Assault damage lower?

Comments

• SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,948
    Body shot never flashed

• WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    seems to me there might be a bug in the body shot frequency - occurring more than it should. and also body shot warning isn't flashing.
  • SPCSPC Member Posts: 24
    I notice the body shots when using Rosita’s concussion rifle. Could it be the rifle? Anyone else notice this?
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    A 6* lvl24 Hero (which is essentially a lvl25 survivor with regards to body shots) should not get body shots against a level 26 walker.

@Kaz Any updates on this?
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119
    @TheKing that's what you get for putting 2 damage badges on Abraham when the secondary conditions for those badges are wasted. What badges are you running on The Governor and/or your best Assault?

Methinks you are doing it wrong.
    Black Labs Matter.
    bladgier
  • TheKingTheKing Member Posts: 84
    I do using the Governor only for farming. My best assault is Abe :)
    Don't you usually use 2 Assaults? Who is your best Assault other than Abe and what badges do they have?
    Black Labs Matter.
    > @PigBenis said:
    > Don't you usually use 2 Assaults? Who is your best Assault other than Abe and what badges do they have?
    Rosita she is my tank but I’m planning to swap her with this guy
    edited October 2018
    You'd probably be better off putting all of the badges that Rosita has on Abe and all of the ones on Abe currently on the new Assault. Your badges can definitely be fine tuned a bit.
    Black Labs Matter.
    TheKing
    I’ll try . Thanks ;)
    No problem. Wait until free badge swap weekend. I bet we have one soon since we have new heroes in the game...sort of. No sense in using gold when it's not that critical.
    Black Labs Matter.
    TJS
  • ChrangChrang Member Posts: 288
    edited October 2018
    And this is after the update...

Really?
    Those values are well within the values of what's expected. Not sure why you feel there is a problem.
    Black Labs Matter.
    1Ris
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,357
    yep them be bodyshots guessing their were other walkers around which did go down. However! Had more complaints in our guild of underperforming assaults. I've been trying to keep an eye on mine and o think it may not be a problem with lower damage per se but a lack of critical hits. @ +2asl you'd expect a large number of critical hits when shooting a crowd and I don't think that's happening. Will try and get photos/video soon but @kaz could someone look at the crit chance coding on assaults?
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 966
    edited October 2018
    @Chrang, that's some serious lack of damage there. My Governor is level 21 with iro 3000 damage and one shots level 25s.
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Hey there!

So I've asked around what could it be happening since no numbers were changed other than removing the bonus damage from the previous week aaand we have a good theory!

Things you probably know already (but if you don't, don't worry, the game doesn't clearly explain that):
    - Every ranged survivor has a small innate chance of bodyshots
    - The bodyshot message doesn't pop up when you kill a walker

So, in the previous week, when we had the assault bonus, you would have the impression that you are getting less bodyshots, because even if you had one, you would have killed all the walkers anyway and the message would never be shown on your screen.

Other than that the Assault damage and the bodyshot/critical chances were not changed.

Hope it helps and let me know if you have more questions!
    PigBenisShadowaceAz
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,194
    Yeah it's why I like using piercing at most levels since it cancels out the innate body shot chance and generally just makes your assaults more potent. The only time I don't use it is when I'm at very high level with Sasha going for charge points.
    aquila
    @kaz thank so for coming back to us! One thing I would say is this was brought up before the assault bonus week I believe.. seemed to be directly after the balance update and as you've said before when one coder starts stuff it can affect something else and crit chance was altered albeit for warriors but as they say there's no smoke without fire and there is a lot of smoke....
    KratosJaden
    edited October 2018
    Goddammit! Just missed the bit where critical hit appears above the walker on the right yet they are both left with around the same health! Gonna slow my game down and be ready and waiting next time!

Edit: or not as I played the rest of that level hitting as many walkers with my assault as possible and didn't get a single other critical hit. Only 3 bodyshots too but all hits were doing the same damage around 3800-4100
    Where's the smoke? So far I haven't seen a single photo, video, or piece of evidence otherwise that shows damage outside of the range it should fall within. This seems to be more of a placebo effect where a few are trying to convince everyone else that something is wrong with no supporting evidence. Should I assume that if I have an Assault that has 4000 base damage and he rolls for 4500 on a regular attack that his damage has been secretly buffed?
    Black Labs Matter.
    ShadowaceAz
    @pigbenis these were both "critical hits" using the assault above is that within normal parameters?
    DBones
    edited October 2018
    It's possible depending on how the Critical Damage is calculated. My understanding is that an Assault Critical Hit does 125% of a normal attack.

If the 125% is multiplied by the base average damage of 4245 then you should be expecting an average hit of just over 5300 which is not the case here. But there is a range around that 4245 both higher and lower that is possible for a normal attack. If we assume that a normal attack can do 80-120% of the 4245 value, the range becomes 3396-5094. And if that number is decided first and THEN the 125% for a Critical Hit is applied to it, the range for a Critical Hit becomes 4245-6368 and your numbers fall on the low end of that range. I don't know what the actual range is around the average, but a developer can probably shed some more light on that.

See if you get Critical Hit numbers as high or higher than the range I suggested and that will tell more as well.
    Black Labs Matter.
    jimmorrison369
    @pigbenis I had no idea that a critical hit could be lower than a normal one! I will keep an eye on it and see what happens but it still feels off to me comparing what she used to do but as you say maybe I just notice it more now...
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,194
    Classic NG over-complicating things which ought to be simple. If I have 5,000 damage, why can't I just hit 5,000 damage every time? There's enough RNG in this game as it is :lol:
    Danski_46DBones
    > @Firekid said:
    > @pigbenis I had no idea that a critical hit could be lower than a normal one! I will keep an eye on it and see what happens but it still feels off to me comparing what she used to do but as you say maybe I just notice it more now...

In my proposed situation above, a Critical Hit would at least roll for a normal attack average.
    Black Labs Matter.
    @pigbenis Yes but could and does roll for less than an attack where critical hit doesn't come up. Which doesn't make sense to me.
    Overlapping ranges of damage and RNG I suppose. That is assuming my method of calculation is correct. Kinda like how you can get a rare badge with better values than an epic one. I've seen some of the pics floating around to show that too.
    Black Labs Matter.
    @pigbenis as much as it pains me to say it your calculations were pretty spot on. Not many crit hits getting about 5000 though and the vast majority of non body shots were less than 4245. #makeassaultscritical150%
    PigBenis