Winter Wonderland - expected tokens per week and other helpful math

13»

Comments

• ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 370
    I appreciate this analysis. I didn't Do The Math, so I've been assuming that daily (twice) play will just lead to all the rewards. It's shocking to learn that I must double down distance repeatedly to have a chance.

Funny point: I was planning to buy 24h gas multiple days during the event to upgrade my council and training yard, and not claiming any gear, in the hopes of achieving 1 level-25 character in time so that the gear wouldn't be level 24 (and, ultimately, trash). I have many of these gear at lower levels: beloved, but soon to just take up an inventory slot because I just can't scrap them.
    So here is a data point: If the math is as described above, NG just cost themselves about $10 revenue from this player. And saved me five days of playing scavenge non stop.
    Thanks? :-\
    trumptonPigBenis
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,951
    edited December 2018
    @Artminius You realise you will still get the bow and the shovel? I would recommend carrying on with your plan just to get a shooter to 25!
    Artminiuscrambert_nec
  • trumptontrumpton Member Posts: 25
    @dlb very negative and inaccurate read previous comments.
    dlbMortmer
  • josly13josly13 Member Posts: 7
    I missed this weekend and Saturdays are already tough with challenge and now guild wars. I would be willing to reset twice every Tuesday but that isnt an option so I'm out for the hockey stick. That sucks
    trumptonTCBRITOatrainofficialJaden
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 313
    I have scrimped & saved gold for a while now, along with a few small packs here & there, so I have a decent stockpile. I have also resisted the temptation to buy most of the new weapons since I will quickly outgrow them. However I am finally reaching level 23/24 toons and growth has slowed some so I am looking for some decent gear to use now. I did repeat the normal distance last Saturday & again yesterday for the extra tokens. Will I repeat the rest of them? I don't know yet & will just see how I feel when they come around again.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
    trumptonWahooDawg
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,704
    WellyLuga said:

@Kratos The stick is worth going for at least if you can get it without breaking the bank. It's not like you'll need a new one each council upgrade so that your bruiser will do 1-200 damage more :smile:

Totally agree! I still use my Epic Level 27 version on early Distance maps to make sure my bruisers get charged up. I can't wait to get the one with the Razor trait and get it to Level 28 to use for Challenge maps. :yum:
    romeoSPC_TORRES
    WellyLuga said:

@Kratos The stick is worth going for at least if you can get it without breaking the bank. It's not like you'll need a new one each council upgrade so that your bruiser will do 1-200 damage more :smile:

I agree and I will probably repeat.
  • josly13josly13 Member Posts: 7
    I think they should do a double tokens, to make up for those who missed a distance. Have them still pay gold to reset (Maybe even a higher gold amount) and give 120 tokens instead of 60. That would enable those who accidentally miss one for the holidays or whatever reason the opportunity to catch back up while still charging them the same
    romeo
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 696
    Did the cost analysis, gold vs just buying staff, decided I'd go for hockey stick (ie gold), unfortunately i didnt count on the game closing the moment i completed the transaction and having to wait over 24hrs to get the gold credited which by then the distance had finished.
    So any extra token feature would be great in order to make up the 60 token shortfall.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    > @dlb said:
    > Silly little social justice warriors pissing and moaning because they cant have everything for free. Game goes away if it doesn't make money. But as long as everyone suffers equally, some people are ok with anything I guess.

JSS for bringing politics into a mobile game forum lol
    Mortmer
  • fouad2500fouad2500 Member Posts: 6
    your Jesus is already a killing machine, and your videos are very amazing.
  • trumptontrumpton Member Posts: 25
    @NerfZone187 thanks for bringing a negative and bad attitude to a discussion. It has been mentioned the wonderland event has no parameters for missing all daily activities... so if powercut/Internet failure or you have work family issues and miss 1 thing you miss out even spending gold does not help. Events should be achievable but not rediculous
    Looks like all the weapons are now achievable without having to repeat distance or if you happened to miss some tokens along the way.
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    > @trumpton said:
    > @NerfZone187 thanks for bringing a negative and bad attitude to a discussion. It has been mentioned the wonderland event has no parameters for missing all daily activities... so if powercut/Internet failure or you have work family issues and miss 1 thing you miss out even spending gold does not help. Events should be achievable but not rediculous
    >

Does this mean we're not going to be friends?

Darn

Fyi: Who are you anyway? I never even mentioned you in a comment
    trumpton
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,036
    Is 2640 maximum amount today? 🤔
    SPC_TORRESBuckzz
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 454
    That’s what I can get.
    SPC_TORRESBuckzz
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,855
    @bladgier
    Yes you are correct unless the bundle was purchased

• ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 408
    edited December 2018
    Would someone be kind enough to tell me how many tokens are remaining please?

Ie Is that weekly challenge over? Etc
    Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,855
    @scowley
    If you completed the distance today

With running twice on tuesday

• ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 408

@scowley
    If you completed the distance today

With running twice on tuesday

Cheers matey, looks like i can potentially get the shovel, but fall short of the assault weapon, oh well can't win 'em all.
    Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'
    MattOfEarthbigbeano
  • FourGiantsFourGiants Member Posts: 11
    Aww man I spent $2 on 24hr gas cause I thought I could reset the distance more than once. Guess I wasted my money. Oh well. No winter weapons for me.
  • DelphiDelphi Member Posts: 6
    I bought gas as well to do the distance a third time. Just to learn its not possible. Frustrating event.
  • sicronsicron Member Posts: 101
    Have a couple of guild members asking about the level of the weapons. Each weapon unlocks at the level of the highest survivor of that class or the highest survivor overall? I'm guessing the first but want to make sure. @Kaz Can you clarify? :)
    crambert_nec
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,065
    @sicron
    Highest of the class, survivor or hero.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    TJSjimmorrison369SPC_TORRES
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 512
    Me too, daily checking of this thread to see if I am on course anot is giving me anxiety issues.
    Jaden