Teleporting Freeman

I was just fighting the freemen on the Back Alley map, standing back and letting them come to me and watching them die. I dealt with the first 2 this way and the 3rd retreated to the corner on top by the walker cage, I moved to the left edge and he came roaring out of his corner heading left and suddenly was running along the bottom edge of the map at me. My survivors fired and he died but I've never seen them teleport before.

Comments

• ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,369
    They must have the new Daryle leading them, they quietly snuck up and you just didn't notice.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

mack22GovernatorSPC_TORRES
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 35
    Smash in their heads with punishers then stab their eyeballs out with a scout.
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 81
    @mack22
    And that's why I just don't like cats. It's just that look in their eyes. Seriously. 😕
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 359
    Yeah, final map of this challenge is just riddled with this. Scouts just teleporting past my assualt behind the barrier and landing a crit on my hunter. Glad it's 1 minute gas weekend...

On the positive side, this map sometimes also puts scout freemen behind the fence - which kinda evens things up a bit in terms of unfairness.
    mack22Mortmer
  • KazKaz Community Manager Posts: 1,304
    Mortmer said:

I was just fighting the freemen on the Back Alley map, standing back and letting them come to me and watching them die. I dealt with the first 2 this way and the 3rd retreated to the corner on top by the walker cage, I moved to the left edge and he came roaring out of his corner heading left and suddenly was running along the bottom edge of the map at me. My survivors fired and he died but I've never seen them teleport before.

The good news is that this funky behavior is only visual, so although this freeman was walking all over the place, he can't actually teleport or move more tiles than he was supposed to move. So by the end of his turn, he should land in a possible scenario position.

The bad news is that it's complicated and... scary. :cold_sweat:

Regarding the Scout Freemen, I haven't properly communicated yet, but I think it's pretty clear by now that it's not intended, right? Haha. So yeah, something was changed in 3.0 that affected the "default" Freemen. We are probably getting this fixed in 3.1.

And also, very good and creative replies. Great work, guys, hahaha.

MrLucky