Why does it take so long to ....

Update weapons? Why does it cost so much (as much as a survivor) to upgrade weapons? Also why does it come out of XP and not the tomatoes? I just don't understand 14 hrs to upgrade a weapon, really? I've concentrated on upgrading my survivors and now during this break I've been looking at updating my weapons. The price and hours to do so just irritates me. I know it's a game, I know not many care that I'm irritated, I would just like to know why it has to cost so many XP coins and take so many hours. I'm not bitching, I love this game, it's just I only have a certain amount of hours I can play and hate when my weapon (Cingular) cause God forbid we could update more than one at a time, dings my devices that it's ready and I can't get to it till the next day. Guess if I had a wish list the price would be ALOT lower and the time would be ALOT less.

Thanks for listening to my rant. o:)
ggbats

Comments

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,492
    @Lynz4tex, it's the Zombie Apocalypse, things are harder to find, and it takes time, walkers come by every hour banging on your wall interrupting your work. Also have you tried making anything out of tomatos. See that's why I like 5s upgrade.
    thecolty
  • gretchiepooh01gretchiepooh01 Member Posts: 209
    I completely agree that it's too expensive and takes too long. At one time before an upgrade it only took seconds, and they did it one weekend. but it was still too expensive. They do it because they can.
    Lynz4tex
  • Lynz4texLynz4tex Member Posts: 76
    edited February 2016
    @zbot I use the tomatoes for camp upgrades after updates. I usually takes over a million tomato cans to upgrade anything in camp and that's with a 24hr wait. I just don't understand why it has to take that long. I'm going broke, lol, I know it's free to play I'm just trying to get it all upgraded before I heal from surgery, guess I'm just impatient. This game has helped keep my mind off the pain of recovery.

I really wouldn't mind the cost if the time wasn't so long or a long time to upgrade with a cheaper price.
    eetu
  • blackiguanablackiguana Member Posts: 258
    It takes a lot of tomatoe cans to build a wall in the fort!
    Lynz4tex
  • PhilJPhilJ Member Posts: 98
    Strategy strategy strategy

Although the expense and time taken to upgrade weapons is frustrating I think it adds a psychological value to your upgrades and depth to the game. Nothing is really worth while without sacrifice.
    A certain strategy needs to be developed in what choices you make.
    Really do you need that upgrade or do you just want it?
    Is your survivor getting hit hard of not making the kill?
    Are the traits good ones that suite your playing stile?
    How many levels is it going to last?
    What chance of better equip coming your way?

Without the expense you would not ask yourself these questions and the game would be only killing walkers.
    Lynz4texeetu
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    Even with 5 seconds upgrade for everything, It would still be a long time, it can take days to save up for an upgrade, why the long wait afterward ?
    Lynz4tex
  • DERRICKDERRICK Member Posts: 329
    edited February 2016
    What do you guys suggest? On high level weapons are really powerful.. I Agree that the upgrade time shouldnt take that long (18h on level 18 - cost from starting level about 1 Million XP) but it shouldve a certain value. And they should increase droprates for epic and legendary gear. So that its simply worth the xp and waiting time.
    ... .... ...... ...... ....... ... ......
    PhilJ said:

Strategy strategy strategy

Although the expense and time taken to upgrade weapons is frustrating I think it adds a psychological value to your upgrades and depth to the game. Nothing is really worth while without sacrifice.
    A certain strategy needs to be developed in what choices you make.
    Really do you need that upgrade or do you just want it?
    Is your survivor getting hit hard of not making the kill?
    Are the traits good ones that suite your playing stile?
    How many levels is it going to last?
    What chance of better equip coming your way?

Without the expense you would not ask yourself these questions and the game would be only killing walkers.

S

@PhilJ

Thank you. Still impatient but this makes sense to me.

• JazzJazz Member Posts: 125
    Agreed, the time and cost is ridiculously high for equipments. But since they started doing weekend events, I'm sure they'll do another 5s equipment upgrade event every now and then; it may not be enough, but atleast it's something.

But what really bugs the hell out of me is why is it that we can only upgrade one type of equipment at a time, one survivor at a time, or one building at a time? Makes absolutely no sense to me why we can't upgrade multiple things at a time except for them wanting us to spend gold/$$.
    Lynz4tex
    Jazz said:

Agreed, the time and cost is ridiculously high for equipments. But since they started doing weekend events, I'm sure they'll do another 5s equipment upgrade event every now and then; it may not be enough, but atleast it's something.

But what really bugs the hell out of me is why is it that we can only upgrade one type of equipment at a time, one survivor at a time, or one building at a time? Makes absolutely no sense to me why we can't upgrade multiple things at a time except for them wanting us to spend gold/$$.

@Jazz Yes that really bugs me too. And was thinking the exact same thing about only being able to upgrade one at a time. Feels like walking in mud, takes too long to get anywhere. But again I just thought it was my impatience. Thanks for sharing. I know they have to earn $$$ for the game but I kinda feel it's a way to get our $$$ for gold because they know how aggravating it is for many to have to wait sometimes a day and a half for something to upgrade.

This discussion has been closed.