Challenge Balance Test - Let's make this together!

Comments

• tjhookrtjhookr Member Posts: 32
    and it did not end early for me I only did 1633 but I had a busy weekend so I couldn't finish it
    BWils
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,057
    @tjhookr that then removes some of the fun levels and leaves the boring easy ones....
    crambert_nec
  • LucasMcCainLucasMcCain Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2018
    So you want to give time back to the end game high achievers? Removing rounds that are NOT even a small blip, is not giving significant time back. I have lvl 24, 6* heroes, and round 27 is still a "one-shot" round for me without good badges or equipment.

The question that's stymied NG, "how do we get players to spend gold and buy more gold"? The answer is to increase the rewards. So, go to 2 rounds per level at high level, BUT, increase the rewards by at least 1.5x. Bring something new, maybe a guaranteed gold badge fragment for completing each level above a level you pick. I wouldn't think much gold is spent healing bruises. Give a reason (better rewards) for people to spend on the "go into struggle" rounds.
    TCBRITOFirekidDrhoo
  • ConstrumConstrum Member Posts: 4
    I feel the difficulty should be lowered back to where it was before. I am a lvl 70 player who has topped out most of my gear and I can barely get to 1000 stars now. This isn't making the game more fun but rather making it frustrating with less rewards.
    TCBRITOJayZDrhoocrambert_necBodKarajocabigbeanoLarge
  • BodBod Member Posts: 54
    How are we going to cope if things go back as it was GW Distance has already consume my weekend without playing the challenge
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,323
    I think examples like this show how the challenge setup actually hurts players in the long run. If you only have enough gas to play the challenge between Wednesday - Monday, therefore don't play the distance for badge components and don't have gas for outposts so rely on the challenge to buy your tokens eventually you will hit a wall.

A level 70 player who has made reasonable investments into survivors should have 7/8* survivors who won't even start to see body shots until RSL30/31. Even with just getting the green badges from the distance, maybe completing as far as mission 15, you should have solid sets of badges for your main guys and be able to comfortably get 1000*.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    JayZbigbeanoBWilsKilldozer187_
  • sicronsicron Member Posts: 73
    @crambert_nec I had my lowest score in a while also. Not only because of the time needed to play GW but also because if I played the challenge I was risking injuring survivors I needed for GW. It's not the easiest thing to gather half your guild at an exact time so I had to have my survivors ready, therefore no challenge played. Also, I would like to see a reward after each battle.
    xiaofei66
  • FahqbendoverFahqbendover Member Posts: 284
    Speaking from a little guy I’m
    Not liking the double rounds rather than triple from difficulty 27 maybe the maxed players can start playing their harder levels sooner meanwhile getting your 3 rounds in but for the little guy game stops being fun much quicker and I don’t find any fun in scavenging
    romeobigbeanoDrhoo
  • J_LawJ_Law Member Posts: 125
    edited December 2018
    Are we going back to normal soon with triple rounds? Do the 30 gas for 1k each restock and let us play, please!!!
    TCBRITOJayZalnodDrhooanthony172Renopwns
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 484
    Speaking of adjusted rewards I'm sure that the radios used to be at 19200.
    New personal best for RSL! 36.1 and a whole extra round pass. Now watch them make some change that makes it impossible for me to 3 star all my double rounds. @Kaz any tweaks being made to the next challenge?
    Danski_46SPC_TORRES
    Pb for me too, rsl 37 :smiley:
    romeo
  • KazKaz Community Manager Posts: 1,423
    Firekid said:

New personal best for RSL! 36.1 and a whole extra round pass. Now watch them make some change that makes it impossible for me to 3 star all my double rounds. @Kaz any tweaks being made to the next challenge?

Not yet, maybe after the third Guild Wars battle! But I'll announce it beforehand, don't worry!
    Danski_46romeoFirekidBWils
    Thanks for the response! Good to know although bruisers doing 50% more damage isn't a great class bonus I'll try and make it work :smile:
    KazDanski_46
    > @Firekid said:
    > Thanks for the response! Good to know although bruisers doing 50% more damage isn't a great class bonus I'll try and make it work :smile:

50% health bonus would be more like it!
    romeoFirekidKazbladgier
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 444
    More damage could mean %% more chance to STUN ?
    tabernac
    @Kaz you seeing @Danski_46 idea? That's a great one!
    Danski_46
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 213
    > @romeo said:
    > More damage could mean %% more chance to STUN ?

No.
    romeo
  • J_LawJ_Law Member Posts: 125
    Please go back to old during the non war weekends
    TCBRITOJayZOzzy99tdiddySCBMA
  • FahqbendoverFahqbendover Member Posts: 284
    Game
    Is definitely over for me way too soon on the plus side I’m
    Not buying a refill anymore, sadly because of my level I can’t compete in guild wars after 3rd stage, so that’s over too soon for me too and I can’t 100% complete the distance so NG how will you be keeping us mid level players playing the game too? It just seems that you’re only thinking on the end gamers that can complete everything and spend the time on it what about the rest of us?
    romeoTCBRITOSCBMARenopwnsdonald6283kookaburra