Assault damage lower?

Is it just me, or does the assault damage seem lower? I have mostly level 23 heroes and survivors with fully upgraded weapons to level 26. Normally, my assaults pretty much 1-shot kill most normal walkers level 26 and below. For some reason I have been leaving level 24 normal walkers standing for a week or so (maybe longer). I haven't really kept track. It just seems my assaults aren't doing the damage they were previously.
Raven2318DBonesEdd8psychwolfKratosmack22ScowleyzeekdogJenngtristanizZetteMrsScattercushionfreedydaddy

Comments

• DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Look here: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/36438/can-someone-explain

This was recently brought up by @NerfZone187, and followed by myself, but I've been told both in game and here on the forum that it's just body shots. But I agree with you both.....this is something new, and not body shots.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    KratoszeekdogJenng
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,673
    Last challenge was assault bonus...
  • ChrangChrang Member Posts: 288
    DBones reference appears more like what I've been experiencing... it has been going on longer than I realized... definitely before the assault class bonus last challenge.
    DBonespsychwolfzeekdogJenng
    It appears especially noticeable with my assaults because I use them heavily, I normally have two for most maps. Is anyone noticing other class anomalies?
    psychwolfzeekdogJenng
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited September 2018
    It seems there must be something wierd going reading so many complaints.
    Thankfully I aren't one of those with this problem.

My Abe has 1 pink star and usually has no trouble until walkers lvl29+ (even with lvl29 walkers bodyshots are very rare)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    DBonesChrang
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    It's not the first time, either... but first time around it was also said it was just our perception. At some point, it was gone, though... so no idea what had happened back then...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    DBonesChrangJenng
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Someone needs to check their math from when they rolled back the damage on assualts after the 50% bonus event. My Abraham has always killed 100% at level 27 and I am seeing a lot of examples where walkers are left standing. Can someone check for us please?
    DBonespsychwolfJenngMrsScattercushion
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,362
    just as a point of reference my level 22 two pink assault is taking down nearly all 27's so for a 2 pink level 24 abe not to be means something is definitely wrong.
    DBonesJenng
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,186
    edited September 2018
    Guy below is body shotting lvl 28 walkers (health 4980) >50% of the time with assigned weapon and armor.

Edit: Maybe it isn't a body shot, but he isn't taking them our regardless on the first strike.
    zeekdogChrangJenng
    I'm not seeing the "Body Shot" pop-up, the walkers just aren't going down like they used to. I'm just not used to normal walkers level 26 or below still standing after an assaults' turn.
    zeekdogJenngDBones
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    On my alt, my legendary level 20 Governor leaves level 21 walkers standing. No bodyshot pop-up, either.

He doesn't have perfect badges nor perfect gear, but level 20 should be able to take out 21 easily, no?
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119
    edited September 2018
    Sometimes after Assault bonus week I feel that they have been nerfed. I thought this the last time actually. Everything seems to be normal for my Assault crew this time however.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    I've been noticing this as well. I thought I was just getting lots of body shots or something but assault definitely feels off. I use Rosita for almost all my team runs. She has 1 pink star and my best damage badages too.. Normally I can kill stuff in one shot. And lately there will be a few standing. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing the issue.
    DBonesChrang
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 167
    Iam talking about this with some guild members the last few weeks.
    My game experience changed after the last update. My assaults seems weaker then before.

But most problems are with level 26 normal walkers. Normally I could kill them in one burst. But now I regularly need 2 bursts to kill them.

Mostly playing with my 2 pink Abe.

But weirdest thing is level 27-28 are almost always a instant kill.

Line id: djinn1982
    DBones
  • MrsScattercushionMrsScattercushion Member Posts: 120
    Yup, my 1 pink Abe level 24, with max leg gear is currently leaving lvl 24 and 25 walkers regularly standing. Not tried any other assaults at present but it is an issue our guild have been talking about for a few weeks now.
    DBonesRaven2318
  • BonaquaBonaqua Community Manager Posts: 53
    Thanks for the reports! We haven't changed anything, but will double check to see if there's a bug of some sorts.
  • Andy_bAndy_b Member Posts: 101
    100% agree, assaults are weaker for sure.Noticed this around a month ago
    DBonesRaven2318
    edited September 2018
    steatlh nerf. shame shame on NG
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/36183/august-2018-balance-update#latest

That's the patch note. only mentioning of warrior having an attack buff

but no mentioning of assaults getting a stealth nerf!!
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 167
    Ranged survivors have always a chance getting bodyshots if iam right?

Seems like something is off with that for assaults

Line id: djinn1982
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,362
    Someone in our guild has said their assaults damage is 5400 and saw critical hit come up but it only did 4300 damage. Anyone else seen this. Think there's too much noise for this not to be a bug. Just hope it doesn't take as long as it took to get hunters critical charge attack sorted!
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited September 2018
    Best way for this to get the proper attention is for players with the issue to record & post videos.

That way if there is indeed a problem it'll be easier to see & likely get the attention of developers.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,948
    Houston , we have a problem!

Danski_46zeekdogDBones
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119
    You rolled for 3313 damage. The average body shot (50% of a normal attack value) would be 3061 for the Governor as shown. You did over 8% more damage than an average body shot. What's the problem? Looks like it's working just fine.
    Black Labs Matter.