New Hero: Alpha

Hero Trait:
"Ignored by walkers until she damages any unit or interacts with an objective or exit. As team leader, [etc]."
This idea would open up some radically fun Hard Distance strategies!

Normal Traits:
Dodge
Iron Skin
... I'm not sure. Also not sure her class. Scout?
jeffro_kickasscapibaraJimiFaith

Comments

• ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 204
    She can't (in media) use a firearm, so she's surely melee.
    Traits she shows in the comic aren't easily mapped to the game.
    Bullet Dodge? (Too many Zs in the way?)
    Retaliate? (Didn't see her coming?)
    None of the no-movement or overwatch traits make sense, because of her HT and the theme. Maybe Morgan's charge HT, given that her MO is acting like a Z? Do we want other hero traits to become normal traits for non-heroes?
  • jeffro_kickassjeffro_kickass Member Posts: 1
    I like it. It would be better to get new heroes instead of different versions of Rock, Morgan and Glenn.
    WhereisHeathR2runfastArtminius
    NO, we don't.
    Fifth trait: lucky, ruthless (not really in media, but whatever), or strong. No other melee-based traits fit (imho).
  • WhereisHeathWhereisHeath Member Posts: 34
    Alpha and Magna for the second half i think :D maybe Beta too
  • XenathewarriorXenathewarrior Member Posts: 233
    I don’t think we need new heroes, I have enough problems with my old heroes, to many of them, without adding any new ones.
    TCBRITO
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 973
    Scout

Ruthless
    Strong
    Lucky
    Retaliate
    Punish (!!!)

This would be the make sense traits imo.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    ArtminiusJimiFaith
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,334
    :) Hey Art!
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    Artminius
  • JimiFaithJimiFaith Member Posts: 358
    If cutting the head of the enemies and set them on pikes delimitating territory isn't ruthless and/or a retaliation I don't know anything anymore...

I like also the idea of punish being on scouts or warriors...

"One with the Herd"
    Dodge
    Lucky
    Ruthless
    Punish
    Artminius
  • UrbanjesusUrbanjesus Member Posts: 27
    I want to see them add Enid Cindy or siddiq in 9A. I don't understand if they wait to add magna yumiko alpha or beta until 9 B. people who are complaining that adding Heroes makes it too difficult too unlock new ones just need to be smarter with their Radio Calls. If you save up radios and then spend a bunch at the same time for a specific Heroes call it's so much easier to unlock and upgrade the ones you want. I've already unlocked every hero in the game and all but a few are five stars for me. I can't wait to finally have some new heros to go for
    Chingiscaanthony172
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    @Urbanjesus - where's that disagree button gone.....

There are too many Hero's - As for being smarter with calls - It's not that simple for a lot of us.

Out of 100 calls for the dedicated hero's, I've had 4 calls that gave me the special chance hero:

20 calls for Aaron got me 64 tokens, over 2 events, yet got me 512 for other hero's

50 calls for Abe have got me enough to 1 pink him, yet also got me enough to pink other hero's - it worked out at an estimated ratio 1 - 4 Abe vs others (I have no interest in upgrading Dufus\Morgan\Neegan)

If it was more reliable to get the required tokens, then it'd be worth it, and valid advice, but at a lower level, where i "Hoard" 250 radio's it's barely worth it, and delivers poor results.
    Adding more heroe's into that mix, will make it much harder to promote the useful heroe's
    anthony172Captainslayer
    > @JimiFaith said:
    > I like also the idea of punish being on scouts or warriors...
    >
    > "One with the Herd"
    > Dodge
    > Lucky
    > Ruthless
    > Punish

I'd have to think about it.
    I LOVE your name for her hero trait!! Brilliant!
    Dodge makes sense. The Zs and Ss don't expect her to react.
    Lucky is one of those 'always awesome' traits, but cool. Low hanging fruit, and a bit unthematic (she ain't lucky, she's terrifyingly pragmatic).
    Ruthless could (again) be the Zs not paying attention to her... But it's underpowered if her hero trait discourages her from initiating attacks.
    Punish is as bad as overwatch or retaliate: breaks her primary hero trait (and many players would forget that, if they are used to just sneaking her around then... WHOOPS! she's broken cover and mobbed).

So my take:
    - ONE WITH THE HERD! (Brilliant!)
    - Dodge is great.
    - Iron Skin (slough off the dead Z skin)
    - Bullet Dodge (Zs in the way, per above metaphor of mine) Yes, I know people think this sucks... She can't be perfect, right?
    - Strong. Why not? Not really in canon, but I don't want any conditional-effect traits to muck with ONE WITH THE HERD! And so give her some damage when she uncloaks.

Heh... I've not been so invested in a post here in months. And the show walked away from that comic story line (sadly).
    Maybe a good Alpha would... Sell some comics for Kirkman? :-D
    Last week's episode, y'all! My post above about 'walked away' was premature.
    Engines to power, turbines to speed, NG!

Give us ONE WITH THE HERD!!!
    And when you do, give @JimiFaith all the gold. Brilliant name for the trait.
    (I'll take a few Carl tokens for the rule design.) ;-)
    Now that Guild Wars is out, Alpha becomes so incredibly good in Enemy missions that have spawn Zs: they will only go after the enemy, as long as she's leading and you stay on overwatch with all melee.
    The enemy literally faces a herd... And y'all are ONE WITH THE HERD, so you just hang back until the time to rush and stab comes.
    Heheh... One With The Herd might actually break enemy fights. A shame, if so.
    I REALLY, REALLY want Alpha. :'(