be redundant when the damage is even higher.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,562
    Yeah IMO I don't find there's much need for an in between sort of build. I either have 80% DR builds like most my melee, assault and Sasha or I have glass cannon builds in shooters/hunters.

If you have 50% DR like you say I think that's going to be 1-hit struggle from maybe RSL34 and up? 80% DR with a health badge can normally take a hit as high as 38/39, sometimes more if you load up on dodge/lucky/hazard.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    NerfZone187
  • aafr99aafr99 Member Posts: 161
    Thanks @jimmorrison369 @WellyLuga @Firekid I was considering The damage reduction functionality totally The wrong way.
    Firekid
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 470
    Dmg resistance badges are the most valuable badges in the game for high level play imo.
    1RisRoadRashbigbeano
  • elmaasheley147elmaasheley147 Member Posts: 6
    Totally agree with you.