Feedback thread - Faster Progression/Readjusted Rewards and next week's proposal

Comments

• DrhooDrhoo Member Posts: 133
    @Kaz, thanks for the answer, I appreciate it;)
    I probably didn't give the impression but I do like the game a lot.
    Been in several guilds and seen several players lose faith and quit the game though, there for I sincerely hope basic rules stay more permanent in future
    Kaz
  • solventsolvent Member Posts: 83
    I don't like this 'reducing the grind'.
    As a L70 player I need that grind for the resources to level up chars & gear.
    I vote not to have only two rounds before level 32.

I primarily focus only on the challenge now.
    My new personal high score was just over 1800 stars during the freemen chal, then >1600 the next week, but only >1300 on this last one with the crippled rounds.
    I engaged less with the game this week than almost ever - just too frustrating.

Using stars as the metric for progress/achievement in the game, it is disappointing to see the balancing make the possible stars available lower and lower and lower.

I vote for two challenge streams, like the distance, for those players who dont care about grinding for resources or for stars.

Good work, great game NG.
    Happy Hunting!
    1. >500K walkers
    2. >24.5K survivors
    3. because it was either them or me
    #BBG #1000000stars #killemall #happyhunting
    (can we have our in-game kill stats back soon pls?)
    tdiddyTCBRITOStalker20JenngKashJayZcrambert_necaaxt555Austin_ShiongBodTransmuteJun
  • AnaxAnax Member Posts: 1
    I have been playing long enough to get to L67 & bring > 50,000☆ to my guild.
    I finally registered at the NG forums just to post my opinion on the balancing changes to a game I love to play.

I don't enjoy or support reduced challenge rounds before 32 - I need all the rounds I can play every week to earn resources to level up my characters, their equipment & the buildings too.

I got to difficulty 31 this chal with 963☆, both new highs for me. But if i could have played the rounds that were missing, I would finally have broken 1000. Finally! Plus I missed all those extra kills, chests, personal & guild rewards...

Stars are also a measure of advancement - please don't reduce their availability to lower level players who are just doing the very best they can every week.

Thanks Next Games! Keep up the awesome gaming.
    tdiddycrambert_necbigbeanotjhookrJenngsolventSCBMAmarie1980aaxt555Bod
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    nothing wrong with people giving feedback no matter which side of the fence you're on... people need to relax to much hostility....
    SCBMAbigbeanoDrhooDodkongJenngTripodsolvent_Lily_Kasimir
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    I'm actually okay with removing triple rounds. That's the #1 reason why the entire challenge structure has been screwed up ever since they created the challenge 2.0. I think things would even out among all player levels if every difficulty level had the same amount of rounds. Though I'm no math whiz so I'm not sure if making every round a double round would actually help reduce the grind or if it would just add more grind on the lower end.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    tdiddyTroublemakerTCBRITOtabernacOzzy99solventAnaxBodKasimir
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,068
    edited December 2018
    Drhoo said:

@Jaden
    I don't have a problem, only another opinion :)
    I certainly don't hate high level players, why should I?
    I only stated that exactly LVL 27 to 32(playground/grinding ground of midlvl) were made substantially tougherand this for the 3rd time in less than a year
    My main concern was the constant changing the rules and the complete absence in bringing new things to the game..
    Weirdly enough, never got any reaction on this from NG
    Fyi, I'm lvl 70 player myself

I don't know why you should, but it seems you advocate against reducing the grind for high level players and I don't get it.

What exactly has been made tougher about levels 27 to 32? With the new razor trait, I find it easier than ever.

With guild wars coming, some changes need to be made.

Distance already posed a problem for players not on a booster and with only a limited amount of time. GW would only make it worse if there isn't some sort of change to the challenge mechanics.

Level 70 doesn't mean high level player in the sense I have been using it here. I know level 70 players who barely get around 800 to 900 stars a challenge. My highest was 1620 as a level 70 player. And that is still nothing. There are players who score 2k+ stars every week. Imagine the grind...

Now granted no one is forced to go that high. But many people like to challenge themselves. And challenge mode should be challenge mode because it challenges your skills, not your time, budget, and ability to ignore mind numbing grind.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    sbfcrambert_necTCBRITOWellyLugaTJStabernacJenng
    Scavenging is definitely the best way to get resources. Distance and even raiding (which I still don't enjoy much) are great, too, for different resources.

And while challenges give you a mix of what you might need, being able to play the other modes - which time and gas prohibits for many people at the moment - is actually vital for progression.

With challenge grind and costs reduced, people will be able to play other modes (including guild wars once it is released) - and they should.

From my own experience with my alt accounts I can tell you that if you only play challenges and a few maps of Distance every week (plus season missions), progress is very slow.

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    crambert_necand98TCBRITOWellyLugaTJStabernacJenng
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,252
    edited December 2018
    @crambert_nec This is why I gave up trying to defend the changes, honestly it's like banging your head against a wall. Gets you nowhere and you just end up with a headache. Some players don't understand that you get higher rewards from the other gamemodes. Per gas spent you get more XP/supplies from scavenges, more badge components/weapons/armour from the distance and more TG's from outposts. But some people only want to play challenges and nothing we say will change their outlook on that :lol:

Removing the 3rd round full stop is the change I would make if I had it all my own way but obviously I don't. I've never really understood why we needed 3 rounds per difficulty, once I've beaten one/two rounds at a particular difficulty I'm ready to move on and try the next.
    TCBRITOsicronJadenTJStabernacRookiellcrambert_necaquilaShadowWalkerADPaq
  • sicronsicron Member Posts: 105
    edited December 2018
    @WellyLuga I would prefer two rounds per level also. Furthermore, in UC you earn a round pass when you complete the first round of each level which is the easier. I would prefer having two rounds per level and getting the round pass after you completed the level.

Edit: Can we get an announcement saying that you can earn more rewards in the other gamemodes than in the challenge? Everyone should have the ability to express their opinion but they could also have the right information before doing so. Hell, I don't play the challenge for the rewards. I play the challenge for the challenge. The rewards are not in the reward crates.
    TCBRITOWellyLugaJadentabernaccrambert_nec
    edited December 2018
    >Jesus people, how many times do we have to spell it out? You're not losing out on resources.
    >Though I'm no math whiz

We can see that - let me walk you through it:
    Let's say there's 5 rounds i can easily play that've been balanced away.
    5 rounds times 6 maps each equals 30 maps.
    In this case, 30 times the number of walkers & freemen killed is a larger number than 0 times the number of walkers & freemen i could have killed. You see the difference now?

Similarily, 3 chests per map times 30 is 90 chests i didn't get to open. 90 is a bigger number than 0.
    I watch every ad offered, so that's 3 more chests each time.
    If there's gold or silver chests, I may spend the 25 or 15 to open 3 more chests.
    You see, 9 chests per map times 30 balanced maps could equal 270 missed chests.
    And 270 chests is a bigger number than 0 chests.
    Is this starting to make sense?

In an extreme example, i've opened 9 gold chests on a jackpot & received ~48K XP out of each one. Which were doubled, paying out >860,000XP.
    If you guessed that 860K XP is a bigger number than 0 XP, then you are starting to get the hang of it.

Happy hunting all!
    1. >500K walkers
    2. >24.5K survivors
    SCBMASPC_TORRESTCBRITODrhooJenngcrambert_necbigbeanoaaxt555KasimirADPaq
    edited December 2018
    solvent said:

>Jesus people, how many times do we have to spell it out? You're not losing out on resources.

>Though I'm no math whiz

We can see that - let me walk you through it:

Let's say there's 5 rounds i can easily play that've been balanced away.

5 rounds times 6 maps each equals 30 maps.

In this case, 30 times the number of walkers & freemen killed is a larger number than 0 times the number of walkers & freemen i could have killed. You see the difference now?

Similarily, 3 chests per map times 30 is 90 chests i didn't get to open. 90 is a bigger number than 0.

I watch every ad offered, so that's 3 more chests each time.

If there's gold or silver chests, I may spend the 25 or 15 to open 3 more chests.

You see, 9 chests per map times 30 balanced maps could equal 270 missed chests.

And 270 chests is a bigger number than 0 chests.

In an extreme example, i've opened 9 gold chests on a jackpot & received ~48K XP out of each one. Which were doubled, paying out >860,000XP.

If you guessed that 860K XP is a bigger number than 0 XP, then you are starting to get the hang of it.

Happy hunting all!

Well, then let me walk you through what you don't seem to see.

Let's say scavenge missions are also easy for you to play. And let's say 5 rounds times 6 maps have been balanced away. That's 30 maps at a gas cost of 5, same gas cost as the scavenge missions, that you save.

For the same amount of gas, you can play 30 scavenge maps. That will net you the same amount of crates to open (270 = 270) plus, for example, 13200 XP on a hard scavenge map at player level 70 with level 25 survivors.

Thats 396,000 XP more than 0.

(Guild and personal rewards have been adjusted so only the aftermission crates really count.)

Now I won't calculate every single XP for every single enemy (and there are no special walkers or Freemen in scavenge maps), but I doubt the difference would make up for the 396,000 XP you would miss out on in this case.

You might say: but I don't like scavenging. Fair point, I don't like it much, either - nor raiding. But here's the other thing you could do:

You could pick your favorite challenge map at the highest possible difficulty that you can easily win without getting any damage and replay that map 30 times. Or replay a whole set 5 times - as you know, you don't need to advance if you don't want to but can replay maps as long as the challenge is active if you so choose.

You see, except for the star number, which is reduced for everyone and which doesn't mean all that much as long as the rewards are the same, people don't actually need to lose out just because some rounds were cut.

sicronTJSSPC_TORREStabernacTCBRITOJenngcrambert_necjimmorrison369solventJayZKasimirADPaq
    @solvent Not losing resources comes from the fact that you can use the gas you saved from the challenge in other game modes. You can use the 120 gas you saved from not completing 5 rounds in the scavenge. That would award you the same number of crates and more experience.
    TJStabernacSPC_TORRESTCBRITOcrambert_nec
    @capibara I remember the community complaints back from my WoW times. Casual players wanted content they could play. They got it. Then hardcore players didn't have anything to do because it was so easy to clear. Then they added shitload of game difficulties so people from every range could play. But that means shitload of grind for someone who wants to complete everything. There is not an easy answer to that problem, if there is one at all. To make things even harder in finding a solution, this isn't a PC game, it's an app game with no subscription fee.
    capibaraJadenSPC_TORRES
  • RookiellRookiell Member Posts: 1
    Can we raise the gas level max too? Not just for challenges
  • Michonor23Michonor23 Member Posts: 69
    I love the extra gas (who would turn that down?) as it let me play both the distance and challenge. As someone who works the weekend, I don’t necessarily always have time to wait for my gas to replenish. That being said, it would be great if healing times were somehow reduced. I am a mid level player, so not all my hero’s/survivors are able to take on the later challenge rounds. As some have said, I usually stop playing when I struggle multiple times to even get one measly star. I’ll only tough it out if finishing that round will get me a round pass. Not having to wait over 2 hours for that highest level survivor to heal after a struggle would be great. (I know I can use gold but I’m like a dragon and hoard it — for radio calls I really want and jackpot days. Using gold for healing every time would bankrupt me)

I like the rewards from the challenge but the restructuring of them won’t really change my gameplay either way. My favorite part of the challenge is getting radios from guild rewards and getting hero tokens. It seems like getting hero tokens is harder now at the lower levels as they are just token rewards.
    Stalker20crambert_necTCBRITOJenng
    Hey @solvent, you're an idiot. My next 3 sentences after the 2 you quoted perfectly spell out exactly how you're not missing out on resources. Here they are again because like I'm no math whiz, it seems like you're no reading whiz:

"You have the same amount of time and gas as you always do. If the reduction in challenge grind makes you finish the challenge sooner than normal, you still have all that time and gas to use in other game modes to find those resources. Hell, the scavenge modes will give you more XP and supplies than the challenge will anyway so this should help you progress even faster!"

TJStabernacsolventAnaxbigbeanonaterator_WTAtdiddycapibaraKasimirADPaqSCBMA
    Thank you @Jaden for spelling it out far more eloquently than I can. I just don't have the patience anymore lol.

@WellyLuga agreed. The first and second rounds per difficulty level are pretty much the same anyway. The third round is usually far more difficult: less turns per spawn, starts with higher threat counter, more/harder enemies. They should get rid of the middle round and just use the first and third from what they have now.
    TCBRITOStalker20TJStabernacand98solventAnaxbigbeanonaterator_WTAOzzy99ADPaq
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 7,151
    ...meh
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. LINE ID: capyrodent - My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    TJSSCBMAsolventbigbeano
    Thank you, most of you, for taking the time to talk about where players can get resources outside of the challenge.

But I haven't changed my position.

The challenge is where I want to spend the bulk of my time and gas in the game for now.
    That's why I'm sticking my neck out for a sec to have my voice counted during this transitional period.

There have been several core changes to the gameplay over the years that I thought have been, uh, not the best choice imo.
    (rant on historical issues dutifully repressed...)
    But like elections: you can't really bitch about it if you don't even vote.
    This is my vote.

The Guild, star-count & leaderboards are where the social aspect of the game come into play for me:
    I look at the leaderboards and bamm there's where my guild fits in this week, bamm there's where I fit in.
    The leaderboards also help the Guild to come together and rally, to strive ahead to move up one more spot...

I support three rounds of play throughout, so that we can all get the resources we need
    while contributing to our Guild's and to our own leaderboard standing.

Stay Human, Killers!
    1. >500K walkers
    2. >24.5K survivors
    tdiddySCBMAJadenJenngcrambert_necWellyLugaaaxt555tjhookrTCBRITOcapibaraKasimir
  • DraketernalDraketernal Member Posts: 1
    I'm newish but I used to run in RTS in one of the top factions. I dig the game thus far, and hope to continue with such an interest. The extra gas is always a great option, as would free gas at points in time to allow for maximum enjoyment. The challenges are a bit of a pickle ATM as I'm only council level 12, but so far all seems well. Only issue is gear upgrades, as by the time you get something ready it's already about time to equip your higher level gear (not upgraded) to keep up. Tyvm for having an ear, sorry if I was on/off topic ;)
    JenngSCBMASPC_TORREScapibara
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,442
    @Draketernal

Some of the bestest advice I received was to wait on upgrading gear until you’re survivors are level 20 ish. Focus on upgrading your camp ( council, training tent, equipment tent, storages, etc) evenly, but rolling with non upgraded gear until you level up is fine. It goes fast.

And welcome to the forum!
    TCBRITOSCBMASPC_TORRESbigbeanoDraketernalGovernatorcapibaraKasimir
    Capi, that historic screenshot post was pure gold.
    Movado leading the pack @350 is somehow sweet beyond words...
    it was a simpler time.
    ah nostalgia.
    Happy Hunting!
    1. >500K walkers
    2. >24.5K survivors
    JenngSCBMASPC_TORREStdiddycapibaraTCBRITO
    @solvent and @Anax did you two really go through all my comments on every thread and just disagree with them, even comments that aren't even disagreeable, because I hurt your feelings with my opinions on reducing challenge grind? Jesus. Grow up. @Kaz I thought we were over this crap on the forum?
    Kaz
    @crambert_nec Just checking in to say that i like your videos!
    crambert_nec