The description of marksman trait confuses me

msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
I have a shooter with the Marksman trait (Rik). He is an outpost defender so he has no badges equipped:

After the last update, the description of marksman trait says it gives 15% more weapon damage to the survivor:

Shouldn't this percentage be included in his total damage and shown on the screen? Because I see no difference between the rise of weapon damage (27-lvl and 8-lvl gun — 3344-110=3234) and the rise of Rik's damage (5581-2352=3229):

It seems that before the update, the damage on the screen was affected by the marksman trait. (I may be wrong.)
Does the marksman affect only the damage caused during a mission? @Bonaqua, @Shteevie, could you please clarify that?
jimmorrison369

Answers

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,848
    edited September 2018
    Just because they "clarified" their mechanics don't mean it changed.

They don't even understand their own game...

The 15% is still on the survivor damage, not their weapon damage.

Just like Abraham's "total damage" boost is also only on survivor damage.

Just like it always has been.
    Right?

Or indeed, as you mention, the damage is wrong on the survivor screen...
    That would make it even worse, than they add the damage to survivor damage on the info screen, but put it elsewhere in the game ...
    msapaev
    Don't want to sound to salty...
    But this crap is same old same old.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,477
    edited September 2018
    I'm confused. Thought the 15% damage from marksman was added to the amount shown when shooting someone in a level not the damage shown on the character screen. Only times I noticed a difference in total damage shown on the character screen was with a weapon with lethal trait or when abe/Jesus lead the team.
    edited September 2018
    If you have 2 identical survivors, 1 with and 1 without marksman. The one with marksman will have more damage.

On the survivor screen.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,623
    edited September 2018
    And this is why the ignorance is bliss stance is best...

Honestly though, weapon damage, survivor damage, base damage, total damage, crit damage. All just a big convoluted mess :lol:. I only care about the numbers on screen in and out of missions.
    ShadowaceAz
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    edited September 2018

If you have 2 identical survivors, 1 with and 1 without marksman. The one with marksman will have more damage.

It was my first thought! Unfortunately, I couldn't try this because didn't have such survivors. Anyway, if you are right, the damage added by marksman isn't calculated based on the weapon damage and my initial comment shows this.
    jimmorrison369

msapaev
    WellyLuga said:

I only care about the numbers on screen in and out of missions.

I'd like to be able to predict those numbers too.
    That way I can make educated decisions.
    Not gamble. Or worse, think it is one thing when actually it is the other...
    msapaev
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,033

I'd select Leon because once you pull that mask off you'll find it's actually Leona. That and s/he has perfect traits for a bruiser. Slap some critical chance and critical damage badges on and you'll be good to go. Good luck survivor!
    jimmorrison369DBonesmsapaev
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,477
    @jimmorrison369. Thanks for the clarification!! Amazing how you can play this game for years and never know things like this!!!
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 477
    I don't even pay attn to the numbers, ill leave that to the nerds.

I just plow walkers with my bulldozer.