Where's Carl?

So I finally got Carl to pick up the radio calls and unlocked him today. So how does his hero trait actually work? I was trying him out and didn't really understand. I know it might not always get activated, but what events precipitate its activation? Like how Negans survival instinct doesn't work until in the red. Does he have to be the leader for it to work on himself, like Governor? Is he useful in the distance or just better in general for difficult missions?

Comments

• ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 779
    No he does not have to be the leader for his trait to work on himself. Governer is the only hero like that.

And with his leader trait, you have a xx% chance to survive the first lethal hit against your survivor. So, if there’s a hit on one of your survivors, said survivor does not dodge the attack, and if that attack is going to kill you, you have a xx% chance to survive and live to fight another day. But if that same survivor experiences a second lethal hit in that same match, his trait will not activate and that survivor wil die.

He is a good shooter but you can find better. He’s best used in the distance as opposed to late in the challenges.

One thing I don’t know... maybe @kaz or one of the other members can answer... if Carl’s trait activates for one survivor in a distance mission, will it still activate for that same survivor in a later distance mission? I don’t see why not.
    SPC_TORRES
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 2,017
    I see Carl in out post a lot
    His trait will work on everyone if he is leader or just him in any other slot
    When it works “Second Chance “ will pop up

Would have to be a lethal hit
    SCBMA
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 680
    > And with his leader trait, you have a xx% chance to survive the first lethal hit against your survivor. So, if there’s a hit on one of your survivors, said survivor does not dodge the attack, and if that attack is going to kill you, you have a xx% chance to survive and live to fight another day. But if that same survivor experiences a second lethal hit in that same match, his trait will not activate and that survivor wil die.

I think Carl’s trait works not only for the first lethal attack. As in the trait can activate 2,3 times so long it’s within the same turn.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/241242#Comment_241242
    ekimhclew
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 281
    From personal experience, I can attest that Carl's trait, when triggered, works for the duration of the turn. That means you can actually survive multiple "lethal" hits from walkers or raiders, which is what makes him so useful in outposts as a defender. It basically nullifies an entire turn of attacks from the raiders.
    SCBMAekimhclewWalkerRon
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,938
    Although technically it is the same as negans as you can't take a lethal hit whilst in the green.
  • Michonor23Michonor23 Member Posts: 69
    Thanks all!