Scout

Anybody have the scout as first choise in missions?
I think is the lesser powerd class, melee with no aoe ability, light armor, so better to go on a mission with a Warrior or Bruiser as melee choise.

Comments

• ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 92
    Don't forget about threat reduction as well.
    WellyLugatabernacJadensbf
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 620
    I use Scouts all the time in challenge missions. If the threat counter is an issue or if there a bunch of boxes etc. to open, my Scout is usually along for the ride.
    BWilssbfShadowaceAzDodkong
  • AetomatisAetomatis Member Posts: 5
    Yeap, but consider this, Warrior couse no threat and can hit multiple targets and when charge he have two hits in a row, Bruiser have armor, and couse no threat and when charge can't take out up to ten opponents, Hunters can take out multiple opponents as well with powerful blows, shooters have two hits as charge ability and have range safe distance.
    I notice that most of missions are crowded, so a scout with no aoe ability is like the other two characters try to keep him alive, and you won't in challenge mission to win 3 stars (no injuries especially)
    I am lv 40 in game, maybe I am wrong, maybe in end lv things are different
    imacharlie
  • imacharlieimacharlie Member Posts: 82
    much different later
    AetomatisShadowWalker
  • Michonor23Michonor23 Member Posts: 58
    Sometimes I will put Glenn in lead for extra supplies but not often. When I have Scout Rick or Daryl, their extra leader traits will make them extremely valuable in first position. Right now my favorite scout gets paired with Michonne or Jesus in the lead.
    Aetomatis
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 280
    I came to scouts late in the game and I regret having wasted so much time getting them up to scratch. I highly advise you take a look at the many scout videos on this forum to see just how useful and powerful they are, then start building your own awesome scouts.

Trust me, you won't regret it.
    zeekdogcrambert_nec
  • ScottieScottie Member Posts: 16
    What are the best traits to look out for when starting to build a good scout, I'm guessing threat reduction is one of them
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,306
    @Scottie Threat Reduction is a weapon trait. Definitely look for that on the weapons you use. My recommended traits for a scout are Strong, Power Strike, and Ruthless for maximum damage capabilities. Lucky to interact with Threat Reduction and Swift Strike weapon traits, among many others. The fifth trait can be one of many. My preference is Iron Skin, but Dodge, or even Vigilant can work well.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    WellyLugatabernacCronus
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,383
    @Scottie, this is my best scout at this time.

I've used her in every challenge at some point for the last 6 months at least.

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

WellyLuga
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,319
    edited January 10
    @Scottie It's such a versatile class really and depending on how you want to build with badges certain traits become better/worse. Lucky is essential, there are so many fantastic traits like threat reduction, swift strike and charging then of course Michonne/Glenn's traits. If you plan to go full damage/crit damage traits like iron skin, dodge, defensive stance and bullet dodge become worthless. Strong, power strike and ruthless are must haves and even traits like vigilant become more desirable.

If you're going for more of an all round build then iron skin/dodge become really important. 3 damage and 3 damage reduction for badges, maybe a health badge thrown in for good measure. I personally don't feel that ruthless is essential on every scout, there are many maps where there aren't any tanks and when there are you only need ruthless on one scout. We of course have Survivalist Rick who is better than any normal max damage scout can ever be so I would suggest saving radios for his call and looking for a more all round, defensive minded scout. An idea of an all round build is Patches who I've had from the start.

Forever Wild Walking B)