Feedback thread - Faster Progression/Readjusted Rewards and next week's proposal

Comments

• capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,443
    solvent said:

Capi, that historic screenshot post was pure gold.
    Movado leading the pack @350 is somehow sweet beyond words..
    it was a simpler time.
    ah nostalgia.
    Happy Hunting!

Yep. Quite early. It could have been january/march 2016 :)
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    romeoSCBMAJaden
  • tjhookrtjhookr Member Posts: 32
    solvent said:

I support three rounds of play throughout, so that we can all get the resources we need
    while contributing to our Guild's and to our own leaderboard standing.

you could contribute better after some scavenge farming distance-ing and lvling your council
    it is like eating the unripened tomatoes every week instead of waiting for them to grow and have a big harvest
    you would help your guild more in the long run, instead of quick but small results
    TCBRITOcrambert_nec
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,109
    tjhookr said:

solvent said:

I support three rounds of play throughout, so that we can all get the resources we need
    while contributing to our Guild's and to our own leaderboard standing.

you could contribute better after some scavenge farming distance-ing and lvling your council
    it is like eating the unripened tomatoes every week instead of waiting for them to grow and have a big harvest
    you would help your guild more in the long run, instead of quick but small results

How does a player level 70 level ones Council?
    tdiddy
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 638

@solvent and @Anax did you two really go through all my comments on every thread and just disagree with them, even comments that aren't even disagreeable, because I hurt your feelings with my opinions on reducing challenge grind? Jesus. Grow up. @Kaz I thought we were over this crap on the forum?

Stay classy @solvent and @Anax.

Maybe they'll grow out of it... When is your 5th birthday again?
    crambert_necbigbeano
    edited December 2018
    SCBMA said:

How does a player level 70 level ones Council?

I don't think that lvl70s are complaining, but if they do they should finish the distance and get good epic badges and believe me they won't complain that there is too few challenge missions to complete ...
    crambert_nec
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,109
    @tjhookr
    You quoted Solvent and then responded. He is a level 70 player. I too am a level 70 player. I complete the Distance but I don’t craft epic badges, only legendary. Thanks for the tip though. ;)

What does all of that have to do with one’s vote on whether or not they want triple challenge rounds?
    1Ristdiddy
    sorry I mixed it up a bit, he was referring to leveling up survivors, so he could lvl up the survivors faster by doing the xp scavenge missions

the connection is that he wants more rounds to have more resources that is the argument that I cannot accept, as challenge is not the fastest way to get xp, maybe a bit more fun, but it is not fun for us that finish it at rsl 36-37, and have to grind the easy 27-30, I can't even imagine how many hour someone should sink in the game to get to 3000 stars or more

I am also for eliminating the triple rounds completely
    TCBRITOcrambert_nec
  • naterator_WTAnaterator_WTA Member Posts: 22
    +1 for NO TRIPLE ROUNDS at all!!! No complaining about when they do or do not start! Reduces grind significantly! Quite frankly, I'm not playing challenge for the rewards, so balance however you like. I just want to go HIGH rsl FAST!
    Watch Tower Alliance Cabinet - WT ???
    tabernacTCBRITOcrambert_nec
  • GhostdanceGhostdance Member Posts: 22
    Very happy with current format so thanks for making these tweaks....would be even happier if you dropped the triple rounds completely. For the players that feel they need to use the challenge as their main supply of resources I would make the round pass system optional so a player can grind merrily away and bank his round passes to use on a week when they have less time to play. Of course the number of banked round passes they choose to use is up to the individual player.
    Apologies as off topic but please can you drop the low level components in the distance hard mode and swap for something else....legendary components would be very welcome on one of the last couple of levels!
    TCBRITO
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,316
    @SCBMA Genuinely curious when I'm asking this, what do you mean when you say you "don’t craft epic badges, only legendary"? Do you just not bother with anything lower than legendary and have amassed a huge stash of every other rarity fragment and component?
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,316
    Jeeeez. I hope your current badge inventory is solid already! Epic badges never hurt anyone lol

I just have so many left over components from running Distance every time that I'm able to do all the trade-ins during that event while still crafting badges as I go. Do you keep everything rare and below to trade in as well? I just feel like you don't get that many restocks during the weekend of that event to be able to unload all or most of that stuff anyway.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,122
    That's amazing @scbma wish I had your willpower! You've got 7 leg frags there plus however many you can get with your components. i have 5 epics and have been torn if I should trade up or take my chances...
    SCBMA
  • SleeperyJeemSleeperyJeem Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2018
    Last week the hunter event softened the blow quite a bit - I only lost one round (and also one round pass). I have a feeling it will not be so close this week, since warriors are a lot harder to do well with. Not as bad as bruisers, but still pretty bad because the warrior heroes aren’t great unless you go all in for melee.

Give the melee heroes their group bonuses regardless of damage type, and I would use them a lot more. As it is I generally go two scouts and an assault until round 17 or so, because it’s pretty fun to fly across maps and zero out respawn waves. Having warriors run far was nice, it gave me a chance to use Michonne who hardly ever gets taken out of the box.

TCBRITOtdiddy
  • SleeperyJeemSleeperyJeem Member Posts: 89
    Oh, I’m not saying they’re not fun sometimes, just that the hero bonuses are pretty awful unless you have a full team of geared melee. Bruisers on the other hand, I couldn’t disagree more with. In upper level maps they never get a stun, which makes them pretty useless. At least warriors have double attacks on charge which helps, especially if you have a reactive attack trait on overwatch.

TCBRITOcrambert_necDanski_46Bodbigbeano
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,016
    > @solvent said: I haven't changed my position.
    >
    > The challenge is where I want to spend the bulk of my time and gas in the game for now. <<<

~~~~~~~~~~~

Bro, that's ok. It's ok if you don't want to play other game modes.

Your first step is to recognize this is your choice. Your choice.

Your second step is to recognize that, IF a primary goal of yours is gaining resources... Of ANY KIND... AT ALL... It's a very very poor choice.

After you accept these facts to be true, then you'll understand what everyone is saying.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    WellyLugaTCBRITOGrady
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,016
    edited December 2018
    To everyone whining about low stars, ... Boohoo, stars aren't important.

To everyone slamming people who think stars are important... Can we blame them? NGs flaunts those Leaderboards up there, personal and guild, local and global, with huge numbers of... What were they? I can't remember? Oh yeah! Stars!

Until they take down those stupid Leaderboards droves of clueless masses will always be concerned with stars. Always.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    WellyLugaromeotjhookr
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 113
    as an experiment it is ok to try. but if this ends up in getting less and less stars while trying harder and harder spending more and more money for weapons bringing me to the same spot ( thats what it will end up with) on the challenge, then i am out.
    romeoTCBRITOBodJadencrambert_nec
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,122
    @Kasimir when you say same spot on the challenge you are talking about RSL yeah? Better weapons and badges should help you get to higher RSL and not having to do those extra rounds should give you time to grind away at then Sunday night
    crambert_nec
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,399
    edited December 2018

Oh, I’m not saying they’re not fun sometimes, just that the hero bonuses are pretty awful unless you have a full team of geared melee. Bruisers on the other hand, I couldn’t disagree more with. In upper level maps they never get a stun, which makes them pretty useless. At least warriors have double attacks on charge which helps, especially if you have a reactive attack trait on overwatch.

Would you say the same about Abe's leader trait? I mean everyone raves about him but his leader trait is pretty awful unless you have a full team of geared ranged. You could literally say that that about any hero trait, absolutely absurd.

@SleeperyJeem NG has taken huuuuuuge steps lately to even out the playing field between ranged vs. melee and I would say all classes are pretty much equal at this point in terms of usability. The razor trait made playing with warriors so much fun again. I use my bruiser on almost every map once I get to the high levels, no matter if the rest of my crew are ranged or melee.

Absolutely spot on. I would argue that the balance has shifted in favour of melee. I've always been a heavy melee user but they would often get put on the bench when the going got tough whereas now it's probably the other way around.

Forever Wild Walking B)
    BodTCBRITODanski_46crambert_nec
    @Firekid
    i have the best weapons. they are not free and getting the best badges... dont forget the hospital hours. my hospital is full now, have to wait many hours.
    sure, taking away the grind is ok but the holy parameter is the stars. its them you need to get all benefits.
    with tye same gameplay 3 weeks ago i made it through lvl. 35, last week i made 1st round 35 (with about 150 less stars), this week maybe 2 rounds at 34 (-250 stars)...
    @ATLAS-Z

yes. its all about stars. the whole game is relatet to stars. all the benefits relatet to stars. everybody at the end is hunting for... gueaa... stars, including mr and you and the others.
    bigbeanoBttlOpenercrambert_nec
  • sicronsicron Member Posts: 94
    @Kasimir If you go to the first page of this post, you will see that the rewards have been adjusted to the new star count. Would you be happy if your stars doubled but you couldn't reach the RSL you reach now? The RSL you reach each challenge has to do with the challenge maps also. And these last few weeks we have had some harder and some easier sets. The holy parameter in getting benefits is not the stars. You get stars by completing missions and rounds. Completing rounds is the holy parameter of getting rewards.
    TCBRITODodkongKasimirJadencrambert_nec