Critical badge question

psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,204
I'm trying to understand where to best place my critical chance and critical damage badges. On which class do they work best at high RSL?
From my understanding, it's they're good to put on warriors/assault/bruisers.
When everything starts to become a body shot, I normally have Sasha in the lead to gain charge points. How does that come into play when you have CC and CD badges equipped? Is it beneficial for scouts?
I'm also trying to build a completely offense based shooter. Would any CC or CD damage badges be helpful at high RSL?
Thanks!

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,747
    Crit damage badges help with the charged Sasha helps you build so yes, loading your more offensive classes I.e. shooter, scout and hunter with these badge makes sense! I like my bruisers and assaults loaded with health, DR and damage.

Crit chance used to be useless on a scout at high level as normal attacks would be 100% body shot and charges would be 100% crit. The introduction of razor makes them more viable though.
    psychwolf
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,204
    Yes I loaded up my assaults and bruisers with damage reduction and health. I can see the use of critical damage with charge attacks but are critical chance badges kind of useless at high RSL where everything is a body shot?
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,747
    edited October 2018
    For warriors since their charge isn't guaranteed crit it's a nice badge to use, suppose it also helps on normal attacks too if you're using razor. Bruisers and assaults aren't used for damage IMO so not helpful for me.

On the others, if you're using piercing/Razor a crit chance badge could be useful but I'd rather have the guaranteed boost from a crit damage badge and rely on power strike, sure shot, lucky and accurate for my crit chance :smile:
    psychwolfTJSjimmorrison369
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @jimmorrison369

We have a question in the guild you may know the answer to, and it's kind of along the same lines of CD vs CD% as well...

It was phrased as this:
    1. Does anyone know if critical damage % badges boost the Total Damage during critical attacks
    2. Or they boost only the extra damage coming from the critical hit?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,922
    @ShadowaceAz
    Crit damage increase will be similair to how destructive works.

Besides flat badges (damage and crit damage), it is the "total damage" that is increased.

Or at least, that is how it worked almost 2 years ago when I tested this...
    ShadowaceAz
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia