Guild hoppers hoping for guild war and quit

I out this here because it is general issue. It was gonna happen anyway really.

They join, enter for a war. Say "pfffffft" when there's too few to enter. Then quit the guild.

I don't think there's anything to prevent it, but I wanted to get other's thoughts on this. Have other guilds had this?

Obviously I know it can be set to request only, but that isn't always good for recruiting. I know someone will say it like it's saying something I don't know, so I added this bit. B)
Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
MrKaplanDeadkiller

Comments

• rfleurrfleur Member Posts: 1
    Other games have been able to lock guilds to prevent players from jumping. The same should be done here too.
    I_Am_Psycho
  • MrKaplanMrKaplan Member Posts: 10
    I've had one hopper so far. I also got a pretty decent new member that stuck around to contribute to the challenge while she waited😘
    tdiddyDeadkiller
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    rfleur said:

Other games have been able to lock guilds to prevent players from jumping. The same should be done here too.

Umm, you can. :/
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    NerfZone187I_Am_Psycho
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited December 2018
    @TJS
    I knew it ... :innocent:

TJSjimmorrison369
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 371
    We have 2 hoppers. One signed up and didn’t play at all. They didn’t get stars either. The other played a bit in GWs and has gathered a tiny amount of stars. If we weren’t struggling so badly to get the minimum team requirement I would kick them out. At least we get to play even though they don’t contribute.
  • DaktayDaktay Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    I've been in my guild since I've been playing I'm level 55 and I'm loyal but we can't get the required numbers to even fight so to stay in my guild means i will miss out on the new content. I understand why people are guild hopping it's because they want to experience the new guild wars and in honesty i can see why they do it.
    Deathwish19
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 371
    I understand because I considered moving to another guild too, but if you join a new guild, contribute! Be a part of it, add stars, fight in the battles! My two hoppers aren’t doing anything but reaping rewards but we need their key in order for the rest of us to participate.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Cmon @General_Pain - At least let me welcome you before leaving ... hahaha. Or is there an imposter using your name?

bigbeano