New Heroes' Name should also reflect on Craftsman - Badges

I got confused recently, when I found Glenn appeared twice on having badges. Lately I realized that I have Riot Gear Glenn which happens to appear the same as "Glenn". Is there something NG can do with this, so we could save time not to go back and forth which badges has Glenn and Riot Gear Glenn. Thought of it might be more confusing if lately got the rest of the new heroes. Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!
TJS

Comments

• MeatlegMeatleg Member Posts: 31
    When a daily quest says Rick, you can use either Rick to meet the demands. Badges should work the same. Should.
    Herberge
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,427
    Unless I’m missing something it does work that way @Meatleg for badges with the latest update.

Badges and new Heroes
    With the addition of new hero versions of existing characters, it's important to make sure that the Badges that players have crafted work well in their teams. To make the addition of new Hero versions to your roster easier to build around, any version of Rick [original or Survivalist] will count as 'Rick' for the purposes of badge bonuses. The same is true for the two versions of Morgan, Daryl, Glenn, and any other future character with multiple versions.
    Herberge
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I think the OP is aware that badges with additional bonus using 'Glenn' for example work with both Glenn's.

The point he's getting at is in the badge inventory badges assigned both Riot Gear Glenn & (normal) Glenn appear as assigned with the wording just 'Glenn'.

Would be good if there was a clear distinction of which Glenn (Rick etc) they are assigned to.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Herberge
  • HerbergeHerberge Member Posts: 205
    @TJS, Thank you very much for enlightening my concern, that's what I'm trying to point out, the Badge Inventory Management. It's already difficult to sort out maximizing the bonus of badges in one set because of the current inventory arrangement. Now this "the same name" issue added to confusion when same survivor's name happened to be in the same preferable badge set.
    TJS
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    So, @Herberge, you're saying in the badge inventory screen, "Glenn" should be differentiated from "RG Glenn", "Rick" from "S.Rick", and so on, when you see a badge is attached to XX character..

But the fact that any Glenn, or any Rick, etc. triggers the bonus should remain.

By the way, pretty sure the daily bonuses DO NOT count the new itteration of survivors as valid for meeting requirements. I tested it with Morgan a few weeks ago, made a post about it, and @Kaz confirmed as much. Now if something has changed with rhe new release...
    TJS
  • HerbergeHerberge Member Posts: 205
    @Phalanx44 , thanks for your comment, my response in bold italic cap font.

So, @Herberge, you're saying in the badge inventory screen, "Glenn" should be differentiated from "RG Glenn", "Rick" from "S.Rick", and so on, when you see a badge is attached to XX character.. YES, IN THAT WAY RESHUFFLING OF BADGES TO PROPER HEROES WONT BE TIME CONSUMING.

But the fact that any Glenn, or any Rick, etc. triggers the bonus should remain. I KNOW.

By the way, pretty sure the daily bonuses DO NOT count the new itteration of survivors as valid for meeting requirements. I tested it with Morgan a few weeks ago, made a post about it, and @Kaz confirmed as much. Now if something has changed with rhe new release. THIS SEEMS OUT OF THIS TOPIC, SORRY I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT DAILY BONUSES, I'M TALKING ABOUT BONUS BADGE. THAT IS WHEN YOU PUT 4-6 BADGES FROM THE SAME SET TO SAME HEROES/SURVIVORS, THE BADGE PERCENTAGE/QTY SOMEHOW INCREASES.
    TJS
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited December 2018
    I've attached a screen shot to make it easier to understand the point of the OP's thread.

In this example 'Glenn' is the name that both these badges are assigned. In my case I have the same set of badges assigned to both Glenn's. So when I'm looking for better badges during a free badge swap event I have to double check which Glenn each badge is assigned to.

It just would be easier if the names could be written as 'Glenn' & ' RG Glenn' in the badge inventory section.

This thread has nothing to do with the badge bonus 'when Glenn is on your team', there would be no point changing the names on that as the bonus now works for both Glenns.

I think it's a simple request that should be considered for the next update.
    Hopefully I've made it easier to understand the OP's point. @Kaz could you please ask the Devs to put this into consideration for the next update.
    Thanks in advance.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    tabernacpsychwolf