Thank you for the feedback - What happens next (Updated)

KazKaz Community Manager Posts: 1,423
edited December 2018 in Guild Wars Discussion
UPDATE STATUS:

Here's the list of problems and where we are at the moment:

- Decreasing the number of required players to play a battle
We've been discussing this matter still, but this won't be changed for the next war. We've seen that a lot of players are looking for active guilds and leaving their one-man guilds. So we are predicting that we'll have a lot more battles during the second war. We would like to see how it goes first before doing any changes.

- Increasing the gas distribution across the game
For the second war, we will have a proper prep week, so by playing both Distances and Challenge missions, you will be able to collect a lot more than what you had in the previous war.

- Player's stuck on the registering screen
This should be fixed now. Let us know if it happens again.

- Too many things happening at the same time (Distance, Challenges, and Guild Wars)
We won't have any changes regarding that for now. Still discussing it!

- Low-level players fighting high-level walkers and survivors.
We didn't have the time to make any changes regarding the Matchmaking. But since we can see a lot of movement from players changing guilds, we should be having better matches. Also, now we have guilds in different tiers and they'll be matched accordingly.

- Healing
No changes for now. We discussed the possibility to run more Healing events during wars.

- Players without keys (sending it at different times based on when the player claimed the first set of keys)
We found out the problem, but it will only be fixed in the next update. A new set of keys are sent after 20 hours the player collect their first set. So make sure to collect the first ones right when the first wars start!

- Fighting guilds with less than 7 players
Not fixed yet. We need to review it again.

- Players are not getting VP
Should be fixed in the next update. It might happen if you keep registering/withdrawing from the battle a lot before a battle starts.

- Some gas from the distance was being incorrectly counted on the interface (but it was correct in the game)
It's a visual issue. Restarting the game should fix it. We should have a fix for that in the next update.

- Weird behavior fighting Metal Head Walkers.
Fixed in 3.1.

- Call your friends to play a battle keeps popping up after every mission you play.
Fixed!

- A player registered to play a battle while another one was happening and it actually started a battle with only 8 minutes left (only one case so far, but looks very problematic if this is possible).
- Fixed. Shouldn't be happening anymore.

---------------------------- Previous Post --------------------------------

First of all, thank you for all the feedback, we've already managed to solve some of the issues we had, but we know we have a long path ahead still.

We are now going through all the suggestions/requests/bug reports you guys have told us and prioritizing the most request ones or the ones that makes the most sense at the moment with our current tools. We don't have a solution or an answer for now, but hopefully, we'll manage to address some of the issues.

On the list, we have things like:

- Too many things happening at the same time (Distance, Challenges, and Guild Wars)
- Healing
- Players without keys (sending it at different times based on when the player claimed the first set of keys)
- Some gas from the distance was being incorrectly counted on the interface (but it was correct in the game)
- Call your friends to play a battle keeps popping up after every mission you play
- A player registered to play a battle while another one was happening and it actually started a battle with only 8 minutes left (only one case so far, but looks very problematic if this is possible).

Again, these are the topics we are going to discuss for the following days but we don't have the answers or an ETA yet. I think that some of them can be changed for the next war already, but I'm not making any promises for now. :cold_sweat:

Thank you for the valuable feedback and for speaking your mind, but most important of all, thank you for playing Guild Wars! :)
romeoWellyLugaDanski_46TJSbladgierbigbeanomsapaevaafr99TCBRITOMikyMouse1RisSCBMATHCrossSmokeandMirrorsDeathwish19JenngSPC_TORRESNezoZettemsrebeccakozak76DLHGovernatortrumptonNick37MrsScattercushionMattOfEarthPhalanx44sbfMrLuckyxbamfximacharlieantipodean2I_Am_PsychoIAmNeganFingerfoodBWilsJCSinWDIntimid8orCarylOldweirdeddie

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,069
    The thing about entering a battle with only 8 mins left etc was happening all the time just assumed that was working as intended. Was annoying having to wait for the current battle to finish before being able to register for the next one. Had a few people waste keys because of it.
    KazJadenimacharliexiaofei66
  • tiffani5btiffani5b Member Posts: 20
    That happend to me a battle was already started I wasn’t it, i registered for the next and it put me in the one that alread was going on and I lost a key
    Come join us, gambler twd!
    Renopwnsxiaofei66
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 642
    It was not the best experience, this time, hope that the next GW could be better
    romeoFirekidbigbeanoKash
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 113
    Nice maps, good ideas... but..

1. I played over 40 maps in 45 min. Until my gas was empty. So let us say 40 gasx3keysx2days= 240 gas...dou ng really believe i will buy 200 gas?
    2. Our guild is causual. The lowest ranked player was 41. He and all until 62 got asskicked by the walkers lvl 67 as hell. They have no chance so they dont play = so we cant get together 7 players
    3. The CPUs are playing as dumb as bread. I thought its real enemies. I am a bit disappointet but accept it. It is like playing outpost
    4. Not only the walkers in front of metalhead but also those behind (even if you shot them from an ankle) cant be shot by hunters.
    tiffani5bKatz_Killers18
  • RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 82
    Kaz said:

First of all, thank you for all the feedback, we've already managed to solve some of the issues we had, but we know we have a long path ahead still.

We are now going through all the suggestions/requests/bug reports you guys have told us and prioritizing the most request ones or the ones that makes the most sense at the moment with our current tools. We don't have a solution or an answer for now, but hopefully, we'll manage to address some of the issues.

On the list, we have things like:

- Healing
    - Call your friends to play a battle keeps popping up after every mission you play
    - A player registered to play a battle while another one was happening and it actually started a battle with only 8 minutes left (only one case so far, but looks very problematic if this is possible). THIS ONE HAPPENED TO ME TOO

Again, these are the topics we are going to discuss for the following days but we don't have the answers or an ETA yet. I think that some of them can be changed for the next war already, but I'm not making any promises for now. :cold_sweat:

Thank you for the valuable feedback and for speaking your mind, but most important of all, thank you for playing Guild Wars! :)

Kaz
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 97
    Player's stuck on the registering screen.

@Kaz

Are you referring to the less than one minute glitch, that prevented people from playing for the entire day on Sunday?

I really enjoyed playing Guild Wars on Saturday but my guild basically lost an entire days worth of rewards because of this. Can we at least be compensated with the 15 gas that we would've been reimbursed for playing 3 matches? Should I submit a ticket for that, or does NG have some other plans to make up for the all the glitches?
    Kaz
  • DrhooDrhoo Member Posts: 43
    Wrong universe?
  • trumptontrumpton Member Posts: 25
    Managed to participate in 2 guild war battles and points/suggestions I would like to raise are:

1. Event keys 3 per day? Would prefer amount for event at beginning rather 3 per day enabling you to partake for 6 hours (6 was maximum) whenever you were available. I was unavailable first day so missed out yet event is 48 hours.
    2. Alternate distance challenge events and guild war event so occur fortnightly on different weeks. (Or change day events occur)
    3. Number to participate.... adjust number struggle to get 7 online.
    4. Survivors hospitalised....Need to look at this as it prevents normal game play (wouldn't be an issue if the guild war event was the only activity occurring)
    5. Level of players major differential. Unsure how this could be addressed, I was battling players 3/4 levels below me and zombies also which I found I had to before unlocking other stages.

Overall good fun hopefully get issues resolved
    JediMasterYodaromeo
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 113
    edited December 2018
    @Nick37
    Same size, yes. And if a guild sends 2 teams.
    My suggestion would be until 2 teams both with 3-5 players each. The guild could create a team for the strongest and one team for the weakest members. And in total there still would be place for up til 10 players.
    Thiat could work if. !!! the average strength of my guild is the factor which creates the strength of the walkers/ and the chosen enemy
    antipodean2Tuftzy
  • flashinnblaydeflashinnblayde Member Posts: 1
    I enjoyed the battles when my guild had enough players to get one started, but we struggled and only managed 4 all weekend.

I agree that the minimum player count should be reduced and something needs to be done to sort out the gas amounts. Someone also suggested a separate guild war chat which I also think would be really useful.

I think the fairest way to do a battle would be to have a set amount of team gas at the start - say 200. Then it wouldn’t matter as much if 5 players go up against 10.

Obviously NG wants to sell GW gas (no judgement, they are a business) but instead there could be key bundles (which would be more attractive knowing you would get a decent amount of gameplay / reward points out of them).
    antipodean2
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 940
    edited December 2018
    @Kaz

Ok, DoomSlayer from DoomSquadElite here again. Was reviewing some numbers. The Master tier of rewards unlocks at 475,000 VPs. That’s an avg of 118,750 VPs per guild each War (19,791 per battle based off 6 battles, but we had 10 battles ten wins anyone with the max battles we can do please post) since we have 4 upcoming Wars. So we all behind the power curve. Our guild was number #2 in the First GW with a final VP score or 64,676 so we came up 54k short to be on path to unlock the Master Level rewards.

There are 10 maps with 18 total missions in each. That’s 180 missions. That’s a gas value of 180-GWG. So each member needs 18GWG to complete the entire battle if no repeats or defeats. We get 3 keys a day for two days. 6 total battle keys with a gas value of 108 per player for the entire War. In the USA battle starts Saturday at 0500 and ends on Sunday at 2000. That’s 38 battles to organize with 7-10 players to play during the War. Anyone got different info please post.
    trumptonkookaburraDanski_46Zette
  • TRUFAtwdnmlTRUFAtwdnml Member Posts: 31
    It was really fun to me and my partners on my Guild.
    Thanks a lot @Kaz for all the info and keep in touch.

Here some feedback:

Keys: 4/5 and if you join in a war that already started not lose an entire key.

Gas: We really need more Gas is just like a race doing missions, and with one or two wars you go out of gas... We really need more free gas or make use the normal green gas.

Missions: Please “close” a Misión when someone is already in fighting. You have there a real waste of Gas...

Players: When some War start, don’t let start fighting if someone signed is offline. If you have 10 players signed and one is offline just kick him out or let us can do it.

Maybe you could consider make some Wars not only at weekends, there are a bit long and some players plays more on the week. Maybe some small window of Wars?

Thanks you so much for keeping doing this things and make NML more fun.

Trufa
    TroublemakerKasimir
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 940
    edited December 2018
    I posted a video link to my FB page showing full live stream battle with walk through and tactic we used in DSE to get us to #2 ranking. It on the NML FB page and here under Nation War discussion. Sorry for putting it under wrong disscusion tab.

Check it out to help your guilds organize and maximize gas use and use our tactics to clear the map.
    kookaburraDanski_46MrsScattercushion
  • kookaburrakookaburra Member Posts: 10
    I greatly enjoyed GW. But I agree with all the things that need to be fixed. My main complaints are the GW gas, the maps need to lock (or notify) much quicker when someone already joined, and signing up for next battle and being thrown into the tail end of the one going. Great calculations Doomslayer, really puts the spotlight on the gas issue. The battles were fun and intense. Our last battle, we were behind until we cleared the second high rewards sanctuary with one second left and won. It’s also still unclear to me which hero defends. It seemed random to me. Anyway, keep heading in the right direction NG...
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 624
    I enjoyed GW. Room for improvement, but fun!

I probably fought in about 10 or more battles against enemy survivors. In each one, I only fought heroes exclusively which seemed strange. One opponent had a 2 Pink Abe, and a Rare level RGG for me to battle. It seems to me that a player with a 2 Pink Abe probably has survivors at the 2 and probably 3 Pink level that would trump a rare level RGG...
    SCBMAJackBauer
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    I'd like to point out a potential issue with reducing the min number of players required;
    I like the idea of a min of 5 to start a battle, and i really like the idea of matching up with a guild with the same number of entrants. But if the max number of player isnt also lowered you will have lots of guilds starting a battle with 5, and immediately dropping in 5 more players after the start for a major advantage over their opponents.
    So, a min team of 5 to start, and max of 7 players, including drop-ins, seems appropriate.
    SgtSalami
  • rchaprchap Member Posts: 57
    > @avelardez said:
    > @Kaz
    >
    > Ok, DoomSlayer from DoomSquadElite here again. Was reviewing some numbers. The Master tier of rewards unlocks at 475,000 VPs. That’s an avg of 118,750 VPs per guild each War (19,791 per battle based off 6 battles, but we had 10 battles ten wins anyone with the max battles we can do please post) since we have 4 upcoming Wars. So we all behind the power curve. Our guild was number #2 in the First GW with a final VP score or 64,676 so we came up 54k short to be on path to unlock the Master Level rewards.
    >
    > There are 10 maps with 18 total missions in each. That’s 180 missions. That’s a gas value of 180-GWG. So each member needs 18GWG to complete the entire battle if no repeats or defeats. We get 3 keys a day for two days. 6 total battle keys with a gas value of 108 per player for the entire War. In the USA battle starts Saturday at 0500 and ends on Sunday at 2000. That’s 38 battles to organize with 7-10 players to play during the War. Anyone got different info please post.

There are 380 possible missions each battle, if you discover human enemy on the last mission in each area. See screenshot.