CC badges now quite useful?

With the new addition of the Razor trait are critical chance badges now useful on melee characters, specifically warriors? Normally I use 3 DR and 3 damage badges but now I'm wondering if adding a CC badge is worthwhile. What are ideal melee badges now?
TJS

Comments

  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,020
    They've always been useful if you know how and when to use them. They are ideal candidates for ranged survivors with Sure Shot trait and Piercing on weapon, Hunter using the RPG, melee with Razor traited weapons, etc. Sometimes they are even beneficial on Assault for charge attack, which is a guaranteed non-body shot. I could see putting 1 or 2 on an offensive Assault being used in conjunction with a defensive Assault. The offensive Assault MUST have Piercing on weapon.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,765
    Critical chance does become more usefull for melee, especially on warriors. But scouts can benefit too. And well, bruisers too I guess (if you use them to kill).

    Asuming you do high level play! Up to 4 lvls above your survivors it already was pretty good to have.

    Don't overdo it though, cc is easy to overshoot. 90% is easy...

    In very high lvl play.
    The gold razor trait can give your melee 40.5% chance at critical, 4.5% regular and 55% at body-shots. Doing a critical means doing 50% extra damage, add 60% from destructive. That is a nice dage boost of 110% extra damage. A nice damage% badge of say 15% can boost that up to 210*1.15=241.5

    Making that 15% boost actually 31.5%, 40% of the time. Or 2 out of 5. Or hit 5 walkers, kill 2 of them...
    TJSimacharlie
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 510

    The gold razor trait can give your melee 40.5% chance at critical

    Is that true? isn't it 55% bodyshot and 45% non-bodyshot, not any guaranteed crit?
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,765
    Deadheads said:

    The gold razor trait can give your melee 40.5% chance at critical

    Is that true? isn't it 55% bodyshot and 45% non-bodyshot, not any guaranteed crit?
    Crit Chance cap is 90%.
    In 45% of the time it is non-bodyshot for gold razor.
    90% of 45% is 40.5% chance at crit.

    It can't be crit unless non-bodyshot. But when non-bodyshot is achieved it can be.
    TJS
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Thanks for your input once again @jimmorrison369
    Your an awesome benefit to the NLM community!!!!
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 510

    Deadheads said:

    The gold razor trait can give your melee 40.5% chance at critical

    Is that true? isn't it 55% bodyshot and 45% non-bodyshot, not any guaranteed crit?
    Crit Chance cap is 90%.
    In 45% of the time it is non-bodyshot for gold razor.
    90% of 45% is 40.5% chance at crit.

    It can't be crit unless non-bodyshot. But when non-bodyshot is achieved it can be.
    ah, ok. didn't realize you were already taking the 90% into account. what is the default chance? if I add a 18% CC badge with no other increases, what is my actual crit chance?
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,020
    I believe default chance is 10% for all classes except Warriors assuming no bonus effects and assuming you are playing at a level below guaranteed body shots. 20% chance for Warriors under same conditions.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 933

    Critical chance does become more usefull for melee, especially on warriors. But scouts can benefit too. And well, bruisers too I guess (if you use them to kill).



    Asuming you do high level play! Up to 4 lvls above your survivors it already was pretty good to have.



    Don't overdo it though, cc is easy to overshoot. 90% is easy...



    In very high lvl play.

    The gold razor trait can give your melee 40.5% chance at critical, 4.5% regular and 55% at body-shots. Doing a critical means doing 50% extra damage, add 60% from destructive. That is a nice dage boost of 110% extra damage. A nice damage% badge of say 15% can boost that up to 210*1.15=241.5



    Making that 15% boost actually 31.5%, 40% of the time. Or 2 out of 5. Or hit 5 walkers, kill 2 of them...

    I'm actually considering removing a damage badge from Michonne and dropping a legendary critical chance badge on her. I'll have to sacrifice about 12% of her damage but cc badge with bonus will be adding 25%. Of course I'm waiting on a weapon with razor for her. It took me awhile to make the jump to Sasha with 80% DR but after getting used to it there's no way I'd go back. It's significantly improved how far I can get in the challenges and she doesn't drop like a wet rag if hit in the distance.
    jimmorrison369
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 510
    Cronus said:

    I'm actually considering removing a damage badge from Michonne and dropping a legendary critical chance badge on her. I'll have to sacrifice about 12% of her damage but cc badge with bonus will be adding 25%. Of course I'm waiting on a weapon with razor for her. It took me awhile to make the jump to Sasha with 80% DR but after getting used to it there's no way I'd go back. It's significantly improved how far I can get in the challenges and she doesn't drop like a wet rag if hit in the distance.


    That's exactly what I'm debating @Cronus ... my default for warriors has been 3 damage badges than a combo of health/DR (depending on what I had available), not sure what to do now.
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 933
    I won't be taking off a DR badge that's for sure. I always get to the point where I can't one shot kill anyway so taking damage off just makes that happen sooner. That's where the critical chance and razor trait will make a difference so I'm willing to give it a try once I have the right weapon.
    jimmorrison369
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,765
    At high level play...
    It seems there is 10% cc, and now 20% for warriors.

    Luck just adds to that, so 40% luck can bring it to 50 or 60.
    Then powerstrike can finish it of.
    Accurate on a weapon too.
    Or any leader ability.

    So imagine warrior.
    20% inherent
    20% luck on survivor or weapon
    If you use powerstrike cc badges are moot...

    Pick your poison.
    Luck can be 40%+
    20% inherent on warrior, 10% on others.
    Accurate can be 15%
    Powerstrike can be 40%+
    Leadership by carol is huge.
    TJS
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 933
    I know the buff for crit chance on warriors has me rethinking use of the survivors below. I had been more of a proponent of dodge over lucky so have been sitting on them along with almost 6,000 warrior tokens. Now I'm thinking it's time to promote one of them since lucky is additive with crit chance. Lucky on a warrior weapon will be better than accurate (lucky gold/silver 20%/15% vs. accurate gold/silver 15%/10%) so believe I'd target silver lucky, gold wide arc and gold razor. Any of these warriors still need a crit chance badge based on that (20% base, 15% silver weapon lucky, 20% lvl 6 survivor lucky) but I can hit 80% with a legendary badge. I like the idea of powers trike (have a 7 star warrior with it already) however for general game play think I'd rather guarantee my crit chance rather than have to rely on no movement.


    jimmorrison369
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,404
    @Cronus I think accurate got a buff recently. It's 25% and 20% for gold/silver.

    @jimmorrison369 makes a good point about maxing crit chance on warriors but since Michonne has neither power strike or lucky a CC badge makes complete sense on her. Plus it means you can have good crit chance without having to sacrifice a weapon slot.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    Cronusjimmorrison369
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 287
    I'm currently building out my first scout weapon with silver accurate (20%), gold luck (20%) and gold razor (45%). I'm planning on pairing the knife with a 7 star survivor with 20% luck and powerstrike and was wondering how luck interacts with Razor.
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,351
    Luck does not affect the Razor trait, just like piercing.. @ADPaq
    ⚔️Leader - TheHerdReturned⚔️
    ADPaq
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 287
    Thanks @Mystique

    That's a shame, but I understand why.
Sign In or Register to comment.