WARRIORS 2.12 Strategy Thread

ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 1,692
@Bonaqua said:

Razor Trait
Melee weapons are getting a big boost with the addition of the Razor Trait. It reduces the chances of attacks resulting in a Body Shot, similar to the Piercing trait, and also decreases the enemy's Damage Reduction by a hefty chunk. This makes melee survivors much more useful in high-difficulty missions, allows for Bruisers to stun at higher levels more often, and is a great counter to enemies loaded up with Iron Skin and DR Badges. [The last is something you might be doing more often in the future]

And August balance update gave Warriors a higher base chance of critical hitting. (20% instead of 10% for all other classes)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So let's discuss some "Beyond the Wall" strategies for 2.12 Warriors.

Best traits?

Best Badges?

Best gear?

Best teammates?

I think you all know I'm not a huge fan of warriors, but I'm hoping after the recent/coming changes, with your help and strategy advice, that might change.

***note: by "Beyond the Wall" I'm referring to gameplay in stages high enough that body shots are a near 100% guaranteed chance.

Also, I know everyone loves Michonne, but let's discuss non hero warriors please?
Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE

Comments

• tabernactabernac Member Posts: 539
    @ATLAS-Z A big question that would heavily influence my answer would be:

Is the Razor trait impacted by the Lucky trait?
    TJS
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,150
    edited September 29
    @tabernac Probably not. All the other traits that affect body shots are not (piercing, hazard suit, and bulletproof).

My personal favorite warrior traits are: strong, power strike, ruthless, retaliate, and lucky. I badge them with 3 DR, and then either 3 damage, or 2 damage and 1 health/critical chance. I'm still experimenting. I like my warriors as sort of a half and half tank/offensive powerhouse. I'll get them to 80% DR through badges and armor. So my favorite armor would be gold ruthless/hazard suit, silver iron skin.

I'll run my melee team as Michonne, warrior, and scout. Because my warrior doesn't have iron skin and I have to make up for it with armor, I can't use stun resistance. So I'll give my Michonne armor with gold ruthless/hazard suit and silver stun resist. She already has IS as a survivor trait so that frees up an armor slot. She'll take hits from tanks if needed.

For weapons I like gold arc (must have) and then some sort of combination of lethal, lucky, and now razor.

Hope this helps (and all makes sense)!
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    ATLAS-ZtabernacTJS
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,028
    I'm a big advocate for dodge, if you have it on survivor and armour on top of lucky you can get your chances close to 50/50 and it'll do more to reduce damage beyond the wall than DR badges do.

I've got a warrior project with lucky, retaliate, dodge, power strike and ruthless. I've not been able to get him challenge ready as I pretty much need 2 legendary and 1 epic DR badges to get him up to 80% and I don't have enough to go around!

In terms of a weapon I think gold arc/razor will be non-negotiable. Silver I'd be happy with lucky, lethal or destructive.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    ATLAS-Z
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 1,692
    edited September 30
    We need a term for this...

Wall+

WP

BSX

BTW (Beyond the Wall not By the Way)
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Anyway as I understand it, BTW all enemy attacks against you are critical hits correct?

And BTW dodge stops "dodging" and instead has the same % chance to turn those "auto-crits" into normal hits?

Is that right?
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 3,980
    That's correct regarding Dodge trait at higher lvls.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of Wild Walking

Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Yep and a walker crit is 250% damage. Dodge reduces it by 150% to normal damage. I mentioned in another thread, with 80% damage at 34/35 it's 2000-2500 down to 800-1000. Stacking it with hazard suit means you can dodge it completely if hazard triggers then dodge does too.

Apologies if these numbers are wrong but I'm pretty certain I read that somewhere when I was soaking up information on the game.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    ATLAS-Zjimmorrison369
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,636
    Yes @WellyLuga .
    That is about as correct as is available (to my knowledge).

Walker crits are a very large increase.
    OT,
    Iron skin, retaliate, powerstrike, ruthless and lucky/strong.

Lucky for dodge and critical hits.

Strong for that ~5% extra damage. (It is ~5% up to 7 times btw)

I don't have a endless supply of damage resistance badges, so I need that iron skin.

I'm feeling Interrupt well soon return as a primary unicorn trait. Esp since silver usually does the trick.

Razor/Arc/Interrupt

Power strike
    WellyLugatabernac
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,150
    Don't forget, Lucky boosts Michonne's trait too!
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    JCSinWD
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 187
    strong powerstrike ruthless retaliate and iron/def stance either or... retaliate gets forgotten but it hits everything near u so its a free hit on 6-7 walkers. i dont know much about warriors im range only but my 2 cents
    bladgier
    Ok any top dogs out their want to share their badge config for warriors? I'm looking to get one ready. Probably Michonne.

What's the best badges for her and armor?

Below is a screen of some armor I picked up.
    edited October 21
    It depends how you use your warriors really. I only use Michonne and have her geared up with a mixture of damage, DR and health. She softens the walkers up and I use scouts to charge up and reduce threat. It depends how good your DR badges are an how much you need from armour. If no need for iron skin the top right one is the ultimate tanking armour with dodge, hazard and stun :smile:

For non tank maps the one with iron skin, dodge and hazard or the one with health, hazard and dodge. Again depending on how much DR you need from armour.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    ATLAS-Z
    Thanks @WellyLuga kinda what I was thinking
    WellyLuga
    Just need a gagillion xp and turbo 5 sec event and I'm in
  • PicPic Member Posts: 477
    Three epic and three legendary are michonne. Other two images are a regular warrior 8* prior to ruthless update. My 8* and michonne survive multiple hits at 35+ once I roll better weapons with wide arc I believe they'll be much better in the field. But surprisingly I bring them out when my ranged can't hang. They do the trick and astounded at the damage they can take before going into a struggle. Melee is starting to become my favor class with this razor trait.
    imacharlietabernac
  • PicPic Member Posts: 477
    Also huge difference with silver and gold razor 15% and its damn noticeable.
    imacharlieATLAS-Z
    I've still only got Michonne and only 5-star... Still can't seem to find a warrior I want to invest in. Over 10,000 tokens waiting to be spent...
    WellyLuga
    @ATLAS-Z I admire your patience, I'd have caved in long ago :lol:
    Forever Wild Walking B)
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 713
    You not ready for this!!! Or are you?

TheKingATLAS-Z