Update 3.0 - Patch notes discussion!

KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
Winter is... right there! Click here to read the update notes!

If everything goes well, the update should be live next week! :)
TJSDanski_46General_PainSCBMADBonesAndreaSPC_TORRESTCBRITOCarlyJadenJenngcrambert_nec

Comments

• LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 222
    I hope they fix whatever is making my game crash all the time.
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    @Kaz will you guys fix the display for the new iPad Pros 2018 since a lot of the screen is just black. Pretty hard to record on it since I have to be trimming that every time.
  • KjellissKjelliss Member Posts: 19
    7-10 players to start the war, but can everyone in the guild participate?
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,744
    Kjelliss said:

7-10 players to start the war, but can everyone in the guild participate?

That's just in each battle. From what I understand there will be many battles per day spread across the weekend and each player can only play in 3 each weekend.
    KazTCBRITOJadenJenng
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,181
    7-10 players to start the war....what is the minimum? Must we have 7 signed up before the battle begins and if not, we cannot play that battle?
    JadenJenngTransmuteJun
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 225
    > @JayZ said:
    > New features are always great and these ones in particular sound exciting, but I just wanted to give a shoutout to the bug fixes. Really looking forward to the combat mechanic fixes to Overwatch/Retaliate/Punish!

FINALLY!!
    DBonesJaden
  • RealClareBRealClareB Member Posts: 134
    It looks very complicated :neutral:
    Currently guild-less.
    PicPigBenis
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Also, LOVE the fix to Aaron! Recently got him his 2nd pink star and rebadged him to make him my top shooter, so this change will only make him better, thanks!
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    TCBRITOSPC_TORRESJenng
  • Mgoff54Mgoff54 Member Posts: 145
    Is there actually going to be a season 1 mission from like the show!!
    Because if there is that would be so cool
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,711
    @kaz as with the badges do the daily missions "kill x walkers with" glen rick Morgan count for both types now?
    SPC_TORRES
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,028
    @SCBMA

That is correct, at least 7 need to have signed up before the battle begins. Otherwise you can't play that one (but can try again for the next, of course).

10 would be the maximum players allowed for one battle.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    SCBMAwhitek111JenngGeneral_Pain
  • CarlyCarly Member Posts: 2,173
    Looking forward to GW, new weapons, and all the other bells and whistles!

The Walker Wonderland Campaign is only 21 days to gain the top prize. YAY! I will like this much shorter duration more than the Summer Explosions duration.

And playing normal distance only once on Tuesday and Saturday (along with the other game modes), will a player still be able to reach the grand prize of the Winter Bow with the shorter timeframe?
    My peanut butter chocolate cake with Kool-Aid
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
    SPC_TORRESJenng
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,956
    Bring it on. It'll be a total chaos. Can't wait!
    JenngSPC_TORRESATLAS-Z
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 697
    Just got asked regarding gw if a guild can have 2 teams in gw battles? WT CR is evenly split between players from the euro zone and players from the US.
  • NarniaNarnia Member Posts: 65
    I didn't read anything about patching up Survivalist Rick's leader trait, is that coming in a later update?
  • whitek111whitek111 Member Posts: 94
    Looks like ill be looking for a new guild since mine is pretty much MIA. Cant wait tho sounds like fun.
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 849
    Must not have read all the way to the end..

Trait Adjustments
    Survivalist Rick's "Lead by Example"
    The Lead by Example trait was awarding too many Charge Points when a character hit many enemies with a single Charge Attack. This has been corrected so that the Trait now works as described in the tooltip; only one bonus Charge Point will be awarded per Charge attack, no matter how many enemies were attacked.
    Jenng
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,452
    Narnia said:

I didn't read anything about patching up Survivalist Rick's leader trait, is that coming in a later update?

Trait Adjustments
    Survivalist Rick's "Lead by Example"
    The Lead by Example trait was awarding too many Charge Points when a character hit many enemies with a single Charge Attack. This has been corrected so that the Trait now works as described in the tooltip; only one bonus Charge Point will be awarded per Charge attack, no matter how many enemies were attacked.
    romeo
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,007
    edited December 2018
    I am concerned about 7-10 players in the guild to engage in the battle. I don't think we ever have that many players online at a given time, especially since we come from multiple continents. Can't it be possible to battle with 2-4 guild members? That's actually doable for us. I suspect we will never play Guild wars if the minimum is 7.

ETA I was looking forward to Guild Wars, but now I am really disappointed, knowing that I will likely never get a chance to actually play. :(
    Danski_46ZettePicTroublemaker
    > @DBones said:
    > Now if we can just get a 2x Survivalist Rick call next week...... >:)

I second the motion, after the botched initial release some sort of compensation would be nice.

At the very least an increased chance of 20% or 25%, instead of 15%.
    Belgarath
    > @TransmuteJun said:
    > ETA I was looking forward to Guild Wars, but now I am really disappointed, knowing that I will likely never get a chance to actually play. :(

We can always start a new guild!
    SPC_TORRESSCBMAJenngGovernator
  • NarniaNarnia Member Posts: 65
    Sorry I totally overlooked that, awesome thank you!
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,354
    Yeah there's a few ways around that @TransmuteJun. Do what @abailey362 said, have some people sign up for the battle even if they can't play just so the others are able to. I'm not sure what the frequency of each battle is because the different beta tests had different amounts, but the battles with start frequently throughout the weekend. Even with people in other time zones I'm sure there's some overlap where you can get at least 7 to play.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    Jenng
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,007
    Thanks, Crambert & Abailey. I'm not familiar with the specific mechanics, so I didn't realize that some people could sign up but not play. Do they have to be on in order to sign up? How far in advance do they have to sign up?

It's not just a time zone issue, it's a life issue. We're all over the place in terms of when we play. We're a casual guild, not one that's on 24/7. I doubt there are ever more than 2 or 3 of us on at any given time. My guess is that many casual guilds will have issues getting that many people on at once.

Now if people can sign up 24 hours in advance and then not show up, that's something that might be doable, presuming that the battle itself wasn't too difficult for the 2-4 people who actually did show.

@Kaz Do you have any advice for casual, multi-time-zone guilds that would have difficulty getting 7 people on at once to play? What would you recommend?
    crambert_necBelgarathDeucesZette