Optimal use of tokens?

Hi guys, new player here. I have been doing a lot of reading on the forums. One thing I am not sure of.

What is the optimal use of tokens? Should you wait till you get a perfect 4 star survivor and try for the perfect 5th trait or do you take any 2 or 3 star and keep upgrading till you get the perfect 5 star? Or give up if you roll a bad trait at any point?

Also, what is the optimal use of trade goods? Tokens?

I appreciate any info, thanks in advance!

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    onesoul said:

Hi guys, new player here. I have been doing a lot of reading on the forums. One thing I am not sure of.

What is the optimal use of tokens? Should you wait till you get a perfect 4 star survivor and try for the perfect 5th trait...

That's your best chance & least costly way to try for a perfect survivor.

or do you take any 2 or 3 star and keep upgrading till you get the perfect 5 star? Or give up if you roll a bad trait at any point?

A more costly approach & less chance of finding a perfect survivor but it can happen.

Also, what is the optimal use of trade goods? Tokens?

I appreciate any info, thanks in advance!

The 8 class Tokens in Trade Shop is the best value but the 50 Class Token option is the fastest way to collect Class Tokens. I always buy all the 8 Class Tokens available & as many of the 50 for classes I'm trying to upgrade as possible.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    fearofthedarkShadowaceAzcaptainjrl
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,738
    Yeah 4* is probably the safest bet, it costs 730 tokens to see the 5th and you get about 400 back if it's a bad one so not too costly. If you're in any doubt you can always post a screenshot here of any potential survivors and normally someone will comment on whether it's worth a risk/investing in.

As I've gotten bored of outposts I normally just pick 2-3 classes and buy all I can for those. The TGs I get from the challenge normally covers this :smile: m
    imacharlieShadowaceAz
  • onesoulonesoul Member Posts: 82
    > @TJS said:
    > Hi guys, new player here. I have been doing a lot of reading on the forums. One thing I am not sure of.
    >
    >
    >
    > What is the optimal use of tokens? Should you wait till you get a perfect 4 star survivor and try for the perfect 5th trait...
    >
    > That's your best chance & least costly way to try for a perfect survivor.
    >
    > or do you take any 2 or 3 star and keep upgrading till you get the perfect 5 star? Or give up if you roll a bad trait at any point?
    >
    >
    >
    > A more costly approach & less chance of finding a perfect survivor but it can happen.
    >
    > Also, what is the optimal use of trade goods? Tokens?
    >
    >
    >
    > I appreciate any info, thanks in advance!
    >
    >
    > The 8 class Tokens in Trade Shop is the best value but the 50 Class Token option is the fastest way to collect Class Tokens. I always buy all the 8 Class Tokens available & as many of the 50 for classes I'm trying to upgrade as possible.

Thank you!
    TJS
  • onesoulonesoul Member Posts: 82
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > Yeah 4* is probably the safest bet, it costs 730 tokens to see the 5th and you get about 400 back if it's a bad one so not too costly. If you're in any doubt you can always post a screenshot here of any potential survivors and normally someone will comment on whether it's worth a risk/investing in.
    >
    > As I've gotten bored of outposts I normally just pick 2-3 classes and buy all I can for those. The TGs I get from the challenge normally covers this :smile: m

Thanks. I have a few to post for review. I will have to keep track to see how many TGs i get from the challenge. Thanks
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 775
    edited November 2018
    I personally like buying legendary weapons in the TG shop as well, if you still need a good weapon at your current level

Edit grammer