Walker Wonderland - fineprint clarification, please

JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,068
Some clarification wanted/needed @Kaz

So the fineprint says that we will need to buy tokens in the bundle shop and/or restart Distance.

How many more tokens would we need to buy in order to get to the final reward - or how often would we need to restart Distance?

I would prefer to know now if it would even make sense for me to restart then to find out later that it wasn't enough. ;)
Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
msapaevJenngFirekidSPC_TORRESbigbeano

Comments

• KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited December 2018
    @Jaden to get the last two rewards (assault weapon and the hockey stick) you need to restart every distance we are going to have during this campaign (6 in total), so 360 tokens.
    NezopsychwolfFirekidStalker20mimicaromeoanthony172TCBRITOBill_ZRTmsapaevPigBenisKyrusKarajocaPicbababooeybigbeanosbfflyingcowking
  • kmrkmr Member Posts: 175
    If the numbers are correct in the description we will collect 2640 tokens during the 3 weeks period. It means all the 6 distances are needed to restart to gain the missing 360. :(
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,068
    Well, I could have calculated that myself, I guess. :joy: Didn't even see the numbers in the announcement. :sweat_smile:

What about the bundle shop stuff? How much for how many? @Kaz

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Jenng
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,647
    I have done the math.

You get 1000 max tokens per weeek and there are 3 weeks so 3000 tokens

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,068
    @kmr

Well, that's 2400 gold if there are no events that make restarting cheaper (which would be nice *hinthint*).

If you don't have the gold and would need to buy it "plain" (so not part of another bundle), that would be 21.99 in Euros. That would be a hard pass for me.

The assault rifle can be found for free (not the looks, obviously, but the traits for sure), only thing interesting would be the stick. And that would be a steep price for that.

NezopsychwolfJenngmimicaRenopwns
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Deadheads said:

Really? We're forced to restart every distance to get it? That's rather disappointing... Saturdays are bad enough with challenge, distance and now GW. Adding distance twice is starting to feel like work and not playing for fun.

I see where you are coming from, but actually this time the campaign is a lot "friendlier". So we applied some learnings from our previous campaign.

The problems we had with the summer campaign:

- It wasn't clear enough whether if you have to restart the distance to be able to collect the RPG
    Now we've shown the numbers and every F2P player (that it's somewhere around council level 12) should be able to collect at least the special weapon

- It was too long
    Now it's only 3 weeks!

- Very active players ended up with 2k extra tokens after collecting the RPG
    The main item of this campaign is the Winter Bow, which you can get without needing to restart the distance and don't even need to play every day. However, if you want to put more effort into it, now you will get some extra rewards. So nobody is being forced to do anything to collect the special weapon, but if you put more effort into it, you should be rewarded accordingly.
    Jaden said:

Well, I could have calculated that myself, I guess. :joy: Didn't even see the numbers in the announcement. :sweat_smile:

What about the bundle shop stuff? How much for how many? @Kaz

It'll probably be together with another equipment/gear/radio bundle, but the actual offers are not really set yet. :smile:

JadenDrUnpleasantimacharlie
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 3,221
    @kaz that does suck a fair bit! 2600 gold for the hockey stick and several hours more play time is pretty steep. Is there any chance this will be looked at/changed?
    NezoJadenTCBRITOxMelxand98bigbeano
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 684
    edited December 2018
    Deleted comment
  • Stalker20Stalker20 Member Posts: 1,290
    Guess I will pass on the hockey stick, doing 2 distances a week is painful enough for me. Tis the season of good will and all that!
    romeoTCBRITOJenngSPC_TORRESxMelxand98bigbeano
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 738
    Kaz said:

I see where you are coming from, but actually this time the campaign is a lot "friendlier". So we applied some learnings from our previous campaign.

The problems we had with the summer campaign:

- It wasn't clear enough whether if you have to restart the distance to be able to collect the RPG
    Now we've shown the numbers and every F2P player (that it's somewhere around council level 12) should be able to collect at least the special weapon

- It was too long
    Now it's only 3 weeks!

- Very active players ended up with 2k extra tokens after collecting the RPG
    The main item of this campaign is the Winter Bow, which you can get without needing to restart the distance and don't even need to play every day. However, if you want to put more effort into it, now you will get some extra rewards. So nobody is being forced to do anything to collect the special weapon, but if you put more effort into it, you should be rewarded accordingly.

I at least understand your logic @Kaz, guess I would have just set it up differently regarding tokens in distance. I would have like to seen the ability to get the max tokens from only playing hard distance once. Something like putting a bunch of tokens in mission 20/21. that way it gives us more incentive to beat it (I currently quit around 18, the rest just isn't worth it to me) and if you're unable to get that far you can reset to redo the easier missions. It just comes down to time for me. I really think NG has to rethink the Saturday schedule, there's just too much now.
    DrhooDBonesJenngaquilaWahooDawgxMelxcrambert_nec
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,742
    No JSS's for you @Firekid. I agree 100%.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    NezoromeoTCBRITODBones
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    So it's PAY to get the rewards, not just play?

Or is there going to be massive amounts of gold and gas given away?

Big emphasis on the word PAY here because it isn't possible to do distance twice without paying $$$

Whilst I can see that paying players should be able to get better weapons, more gas/gold/radios etc, that exists in the main shop already.

I might have made a couple of small bundle or gas purchases this month, but this now creates a disincentive for me to spend money I would have otherwise spent in the game. On the principle of this event.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    FirekidTCBRITOJadenJenngShadowWalkerRenopwns
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 3,221
    edited December 2018
    I would like to second @jayz comments the rest of the rewards are great for what we have to do (loving the RGG tokens in there) just seeing those end rewards which are just out of reach 😟
    ShadowWalkerromeoJadenJenng
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Firekid said:

I would like to second @jayz comments the rest of the rewards are great for what we have to do (loving the RGG tokens in there) just seeing those end rewards which are just out of reach 😟

Totally out of reach without $$$. Unless NG give extra tokens like before. But it sounds as though the end rewards are meant for paying players only.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    romeoTCBRITODrhooJadenJenng
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,742

Firekid said:

Totally out of reach without $$$. Unless NG give extra tokens like before. But it sounds as though the end rewards are meant for paying players only.
    I think paying players deserve to get more than non-paying players. After all, they keep the game free for the rest of us. The other rewards are already amazing for not having to do anything differently (if you're an active player), so I'm very happy with the event, even if I won't get the hockey stick.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    1RisromeoNarniaI_Am_PsychoDBonesbladgierCaptainslayerMichonor23tdiddyRenopwns
  • NarniaNarnia Member Posts: 66
    I'm gonna get free stuff. I can guarantee I won't get 3,000 winter tokens.

It's still going to be nice to get free stuff. Those who are ultimate grinders will deserve that hockey stick.

I believe it should be something that an F2P player could achieve, but with the cost of restarting distances, I don't think it is possible, which is too bad. Everything else could be planned for an F2P player to achieve it, though, in terms of gas economy.

Still, though, there are great rewards that can be earned just for playing the game though!
    Stalker201RisFirekidJadenDBonesDodkongxMelxtdiddyRenopwns
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 682
    6 restart? Wow i would do it if were only 2 or 3 restart but 6 that is too much. Well i think i would miss those two last reward. At least i will have the bow and the shovel
    TCBRITOShadowWalkerromeo
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 682
    @Kaz but the cost of restart will be reduced to 200 gold?
    TCBRITOShadowWalkerromeo
  • Eliyah_mEliyah_m Member Posts: 18
    Riot anyone?
    ShadowWalker
  • kdo99kdo99 Member Posts: 12
    @Phalanx44 I agree wholeheartedly. I'm also a f2p player and this event has really got me excited. It's night and day between this event and the summer event in which we grinded for 70 days not knowing if you would have enough token, for an weapon everyone said was just meh. This event you can get 4 awesome weapons, which for f2p players, you may never get lucky enough to roll (trait wise). All in just 21 days. It's events like this that I hoard my gold.

@Kaz Just by changing the way you present the rewards, you could have made people's reaction a little more palatable. Take for example, an apple to apple comparison with the summer event, the rewards should have ended with legendary winter bow. Everything else should be displayed in a separate tab, letting people know they can get even more rewards. As is, most people look at the rewards, do the token math and think, "it's not worth it" or "i'll never get there".

TJSSPC_TORRESNezoKazMichonor23I_Am_Psychoromeoflyingcowking