Thank you for the feedback - What happens next (Updated)

Comments

• avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 995
    > @rchap said:
    > > @avelardez said:
    > > @Kaz
    > >
    > > Ok, DoomSlayer from DoomSquadElite here again. Was reviewing some numbers. The Master tier of rewards unlocks at 475,000 VPs. That’s an avg of 118,750 VPs per guild each War (19,791 per battle based off 6 battles, but we had 10 battles ten wins anyone with the max battles we can do please post) since we have 4 upcoming Wars. So we all behind the power curve. Our guild was number #2 in the First GW with a final VP score or 64,676 so we came up 54k short to be on path to unlock the Master Level rewards.
    > >
    > > There are 10 maps with 18 total missions in each. That’s 180 missions. That’s a gas value of 180-GWG. So each member needs 18GWG to complete the entire battle if no repeats or defeats. We get 3 keys a day for two days. 6 total battle keys with a gas value of 108 per player for the entire War. In the USA battle starts Saturday at 0500 and ends on Sunday at 2000. That’s 38 battles to organize with 7-10 players to play during the War. Anyone got different info please post.
    >
    > There are 380 possible missions each battle, if you discover human enemy on the last mission in each area. See screenshot.

Forgot the first two maps have 4 so that 12 less. It count 168. Can you tell me how you got 380 missions. My map I use.
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    Also, the gas has got to go, or else it needs to be more widely available from alternative sources.
    Here's a few potential sources not currently being utilized:
    - Win an outpost mission by defeating the defenders, and claiming the TG box, and have a 30-40% chance to nab 1 GW gas also.
    - complete 3/4/5 consecutive raids in Outpost to increase the drop odds.
    - kill 100+ walkers in a single normal scavenge mission for a shot at GW gas, or 80+ walkers in a hard scavenge mission for an even better chance.
    - during the actual event, the winning team of a particluar battle should earn more GW gas per mission area completed, than the defeated side, maybe 2:1.
    - heck, you could even reward GW gas for watching a certain number of ads in a given time frame (maybe per day), as that should increase ad views, and therefore ad revenue.
    xyf80TCBRITO
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 718
    Kasimir said:

2. Our guild is causual. The lowest ranked player was 41. He and all until 62 got asskicked by the walkers lvl 67 as hell. They have no chance so they dont play = so we cant get together 7 players

There are level 67 walkers in GW? I played a few of the maps over in the "Sanctuary" areas and I think the highest I came across were 33, maybe 34.

• rchaprchap Member Posts: 72
    > @avelardez said:
    > > @rchap said:
    > > > @avelardez said:
    > > > @Kaz
    > > >
    > > > Ok, DoomSlayer from DoomSquadElite here again. Was reviewing some numbers. The Master tier of rewards unlocks at 475,000 VPs. That’s an avg of 118,750 VPs per guild each War (19,791 per battle based off 6 battles, but we had 10 battles ten wins anyone with the max battles we can do please post) since we have 4 upcoming Wars. So we all behind the power curve. Our guild was number #2 in the First GW with a final VP score or 64,676 so we came up 54k short to be on path to unlock the Master Level rewards.
    > > >
    > > > There are 10 maps with 18 total missions in each. That’s 180 missions. That’s a gas value of 180-GWG. So each member needs 18GWG to complete the entire battle if no repeats or defeats. We get 3 keys a day for two days. 6 total battle keys with a gas value of 108 per player for the entire War. In the USA battle starts Saturday at 0500 and ends on Sunday at 2000. That’s 38 battles to organize with 7-10 players to play during the War. Anyone got different info please post.
    > >
    > > There are 380 possible missions each battle, if you discover human enemy on the last mission in each area. See screenshot.
    >
    > Forgot the first two maps have 4 so that 12 less. It count 168. Can you tell me how you got 380 missions. My map I use.

@Avelardez - the Forest maps have 3 human enemies, with 4 missions each. If you did each mission for each human before finding them, that is 4×3=12, plus the actual mission to defeat each human, which brings you to 15.

The Junkyard maps each have 5 humans and 6 missions per human. Again, if you discover the human on the last mission, its 6x5 plus the 5 missions against the human for 35.

Sanctuary maps have 7 Humans you need to beat to clear, and 6 missions each to find them, so 7×6 plus 7 equals 49.

Forest = 2 maps × 15 missions = 30
    Junkyard = 3 maps x 35 missions = 105
    Sanctuary = 5 maps x 49 missions = 245

That totals 380, but the odds would be long that you would only find the human on the last mission everytime.
  • xyf80xyf80 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 61
    Please please, give back player the option to select the defence! Hero is easier to deal with than walker is a big mistake! @Kaz
    edited December 2018
    @rchap

Ok, so we worked as a team to locate and kill the enemy. We hit one camp at a time to clear in a tactical manner. We did not have to all play 18 times per map. We had two maps left and ran out of time before we began to get better organized. I remember playing dbl missions at times going to the same mission as someone else several times because I thought we had to each play the mission. The map requires to locate and kill the enemy and once done I thought we were done. As in the beginning I saw us clear missions. The idea was to locate and eliminate per the game. 3,5,7 enemies per tier as I call it. Still lost on understanding that amount of mission you mentioned. Check out my video I posted in Nation Wars.
    edited December 2018
    @rchap

Ok I reviewed back on my video and see what your saying. I see it now. So then my tactic is correct then. Thanks for pointing that out.

https://www.facebook.com/avelardez/videos/10155906180039249/
    Thanks. On the other end of the spectrum, if you were lucky enough to find the human on the first mission every time, you'd only have 112 missions. That makes the median 246 missions.
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,629
    Jenng said:

@Kaz

I might be alone in my thinking but I personally wouldn’t want too many changes to it. Of course the bugs will need to be ironed out but for a first run I was pleasantly surprised at how damn near smoothly it went.

It’s absolutely fun as is ( my opinion) and implementing too much of player input would lessen the overall experience. I think the Dev’s have it right already.

Nope @Jenng you are not alone.
    I enjoyed Guild Wars and was looking forward to it , in preparation for it I put down extra stars in last weeks challenge just to get extra round passes for this week knowing I could focus on GW
    Bugs sure a few but with something this epic you can count on them and I think @Kaz and the get fresh crew handled it very well.

I would like say , I hear what a lot of people are saying about the gas and I understand

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/355711/#Comment_355711
    This part :
    But only to give you a bit of more info, the initial design was considering that knowing when to use your gas would be also part of the strategy. So not only going to war but deciding how would you coordinate the gas spending with your guildmates.

That I agree with 100%
    I used that to our advantage in our very last war of the day
    saved my main and had one of our other heavy hitters save a key
    We got our 7 to sign up and only 3 of had gas for attacks and we out scored their 7
    I knew we could out last them

As for the 7 minimum, think that could use a little work, I am part of a small guild, we had 11 members to start on Saturday ( 3 of those accounts are mine ) buy Sunday we had 16.

But all in all
    I agree with @Jenng original statement

JenngSCBMAFingerfood
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,477
    So you played 1 battle the whole weekend? Or you "played" other battles but only did 5 missions? That's not viable strategy to get to unlock the higher tiers along with the wasted keys from your other 4 players?
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 546
    @Kaz I'm not a fan of the shared hospital. By doing gw towards the end of the challenge, you end up making people choose between doing hard/problematic challenge missions or gw. I had one gw battle after which I had my best 16 survivors in hossie. Needless to say no challenge missions were done for quite some time after that. I think it should be a separate hospital as with the distance.
    Danski_46KirnasJaden
    @Firekid
    Had already played 5 battles at that point and as a guild we had 6 completed
    That was our 7 battle, it was the very last one available so their keys were going to be wasted either way
    Those 4 had said earlier that day that due to their time zone they could not play after a certain time

Jenng
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 117
    edited December 2018
    @tabernac
    No,sorry, i mixed some measurings, lol. Here is the correct number:
    I played against 27 walkers. My teammate’s level was 41 and his survivors maybe 18 or 19??... anyway. My point is that if the walkers strength are compared to the average of our team the weakest have no chance while the strongest have a walk in the park.... that unbalance is a problem
    TheWizEd
  • dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 36
    > @rchap said:
    > Thanks. On the other end of the spectrum, if you were lucky enough to find the human on the first mission every time, you'd only have 112 missions. That makes the median 246 missions.

Statistically you need to do 218 missions to clear all the map.
    You'll find opponent after searching through half of his sector, so:
    2*(3*(2+1)) for a first sectors
    3*(5*(3+1)) for a second
    5*(7*(3+1)) for a third

(2+1) means 2 missions for searching, 1 fight with raiders

18+60+140=218
    avelardez
    edited December 2018
    @SPC_TORRES fair enough, just you had 49 Fuel tanks at the end of that, seeing as there was 100 in total without buying any you only used 51in 6 battles? Or did you buy some? With the score you got in that battle I imagine that was at least 20 used in that battle alone?
    @Firekid
    That was a screen shot of my lowest accounts screen, I had started a battle and Had to flee
    To be honest I could not tell you how many gas I used that last battle, it was fast and crazy

JenngFirekidxbamfx
  • MohapxMohapx Member Posts: 6
    @Kaz

I enjoyed playing GW. It definitely need it some time to settle in to get the proper tactics, it would of been beneficial to have a day before starting it with free gas to try it before lunching it (without any rewards). It would of made sail more smooth, but now a lot of guild figure the way to play it next war. Some suggestion:

- defiantly bugs needs to be fixed
    - Gas is a problem right now have some in the shop, you promised it during challenges to get gas ( have not seen it yet) and i think all distances should have it as well
    - The cost for gas should be reasonable not outrageous as it is right now
    - reduce amount of people to get into war min 4-5 and also if you got enough to go to war to have a button to start right away...no need time to wait
    - also have war and distance and challenge all in same time is overwhelming ( have one or another)
    - extend time to an 1 hour for the duration of the each war

I think all those suggestion will make game more appealing

Regards
    Зуб
    > @dalmer said:
    > > @rchap said:
    > > Thanks. On the other end of the spectrum, if you were lucky enough to find the human on the first mission every time, you'd only have 112 missions. That makes the median 246 missions.
    >
    > Statistically you need to do 218 missions to clear all the map.
    > You'll find opponent after searching through half of his sector, so:
    > 2*(3*(2+1)) for a first sectors
    > 3*(5*(3+1)) for a second
    > 5*(7*(3+1)) for a third
    >
    > (2+1) means 2 missions for searching, 1 fight with raiders
    >
    > 18+60+140=218

@dalmer

This is not correct. The median discovery (to find the human) mission is not 2 on the first maps and 3 on the 2nd or 3rd stage maps. The median discovery mission is 2.5 and 3.5. If you plug those values in your equation, you get 246.

The reason that the median on 1st stage maps is 2.5 is that you have (I assume) an equal probability of finding the human in any of the 4 missions. To find the median #missions, you would sum 1,2,3 and 4 to get 10, then divide by 4, for 2.5. Same math for the maps that have 6 missions.

What we are solving for is an estimate of the average number of missions one guild would do to completely clear all maps and humans. This is useful to know how much gas, on average, a guild might use per battle assuming that gas is the limiting factor (not time or inability to beat opponents, which are other limiting factors).

In other words, for a guild with 10 players in a battle, that are all skilled and move quick enough that time isn't an issue, I would expect that on average, they could clear the whole map using an average of 25 gas each in a battle (246 missions divided by 10 players). This is doable, but would require a high degree of coordination and a lot of very high end players to accomplish. Not aware of any guild that pulled it off, but it is possible. My guild's best battle still had 3 maps not closed, though we had managed to find some humans on those.
    dalmertrumptonFirekid
    I think herein lies the problem. NG have stated explicitly that you aren't meant to be able to clear all the sectors in the 50 mins. If unlimited gas was on offer then top guilds would expect this as the norm. I'm starting to come round to a limited number of gas available and if you want more then pay through the nose for it. However I believe the "limit" needs to be higher. Rather than the 16 per key we got last week I'd say 25-30 per key would be about right.
    TCBRITOSPC_TORRES
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,396
    Sorry if was already mentioned, but any chance something can be done about the "XXXX has registered for battle" spam in the comm guild channel?

Some of the guilds talk more than others and it's already bad enough to miss some conversations because you cannot scroll far enough back, but now with the register/deregister notifications, it's bloody ugly. :disappointed:
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

trumptonKratosSPC_TORRES
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
  • Roos1Roos1 Member Posts: 17
    For the most part, really fun! Agree on less players needed. One problem I had was when I posted messages to the guild during the war, they were not showing up. I had to go back out to the main page and then repost them there.
    imacharlie
  • DLHDLH Member Posts: 395
    It was really fun, we will see what the gas issue is like....I went through 124 gas last war. Can’t drop $30 or more every 2 weeks on this mode alone.
    Asylum/BlackjacknBeef Guild Family
    imacharlieSgtSalami
  • RaekonRaekon Member Posts: 33
    Kaz said:

Also, I posted the latest status from the problems mentioned in the first post (I've updated the first post as well! :)

UPDATE STATUS:

Here's the list of problems and where we are at the moment:

- Decreasing the number of required players to play a battle
    We've been discussing this matter still, but this won't be changed for the next war. We've seen that a lot of players are looking for active guilds and leaving their one-man guilds. So we are predicting that we'll have a lot more battles during the second war. We would like to see how it goes first before doing any changes.

- Increasing the gas distribution across the game
    For the second war, we will have a proper prep week, so by playing both Distances and Challenge missions, you will be able to collect a lot more than what you had in the previous war.

- Player's stuck on the registering screen
    This should be fixed now. Let us know if it happens again.

- Too many things happening at the same time (Distance, Challenges, and Guild Wars)
    We won't have any changes regarding that for now. Still discussing it!

- Low-level players fighting high-level walkers and survivors.
    We didn't have the time to make any changes regarding the Matchmaking. But since we can see a lot of movement from players changing guilds, we should be having better matches. Also, now we have guilds in different tiers and they'll be matched accordingly.

- Healing
    No changes for now. We discussed the possibility to run more Healing events during wars.

- Players without keys (sending it at different times based on when the player claimed the first set of keys)
    We found out the problem, but it will only be fixed in the next update. A new set of keys are sent after 20 hours the player collect their first set. So make sure to collect the first ones right when the first wars start!

- Fighting guilds with less than 7 players
    Should be fixed. Let us know if it keeps happening!

- Players are not getting VP
    Should be fixed in the next update. It might happen if you keep registering/withdrawing from the battle a lot before a battle starts.

- Some gas from the distance was being incorrectly counted on the interface (but it was correct in the game)
    It's a visual issue. Restarting the game should fix it. We should have a fix for that in the next update.

- Weird behavior fighting Metal Head Walkers.
    Fixed in 3.1.

- Call your friends to play a battle keeps popping up after every mission you play.
    Fixed!

- A player registered to play a battle while another one was happening and it actually started a battle with only 8 minutes left (only one case so far, but looks very problematic if this is possible).
    - Fixed. Shouldn't be happening anymore.

1) so with other words no matter how many Players told you that even full guilds are having the issue with the number of registered members due to the fact that we are living in different timezones, you still don't care and do so as if everyone that complained and asked for a Change was a "one man Guild" right?
    Wondering why you ignore this and what the real reason is behind it cause it has nothing to do with not having enough members in a Guild. :(

2) Thank you!
    3) Thank you!
    4) Money Grab I guess so People will keep buying gas for real money to be able to do all These Things at the same time if possible at all.
    5) I hope you are right cause it will be very annoying otherwise.
    6) ok
    7) will check on this, thanks.
    8) lets hope so, it was annoying to have enemies with 4 members while we needed 7 to even enter
    9) thanks for the info, will let my guildies know
    10) thanks
    11) thanks
    12) thanks
    13) thanks

Merry Christmas! :)
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 117
    We will see what# happening at the next war. I guess i will have enough gas for max. 2 battles. The lower leveled players in our guild i will recomment to forget about playing gw because they dont have a blink of a chance to win any fight as long ast that problem istnt fixed.
    If this causes in having too less gw players (that problem wont be fixed either) then our guild cant play gw at all... then it will be so.
    It# a pity but thats life in causual guilds
    trumpton
  • dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 36
    @Kaz You have written:

That's nice that you fixed this, but our guild lost points not being able to play all Sunday. I've made a support ticket, but response was "we are working on it" and that's all. I'm not ftp, I buy some bundles, but I'm not going to buy extra GW gas that others received for free. I think you should compensate us with some free GW gas or keys or at least doubling our guild and personal points. Otherwise it's not fair.
    Thank you.
    trumpton
  • RaekonRaekon Member Posts: 33
    Kaz said:

Raekon said:

1) so with other words no matter how many Players told you that even full guilds are having the issue with the number of registered members due to the fact that we are living in different timezones, you still don't care and do so as if everyone that complained and asked for a Change was a "one man Guild" right?
    Wondering why you ignore this and what the real reason is behind it cause it has nothing to do with not having enough members in a Guild. :(

Waaait! It's not like that. Player's complaints matter! And the items below should be enough to prove that, right? :smiley:
    But with the great number of people moving from their guilds to another, we are not entirely sure how our servers will take it (of course we are going to be monitoring on Saturday to prevent/fix anything that might pop up). Also, there's the effect of people learning and arranging their times to play together, so we are definitely going to have a lot more battles than we had during the first war.

The other reason is that we can't just change the design of a feature like that. It's too risky and doesn't give us any answers. We had only one war and this is not enough data to make any design changes, even this being one of the top complaints so far.

I would really like to ask you to if you could give another try with your guildmates, and you feel the same, that nothing has changed and the problems continue, feel free to come back here and share your thoughts with us. But we are not ignoring your feedback, don't worry. Just playing safe (specially now that more than half of the team is enjoying the holidays. :P)
    dalmer said:

@Kaz You have written:

That's nice that you fixed this, but our guild lost points not being able to play all Sunday. I've made a support ticket, but response was "we are working on it" and that's all. I'm not ftp, I buy some bundles, but I'm not going to buy extra GW gas that others received for free. I think you should compensate us with some free GW gas or keys or at least doubling our guild and personal points. Otherwise it's not fair.

Thank you.

I see... and point taken. I can't make this call now, but I'll bring this topic to the team again so we discuss it. Thanks for the feedback! :)
    Well I can tell you up front that NOTHING will Change for the most guilds and the reason why is because our guilds are full.
    IF I had members that didn't Play for a month or so that I could say I remove them to get more active ones then what you are saying might had been a factor.
    However, most People that complained already told you that our issue is the timezones and you can't expect People with Jobs and families to stay up all night only so they are able to do a war together with their guildmates from a other continent.
    Lowering the amount needed to register for a war would had helped the whole thing cause 7 Players registering to be Abel to enter at all is just too much for a Guild with 20 members that are scattered all over the world.
    It would be less of an issue if you would had bigger guilds in game but you don't.
    Also I found it kinda hilarious when I checked the tops in the scoreboard having like over 20k or even 50k Points after the first war already cause I doubt this is even possible to make in the short time of a "lag war" (yes it was very laggy in the first two wars eating up my time, preventing me from making more points since the timer kept going normally).
    As about changing the design: you are not changing the design of the Gameplay, you just reducing the numbers needed to be registered.
    It doesn't affect the Gameplay, neither changes the fact that only up to 10 guildies can compete in a war. Giving guilds with People from all over the world the chance to compete doesn't break the design of the game or the feature. I have worked in game designs in the past aswell so I can tell. What you are placing there is a restriction and the reason you don't want to change it is based on something else. I guess it has to do with activity cause you believe that several guilds are inactive or have less People so you want to use this restriction to force People to leave their small guilds and merge with others. This isn't the case for many full guilds though and to be honest going that way will make you face another issue.
    Guilds that are very active and from the same timezone will have the issue that only 10 out of the 20 people can enter.
    romeoTCBRITOFirekidmohidulalam17