1.6.4 Released, New Challenge Events - Discussion Thread

Comments

• woodstockwoodstock Member Posts: 200
    @Teeceezy

First thank you and your colleagues for your hard work on the new challenges! I look forward to give it a try.

After reading the other posts, I also did some calculations about the 71 hour weekday challenge. Even somebody who only sleeps 6 hours per night and plays all day, can only use about 360 gas in the given time. Even with reward gas, it will be impossible to get much more than 240 stars if you don't buy additional gas for gold.

Are my calculations correct? Or will the stars of both challenges be added to a weekly sum?

If the stars are per challenge, it would mean that in future (when level 17+ survivors become available) the Tier 8+ rewards would only be accessible by spending enough gold for gas, correct? If yes, I wonder if this is intended or if you plan to revise the gas drop rates (hint, hint).
    Lynz4tex
  • ishish Member Posts: 72
    edited February 2016
    The way i see it you will need
    18+18+24+24+24+30+30+30+30+36+36+36 finish lvl 18 missions and get 216 stars

Thats 336 gas that you can get in 3360 minutes which is... 56 hours in 72h challenge.
    - ish
    TRINITY
    Lynz4tex
    edited February 2016
    So we have 16 hours in 3 days for sleep, work etc
    - ish
    TRINITY
  • CapletonCapleton Member Posts: 441
    You have to use gold for refills to stay competitive...simple as that. Up to now it was an option, now you need to ;)
    Moriturus te salutat

Found his home in Asylum
    Yeah, if you want to be a good guildie and max your stars you better pull your wallet out. Especially if you ever want to see a side mission again and level any equipment.

But hey, maybe we should play it first before we start complaining eh ? Because you know... math can change...
    - ish
    TRINITY
  • Weasel007Weasel007 Member Posts: 177
    @Capleton how do you figure? You will max out in no time just like anyone else with or without gold.
    edited February 2016
    Assuming there is no exploits to earn 50-60 stars u will be capping out at 35-40 max. And only using 7 gas at this point.
    Weasel007 said:

Assuming there is no exploits to earn 50-60 stars u will be capping out at 35-40 max. And only using 7 gas at this point.

If you can kill lvl20s (because for some unknown reason they skipped lvl19) and want to do 39 stars on each map you will need 63h worth of gas on 72h challenge
    - ish
    TRINITY
  • CapletonCapleton Member Posts: 441
    @Weasel007 I am not able to play all around the clock. To max out on stars twice a week I will have to buy refills.

And I am glad if I I'd be wrong. Will test it the next days ;)
    Moriturus te salutat

Found his home in Asylum
    Yes let's give it a chance and see
    Oh it gets even worse with 7 missions. Its now 65h out of 72h to max... 7 hours sleep and work in 3 days boys. Or pay to win. Phenomenal change!!
    - ish
    TRINITY
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited February 2016
    I don't like that when you take away all a human raider's health and start them bleeding that doesn't count towards the critical attack charge points. My damage on my shooters is around 1050-1100 and I only get 150 points of damage first shot, the raider still covers significant ground, then you have to kill him again and you only get one critical attack charge point for that.
    Jenny
    This is horrible what a joke
    [Deleted User]
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I'll just carry on playing when I feel like it and not playing when I don't.

It's only a fecking game, after all. ;)
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Lynz4tex
  • KaneKane Member Posts: 10
    Why can a level 3 bruiser stun my level 16 warrior and my bruiser can't stun a walker every time?
    Putchuco
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Bland maps with a lot of reused assets from the story and other maps.

All most of the concerns in this thread have come to fruition.
    Lvl 13 green armour as rewards. breathtaking
    - ish
    TRINITY
    BigOleTDs
    On the top deadly i finished without being touched. And i got only 2 stars. didnt get no struggle one because the npc human got into struggle.. eh??????
    - ish
    TRINITY
  • drkuhardrkuhar Member Posts: 144
    edited February 2016
    I got the same computer human got in a struggle and I got docked for it. Why would my enemy getting attacked dock me. I can't control them. Also I got a level 1, 4 star jacket as a bonus.
    My lowest person is a 13 so junk bonus
    [Deleted User]
  • ZKillerDKZKillerDK Member Posts: 41
    @Teeceezy

Is it a glitch that Enemy raiders, regardless of lvl 3, 5 or higher, can't be killed with one Critical hit from a lvl 15 hunter or Shooter???
    Lvl 3 Enemy raiders only have like under 100 def??
    They're bleeding and have 1 def left??
    They all require 2 shots??
    This is stupid in my opinion :((
    SistersOfDaryl_GagaLynz4tex
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,534
    ZKillerDK said:

@Teeceezy

Is it a glitch that Enemy raiders, regardless of lvl 3, 5 or higher, can't be killed with one Critical hit from a lvl 15 hunter or Shooter???

Lvl 3 Enemy raiders only have like under 100 def??

They're bleeding and have 1 def left??

They all require 2 shots??

This is stupid in my opinion :((

@ZKillerDK, not a glitch, remember they introduced bleeding? It looks like bleeding was so that humans would be hard to kill.
  • good:
    human enemies are a very good new feature. Should die in one shot if totally outnumbered - I agree with @ZKillerDK
    the new maps are interesting and quite challenging

bad:
    rewards (personal and guild) seem to be worse than before
    no gas reward after missions
    still totally useless weapons in early stages
    the ranking is still a result of bug using - why isn't it fixed?

still thinking:
    7 missions are too many maybe, give the enthusiasts more free time and reduce to 5
    2 deadly missions?? come on, my hunters cost like 10.000 gold. Insurance feature would be appreciated... ;-)
    Lynz4texKildorZeenakussi
    The enemy raiders can bleed all they want, but it's illogical that the lower levels can't be killed with 1 shot.
    Lynz4texKildor
    A little off the topic:
    What is the highest level a survivor can be upgraded these days?
  • Lynz4texLynz4tex Member Posts: 76
    @drkuhar OMG!!! That armor sucks a$$. Think they might need to go back to the drawing board on this one. :s
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    @ZKillerDK the highest a survivor can be upgrade at the moment is lvl 16.

However, some players have higher lvl survivors because they did some Ep. missions on Nightmare mode, which rewarded them with a higher lvl survivor. 18 is what I heard, but I recall reading someone said they had a 20 (Or maybe the 20 was the max lvl said survivor could go up to.)

@drkuhar was that armor from a chest/ticket or from a Challenge guild/personal tier reward. If it was from a low level chest/ticket that seems right. I got lvl 1 uncommon.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • ProfessorProfessor Member Posts: 4
    They need to wait until they get one thing right (rewards and videos) before they add a super buggy upgrade. I would rather wait and have it right then the crap they served up this time. And come on man, give us some instructions on Raiders.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    I'm surprised we aren't getting XP for killing raiders. Look at Carol remember the first season getting beaten by Ed. Now she can sneak up on people and put her trench knife right into the side of their head!

It's not that big of a deal to me as I farm deadly missions constantly and it keeps my XP near the max and I've been training for almost the last 7 days.
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    Well, I tried it. It was everything I thought it would be. I HATE IT. As a matter of fact, 17/20 of my guild members HATE it. 17/20 guild members are changing their Google rating to 1 *. The other 3 haven't tried it yet, so they haven't formed an opinion yet.

One example: a guild mate with level 15 hunters got severely injured on a level 5 mission. The level 15 hunters could not kill level 6 humans in one shot. There is something severely wrong with this. The humans are over powered for their levels.
    hottexasblackiguana
  • ZeenaZeena Member Posts: 126
    Seems like they are trying to slow us down so that everything takes more effort and less reward.
This discussion has been closed.