Scout - dodge or retaliate?

Whats your perfect Scout?
Ruthless + Strong + Lucky + Power Strike + ?
I really don't know if I should go for dodge or retaliate. What do u guys think?
*Im assuming DR is alredy maxed by badges and armor.

Comments

  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 256
    I like retaliate on my damage reduction scout and dodge on my power scout. My dr scout can survive at least one hit from a 38 and if hazard suit kicks in maybe 2-3 so retaliate is nice on him.
    anthony172Renopwns
  • Cory314Cory314 Member Posts: 23
    I'd actually skip power strike personally. Scouts don't stand still enough for that to help much. I would go with retaliate and dodge. Luck is really the only non negotiable for me as your trying to maximize SS and threat reduction as well as hazard suit etc.
    DeadheadsShadowWalkerRenopwns
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,081
    edited December 2018
    At RSL 38 with my lucky, dodge, ruthless, power strike, iron skin scout I'm not thinking I wish I had strong instead of dodge, but do think I wish dodge was retaliate. If I could hit 80% dmg red with badges and armor alone, which I can't yet, then I'd want lucky, ruthless, retaliate, power strike and dodge but would accept strong as the 5th. My advice for scouts is to fall out of love with strong.
    imacharliesligoem
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 602
    Cory314 said:

    I'd actually skip power strike personally. Scouts don't stand still enough for that to help much. I would go with retaliate and dodge. Luck is really the only non negotiable for me as your trying to maximize SS and threat reduction as well as hazard suit etc.

    Agreed @Cory314 ... my unicorn scout is Ruthless/Strong/Retaliate/Lucky/(Iron skin or Dodge). Only one I don't mind Powerstrike on is if they're equipped with a spear and I can hide them behind two tanks.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,720
    I would want both. If your badges were good enough and you were going for a max DR build you could go for one without iron skin. Agreed, powerstrike is nice but requires a bit of strategy to set up a max damage hit, we have scout Rick these days for max damage.

    Assuming your badges were good: strong, ruthless, lucky, retaliate and dodge would be my unicorn :smile:
    imacharlie
  • aafr99aafr99 Member Posts: 161
    edited December 2018

    For me personally out of the two traits you listed (dodge or retaliate) it would be dodge. I use my scouts (besides Gabriel) as glass cannons: all damage and critical damage badges. Power strike is easy to set up when one or two other survivors on your team are tanks and can take the hits. Take for instance on Straw Men in this past challenge at the very high difficulty levels. I used Michonne, new Rick, and my bruiser. Bruiser and Michonne can take hits. I cleared the map of normal walkers and when I was focusing on taking out the tanks I'd set up my bruiser in front of the tank and Rick at an angle. Even with his charge attack it would still take 2-3 turns to kill it. The next turn he's already setup for power strike. Makes killing those enemies with high health super easy.

    My unicorn (which I just found like 3 days ago!) is the 4 traits you listed plus iron skin. Even though I don't badge my scout defensively, with iron skin as a survivor trait and armor trait plus hazard suit on my armor, she can still take a hit or two before struggle if hazard suit kicks in. But for the same reason dodge instead of iron skin can be great too. If hazard suit and dodge trigger simultaneously, she can fully dodge the attack no matter the level of the enemy!

    Thats what i thought initially too @crambert_nec . If I have a Scout with dodge as a trait and in the armor i could get +30%. With luck, that goes for 35% dodge. Combined with gold Hazard i will have 0,35*0,20 = 9% chance of completly dodging an atack. If I have the 3 iron skin badges, i can reach +70% DR., so that will give me, in the end:
    70% DR
    9% Chances of Dodging any atack
    50% Chance of Body Shot(+30%dodge + 20%hazard).

    Thats massive for a scout! I could go on and on killing regular walkers before i get into struggle.
    Or am I wrong?
    If i chose to put silver iron skin on the armor, I will easlly go for 80% DR. But, in that case, I will not have ruthless on the armor.
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,353
    I'm pretty sure dodge and hazard suit don't quite stack like that. Your first few equations are correct but at the high levels dodge doesn't turn attacks into body shots. It turns criticals into normal attacks against you.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    aafr99
Sign In or Register to comment.