Feedback thread - Faster Progression/Readjusted Rewards and next week's proposal

1235»

Comments

• BodBod Member Posts: 100
    I rather hit a few levels higher than stopping at same level every week with more stars
    tjhookrTCBRITOJadencrambert_nec
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 587
    Im not seeing any changes with stars so far. Reached rsl 37.1 with 1.9K stars.
    TCBRITO
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 587
    hmmm cant recall how much i made before Terminus
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 117
    @sicron
    you get the benefits by reaching x stars.
    TCBRITO
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    So @Kaz, what about an announcement for the next challenge? Which surprises should we wait for? :)
  • flyingcowkingflyingcowking Member Posts: 369
    edited December 2018
    @CHEREUVS I dont understand what you are saying but i agree with your passion!
    Flatulent person
  • sicronsicron Member Posts: 98
    @Kasimir And the stars required to achieve those rewards have been lowered. As I said in my previous post, if you go to the first page of this thread you will see the new star requirements for the rewards.
    TCBRITOcrambert_nec
    So far the stars are reduced, ok. The reachable level is reduced ok, the benefits relatet to the level or stars are reduced, ok. Oh yeah, i forgot the gas flood, that i like, (i collectet 1400 gas on stock so far because of free gas and double xp).
    I know the most of you guys here in the chat are happy with that because you have other priorities. To me as advanced causual player its same same because my only parameter is the speed of the hospital.
    Dont misunderstand me, NGs attempt ro make things better is great and they cant make it perfect fitting to everybody. Unfortunately too less lowlevel players are in this chat so they cant be heard but there were quite a lot players between lvl 20 and 60 (around) in our guild who stopped because of the developing of the game (they reached a level in 2015!? then being thrown back by around 30%, then again after the last update. They told me « whats the point in investing so much time and cash in a game an then getting degraded back to start» its them i am writing for, not me. I can adapt to every decision.
    Fact is that the whole construction of the game is out of balance. Like a building that is getting too small and get extended here and there and everywhere... instead of maybe building a bigger house... or in that case throw all parameters over bord and think new.
    Like another chatter said last week: the best option is to seperate you professionals from us causual players. Every guild should chose their own targets... a bit like it is on the distance. I know i stand alone with my opinion but thats like it is.
    Maybe the professionals and math genious amogst you can play for pink stars and elite levels (that was a joke)
    🍺🍺🍺 skål
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,350
    But when people say things like "whats the point in investing so much time and cash in a game an then getting degraded back to start", it's a rather uninformed opinion. Let's say you were a player who was consistently getting to RSL 32 each week and then NG made some sort of change. If that change resulted in you being unable to play past RSL 26 each week, then yeah, a statement like that makes sense. But now look at the scenario we have here. Let's say you were that same player who consistently reached 32 every week and got on average X amount of stars. Then NG made a change where they eliminate some lower levels causing you to still reach 32 every week but only with, let's say, X minus 200 stars. In no way, shape, or form are you getting degraded back to start. Now let's also compare that to someone who consistently gets to RSL 38 each week and receives Y amount of stars. Guess what, with the same change, that player will end with Y minus 200 stars as well!

I know some players like the idea of two separate challenges, like a "grind" mode vs. an "elite" mode or something like that. I really don't think that would work out. Everyone is playing on the same leaderboard. That would make things too complex. The people wanting to reduce the grind are still very competitive players. So what happens when you have two players who have the skills to reach the same RSL. One is very busy with life and the other isn't. If there's two game modes, then the player with more free time can choose the grindy option while the other guy chooses the elite option. They both play to, let's say, RSL 40 but the player who chooses the grindy option has access to a superior amount of possible stars than the other guy, in no part due to a difference in skill. That would just make everything worse.

Plus now that the Guild Wars update notes have been released, you'll see we need less time on challenge to make up for the time spent in Guild Wars.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    Danski_46TCBRITOsicrontdiddy
    edited December 2018
    Thats why the elite and the rest should be seperated. Guild wars makes no sense to me for somel reasons. For other people who are bored it makes absolute sense playing it and of course they need their time and gas to play there. Nobody wants the grind, no question. i really think many people sttill dont understand what i am meaning, coming with big math theories and forget the most simple thing. FUN.
    And @crambert_nec ... rather uninformed? Lol, Thats exactly what ng did the last 2 times.
    And exactly because people has different playing behaviors, working time, holiday, vacation and different time zones the people should have their choice playing hardcore or, like you say grindmode.
    We will see how the game will change, then see further.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,487
    @Kasimir what do you and your guild see as "the grind" you say no one wants the grind they want fun. Both those things have different meanings for different people but the challenge is meant to be the same for everyone so you can judge how well you do against someone else be it globally or in your guild. (Shame NG don't have a weekly player leaderboard for players!) if you are player level 60'then you shouldn't expect to do as well
    In the challenge as player 70's but when you do get to 70 then you will be pleased with the changes NG has made, could try letting your lower level guild mates know that.
    crambert_nec
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,350
    @Kasimir Exactly! FUN is the key word. It's no fun at all playing any level in the 20s and some of the early 30s because they're so easy for us end gamers. We don't have to use any strategy and can just blast through the levels. It really isn't until 33 or so that we have to start using some strategy. So this is why we like the changes that NG has been making. It makes the game more FUN!

And yes, my previous comment that said "rather informed" still stands. The last 2 times NG tried this everyone lost out on stars. The levels aren't made any harder so everyone should still be hitting their average difficulty level. That part never changed. No one got "degraded back to the start" which is what the hypothetical situation I mentioned was meant to explain.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    TCBRITO