At what point do you restart

As there is not enough gas to get thru entire distance challange, after the 9th mission ?

Comments

• SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,765
    It will all depend on your goal?
    Winter tokens, badge components, weapons/armor or even a certain available hero

• Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    For el-cheapos like me, you beat #16, collect the winter tokens, reset, and do it again to the same point without spending any more gold for extra gas, or buying a booster. This relies on a few caveats:
    1. Start the Hard Distance as soon as it opens (7am my time)
    2. Clear each mission on 1st try - no repeats
    3. Using the 16hrs or so of free gas regeneration for the day, plus the initial 29 in the tank, you get just fuel enough to clear 31 missions. Provided you find at least one "4 gas" reward during the day, or an "8 gas" box in the trade good store, then you can do the 16th mission and have spent nothing but time, and one reset cost for gold.

This my Tuesday plan, Saturday is easier as the TG store has a "30 gas" for 1500 goods.
    Governator
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    never.... I dont even like playing it anymore.
    Danski_46ADPaqtabernacbigbeano
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 296
    Never going to restart it. It's tiresome enough playing it to get fragments and now tokens.
    NerfZone187anthony172TCBRITOromeo
    > @ADPaq said:
    > Never going to restart it. It's tiresome enough playing it to get fragments and now tokens.

it's just not fun to me anymore LOL

They need to add better rewards and make it harder. It's too easy to complete.I might use 400 gold to play it 2x if it had leg frags or comps, phones, etc. As it stands I'll slave away for the gear and tokens but I'm never resetting it
    anthony172TCBRITOromeo
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,712
    I've only recently managed to complete it but don't reset as cost too much gold/time. This week however with cost reduced and winter and GW has am resetting. Would try to complete twice if it wasn't for the crappy rufus tokens at 21. So got my epic frags and restarted. Will do the same on Saturday.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048

They need to add better rewards and make it harder. It's too easy to complete.I might use 400 gold to play it 2x if it had leg frags or comps, phones, etc. As it stands I'll slave away for the gear and tokens but I'm never resetting it

How about calling it Nightmare level and bumping it the same +8 levels that Hard is above Normal. And make it so all enemies are immune to fire. That should make it interesting, right?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    jimmorrison369NerfZone187
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,578
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > One thing I do is take Monday off the game in terms of playing missions. Log in every so often, watch the 4 hourly camp vids, check your TG shop and it's not unusual to build up 50-60 gas. This lets you get a nice head start on the distance and provided you're pretty efficient it's possible to complete it twice in a day.

Yep, that’s what I did last Monday. Let the gas build up and only played Season Missions to clear the Daily Quest reward. Getting the video reward helped build up the gas total. I’ve also been saving the 40 Gas from the Winter Tokens just for next Tuesday I’ve also reset twice each time without buying any gas with gold.
    SPC_TORRESWellyLuga
    > @Dodkong said:
    > They need to add better rewards and make it harder. It's too easy to complete.I might use 400 gold to play it 2x if it had leg frags or comps, phones, etc. As it stands I'll slave away for the gear and tokens but I'm never resetting it
    >
    > How about calling it Nightmare level and bumping it the same +8 levels that Hard is above Normal. And make it so all enemies are immune to fire. That should make it interesting, right?

add lvl 40 metal heads and gold frags/comps and 100 phones at the end
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    My guess is that with 100% success rate on legendary frags, they won't be swapped into the Distance. It's too easy for players to rack up 4 of them.

And adding in level 40 walkers of any type won't make a lick of difference in difficulty when they can just be burned down. That's why I suggested making all enemies fireproof for the Nightmare difficulty. No burn down short cuts then. And maybe legendary frags would be a legitimate reward at that point..
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time