Freemen turning into walkers

CarlyCarly Member Posts: 1,889
Not sure if this idea has been made...

What if the freemen could turn into walkers?

As it is now, when freemen struggle against walkers and eventually turn into walker chow, we get a countdown timer showing how many moves until walker finishes lunch. We can either let the walkers finish dining, kill walker/freemen while in struggle, or kill walker as it feeds on freemen. 

But, what if the walker stops feeding because the freemen has turned into a walker? So when counter hits -0-, the freemen becomes a walker. Even on the tv show, this has happened where the walkers will stop feeding cause the victim has turned.

And the new freemen walker would be slightly stronger and offer more xp because they would be "fresh" and not as decayed. 

And the only way to prevent the freemen from turning would be to kill them while in struggle, or kill the walker before it finishes feeding on their body. 

This idea only for freemen, not for survivors.  Since survivors end up in hospital after a struggle.

My peanut butter chocolate cake with Kool-Aid
Leader of Badger Hounds
100% F2P
MyYouTubeChannel
SCBMAsbfATLAS-ZTCBRITOShadowaceAzArtminiusMichonor23general2673bigbeanoLieutenantMarsh

Comments

• JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,825
    It's a cool idea but I still hope they won't implement it.

I am glad once the Freemen are down and I have time to try and kill that walker. I certainly don't want to be facing two all of a sudden if I didn't make it in time because the walker was so tough - especially not another one that will be tough to kill, too. :sweat_smile:
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    sbfJenngbigbeano
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 204
    Love it!
    I'd subtly shift it:
    First turn after walker stops eating, the freeman gets a red circle but does not act.
    Subsequent turn, the new Z rises and can attack adjacent non-Z (player characters or other freeman). This new Z is (as you brilliantly suggest) is full 'health'. However, it has no more class (weapons are dropped). It does, though, have ONLY the armor value, as raw hit points, of the armor it was wearing (it's unable to benefit from armor traits).

Bonus awesome: in Distance, your rules (with maybe my tweaks) apply to player characters. Why not? Sasha, the queen of Hard Distance, had to be put down in the show!

Very, very exciting ideas, @Carly ! :-D
    CarlyTCBRITO
  • CarlyCarly Member Posts: 1,889
    Interesting ideas too @Artminius

I thought it would make it more like the show with the turning after being bit, and also add a bit of a heart-pounding moment when seeing the freemen turn.

And having to decide if you kill them while in struggle, run away and use struggle time to reach objectives/exit, or kill after struggle.
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
    Artminius
    I totally get it!
    One question: Does the 'human' (freeman or player character) have to be gnawed on by a Z to activate this effect?
    Put another way: we're not following the show that 'all dead will rise because of the virus or whatever'?
    Yea, would only be if lose the struggle with a walker.

If your survivor kills a freemen, it wouldn't turn since their death by our survivors is from a shot/whack/stab to the head.
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
    Artminius
    Elegant.
    Also, one cannot farm freeman by waiting for it to turn (Zs don't pay as much as Fs).
    Having thought about it, I'd reduce my idea for rise time by a turn: first turn is adjacent attack. Subsequent turns as normal. Totally fits with the show: new Z attacks former friend standing over them.
    Agree, it would not be easy to use as a farming technique because walkers sometimes go after our own survivors instead of the freemen, haha!

But, it could be possible during early rounds of challenges where the difficulty isn't too high.

I farm on early rounds, but later rounds I just want to complete the objective and get out.
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
  • general2673general2673 Member Posts: 39
    Carly said:

Not sure if this idea has been made...

What if the freemen could turn into walkers?

As it is now, when freemen struggle against walkers and eventually turn into walker chow, we get a countdown timer showing how many moves until walker finishes lunch. We can either let the walkers finish dining, kill walker/freemen while in struggle, or kill walker as it feeds on freemen. 

But, what if the walker stops feeding because the freemen has turned into a walker? So when counter hits -0-, the freemen becomes a walker. Even on the tv show, this has happened where the walkers will stop feeding cause the victim has turned.

And the new freemen walker would be slightly stronger and offer more xp because they would be "fresh" and not as decayed. 

And the only way to prevent the freemen from turning would be to kill them while in struggle, or kill the walker before it finishes feeding on their body. 

This idea only for freemen, not for survivors.  Since survivors end up in hospital after a struggle.

While creative it takes anywhere from minutes to hours for a walker to turn so at best i could fet behind a random chance. I honestly dont enjoy facing freemen of similar or worse higher level. The walkers riding my tail in those levels doesnt allow me to take it easy. I wouldnt enjoy facing walkers to the front and rear while in the middle with a bumnch of freemen.

A modified suggestion based on your line of thought. A reward for “mercy killing”the freemen taken into struggle. You could leave them to be chow for 3turns or get a reward of some kind for stopping to help out ur fellow man. After all as rick said

“There are no *****anymore. Theres just white meat and dark meat. Thats us and the dead.”
    fear those whom are conquered for they are they are a most deadly enemy - hidden in plain sight
  • Nojby_CZ88Nojby_CZ88 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2018
    In tv show are all humans already infected, so dead freemans should turn into a regular armored walkers every time. When killed by player ( weapon) turn in walker in (i dont know) 5-6 turns after chewing, when by other walkers in 2-3 turns after chewing.
  • general2673general2673 Member Posts: 39
    > @Nojby_CZ88 said:
    > In tv show are all humans already infected, so dead freemans should turn into a regular armored walkers every time. When killed by player ( weapon) turn in walker in (i dont know) 5-6 turns after chewing, when by other walkers in 2-3 turns after chewing.

I mean I like the thought. But with those times the players squad would be long gone before that timer hit zero.

If anything freemen in the general area should rush to mercy kill their pal and leave you alone for a turn maybe more if they fight the walkers having lunch
    fear those whom are conquered for they are they are a most deadly enemy - hidden in plain sight