1.6.4 Released, New Challenge Events - Discussion Thread

Comments

• ishish Member Posts: 72
    Why skipping lvl19 missions ??? Its like 18 will be easy 20 probably to hard. 19s would be where the fun is as they would be hard but possibly doable! Makes no sense :/
    Not many low lvls skipped means you will have to work much harder. For people with normal lives like work and kids, to reach their max they will need to buy gas....
    - ish
    TRINITY
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    I am not a fan of this idea.

First, the 1 day break was nice. 1 hour is not enough of a break between challenges. Perhaps going 12 between would be better.

Secondly, are the stars from each challenge combined for a weekly score? It takes me the whole week to get to what was the 162 reward (now 180). If the stars aren't combined
    Meh.....comment posted too early. Stupid phone

If the stars aren't combined, most of us won't able to reach the higher tiers and better rewards. However, our teams continue to get stronger, and we need the higher gear rewards that come from higher tiers.

New maps and lower gas costs are good. However, I would prefer keeping one weekly challenge at the higher gas price and put the new maps into rotation than go with this plan.
    Also, no mention of guild rewards. Are we still getting those? If not, what is the point of being in a guild? If only our scores count towards our rewards, we might as well disband all guilds and all play solo.

Seriously, I don't think you guys thought this all the way through.
  • ZeenaZeena Member Posts: 126
    I'm confused. So before I could earn 150 stars with my level 12 survivors. Now it's seems that I will have to fight higher level zombies just to get the same amount of stars because the recommended level is much higher now. Am I wrong?
    null
    You are right. You have to fight higher level zombies to get the same number of stars. You also have to get more stars to get the same level rewards. That 162 star reward now costs 180. Instead of having a week to get them, you now hace 3 and 4 days.

We have lives other than playing this game. I don't think the developers grok that.
  • RustyOrcRustyOrc Member Posts: 51
    I just realized my phone updated to v1.6.4 by itself while I was sleeping.
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose Moderator Posts: 794
    edited February 2016
    So many complaints and we haven't even played it yet! :neutral:
    Shut_UpTeeceezyNate
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    One of the worst changes ever to guild challenges. Really thought there would be longitivtiy to this game especially for those of us who started to play since the beginning. Now we are getting brainless and repetitive grinding which is taking away from the excitement and thrills of the game.

I remember the time that I couldnt wait to log in and train through guild challenges so that I can try to tackle through the nightmare episodes to rescue survivors worth rescuing. Those little incentives were crucial for many of us, but now I feel like we are heading towards a downward slope towards the wrong path.
    Lynz4tex
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    edited February 2016
    The new challenge setup looks horrible on paper.
    @Teeceezy does star count reset every challenge or once a week?
    If its once a week, then there may be hope at a fun challenge week.

Do rewards still suck? <--this the the main problem. Fixing the reward quality will quell most complaints. Seriously... Easy fix to make people happy.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
    thebluebox
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146

So many complaints and we haven't even played it yet! :neutral:

Doesn't take playing it to work out 42 extra pointless lower level mission is not a good thing, the community has been asking for the exact opposite.

• PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    @stuffnthangs I refer back to my previous post earlier in the discussion.
    My whole point is that I'm going to play it first before I start picking it apart.
    Nathaniel
  • XiaoXiao Member Posts: 47
    i thought the main problem is reward quality , too many complain about it , that why many members lacks motive to earn stars , because the reward is sucks
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 533
    Maybe this update will get more activity in mediocre guilds, like mine. If not, I'm going going to be dumping the chaff! I finished all the episodes up to this point, and killed a freeman. He he! A close walker started to eat him instead of coming after my guys! The freemen are a little tough to put down.
  • ishish Member Posts: 72

My whole point is that I'm going to play it first before I start picking it apart.

We play this game for a while. We know what this change means. And it means nothing good
    - ish
    TRINITY
    hottexas
    edited February 2016
    Thank you, but I'm no noob been playing since the day it dropped on android.
    hottexas
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    "Reward tiers will be modified."
    i think this means milestone rewards for personal and guild star counts will be modified to a more sensible number. it could be half of what it used to be or lower.. before you can get your first reward at 12 stars, now maybe 6 stars or fewer only.. get what i mean? so, let's not jump into conclusions and just wait for the challenge.. then we can react once we saw what really changed..

Cherokee_Rose
    gas requirement decrease but difficulty increase, and so as star counts. with difficulty increased, i think the star counts will be harder to achieved, and star count also increased? you just made it more harder to achieve guild and personal rewards even with gas cost decreased..

thebluebox

People wanted to get rid of more of the useless low level missions. They got their wish. Let's see if we still get a rare gear at personal and guild reward tiers. A gold ticket for personal/guild thresholds, I bet will be worthwhile. Y'all wanted better gold ticket results. Well maybe they are here, and they are a little harder to get, but imo they should be, so raise the reward thresholds is fine by me, if rewards can validate the increase in difficulty.

that's what im saying, we need to see it first before complaining. we dont know yet what changes they make on rewards and on other things not mentioned in details. After we see it, then we can react accordingly..

• DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    when @Teeceezy gets on the forums and answers my questions, we'll get a better idea of how the new challenges will be working to our advantage or disadvantage. :)
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
  • SierraSierra Member Posts: 71
    @Teeceezy

Is there a specific release time for the mandated update?
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    Not updating till I absolutely have to in the morning lmao, but I thought the same thing about the lower levels being pointless but players need to realize also that there are still new players that haven't reached the max levels the rest of us are at so they need to have the weaker levels for them to b able to play & try the challenges without getting smoked, I'd love it if the levels started around 14 or 15 even though they present no challenge till about 18 or so but always thinking about the little guy :)
    DreadLynz4tex
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    Will wait to play it for a bit before I decide on most of the changes.

If as many others have hoped, the personal/guild rewards have been tweaked to better match our highest survivor then I think most will be pleased. (Hopefully on higher missions we will get more Epic/Leg. that we can use instead of uncommon/rare lvl 17-20 gear that will remain un-useable for months that is just disappointing and frustrating.)

Also as has been mention, I am disappointed in is the lack of time between guilds. I was hoping for more time, not almost none. One hour, really?

Of course guild comptetiveness can be a big money maker for NG, and that is fine you guys are a business after all.

But I am sure even the SUPER DIEHARD BIG SPENDERS, like a little down time. To do other things in the game.

Yes, it is a personal decision, whether to concentrate on Guild Challenges or to enjoy other aspects of the game, but many of us are comptetivie and want to do right by ourselves and our guilds, but more time would be nice.

In addition, whether they are 5+, 3, or 4 day challenges, and even with 3 more maps being added soon, doing the same mission 15-20 times (maybe 12-15 now) gets tedious. Only to repeat the whole thing again a few weeks later.

That said, let's see what you got for us NGNMLTWD :)

Enjoy!

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    so, to get the personal reward of 240 you will need to beat lvl 21 walkers :(
    you will need at least 70*6 fuel = 70 hours all fuel used on a 72 hour challenge.

to get to the same tier 7 reward of 210 stars old system you needed 55*6 fuel in 144 hours.
This discussion has been closed.