Is a dodge focused team still viable at high levels?

I'm always trying to find new combos that'll work +8/9 RSL and above to keep the game interesting and get further in the challenge, and another discussion got me thinking about Gabriel. I know I've heard stories of dodge getting nerfered in the past but my thought would be to pair him with these guys. With my epic Gabe's skill, each would have a 43% chance to dodge (with gold dodge armor) not including luck and Gabe's other trait. So I'd love to hear from our experts, is this a strategy worth pursuing?

BWilsanthony172

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,313
    Most definitely. Put on the hazard armor and you can avoid critical hits.

You have two unicorns there. Nice one!
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 438
    Got a couple options @TJS what would you suggest? How high do you think these guys could go?

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,206
    You should absolutely load up on dodge, on melee especially. I wouldn't consider building up a survivor with a defensive build without it. The two bruiser armours are great if you have 80% DR from badges and survivor traits alone, one for tank maps and one without.

I think for high level play there are better heroes around than Gabriel to get you further, no surprise me mentioning Sasha/Michonne/Morgan and I think scout Rick will join this elite. Just because I would value charge points/threat reduction more important than dodging crits.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    TJS
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 823
    The bruiser armor you have yet to upgrade will give you double dodge (armor and survivor) and along with gold hazard that's a great combo. I use Gabe a bunch both alone and as leader (he has 80% DR which is key) and don;t even think about it at +7 RSL. Especially useful with another scout using swift strike so you want as much lucky as possible also. Your bruiser is a true unicorn.
    TJS
    Thanks @WellyLuga and @Cronus, my big problem is not enough DR badges :-) I've got Sasha/Abe (both 2 pink) and the bruiser above at 80% but after that I've only got a handful of 9-10% ones. I was thinking/hoping of having the warrior/bruiser in front with Gabe behind them with a spear and damage/CD badges. not a sound strategy?
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 823
    Gabe with powerstrike is good with the spear in configuration you're proposing. I have a survivor with powerstrike, strong and vigilant that serves as my main spear/pitchfork scout. Kingdom spear with gold destructive/swift strike and silver lucky is really nice in Gabe's hands.
    Cronus said:

Gabe with powerstrike is good with the spear in configuration you're proposing. I have a survivor with powerstrike, strong and vigilant that serves as my main spear/pitchfork scout. Kingdom spear with gold destructive/swift strike and silver lucky is really nice in Gabe's hands.

That's exactly the spear I have. My Gabe is only epic and L21 so just deciding if the xp investment is worth it with L25 upgrading right around the corner.
    Just found this beauty... maybe its a sign to go for a dodge team!

CronusWellyLuga
  • RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 59
    Tankzilla is THE PERFECT BRUISER. Damn good job bro