Crafting Badges - Do it ASAP or save to trade for better components

Right now I sit at player level 48 with Survivors at level 16. I am looking for feedback with regard to crafting badges. I have 57 total already (2 Legendary, 4 Epic, 5 Rare, 19 uncommon and the rest common). My question is should I wait to craft any more until after the next component event other than if I get enough Legendary components?

Just to provide a little more detail, with my current team and skills I can Farm up to around 21 or 22 level walkers easily sometimes all the way up to level 25, I usually get to about 10-11 steps in the distance (this last one I got to 14), in the Challenge I have been getting at least 400 stars for the past few weeks even one over 500.

Thoughts?

Comments

• BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 58
    What would the point of waiting be?
  • captainjrlcaptainjrl Member Posts: 22
    So I could trade components for better ones during the next component event. I believe the last time you could trade 5 badge fragments for 1 on the next one higher. There was also something for trading up chemicals too, but I'm not sure if it was a 5 for 1 or some other ration.
    SCBMAimacharlie
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,045
    @captainjrl
    I crafted enough badges to outfit all of my best survivors. I too had badges ranging from common to legendary. Then I started holding on to everything and waited for the trade event. I was eventually able to delete all off my 1 and 2 star badges and now have only rare and above.

Any rarity badge will help your survivors so don’t start hoarding too soon.
    SPC_TORRESdevynrogue
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,324
    edited January 10
    I would craft rare and above and save your 1-2* stuff to trade. Your priority should be getting your main survivors equipped with rare/epic badges as a baseline rather than trading for legendary. That way you should be able to push further in the challenge and distance. Maybe getting the rare components every time from the hard distance.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    But.....if you just have 1 and 2 star left over then you really are not gaining anything from the trade event. My method has yielded me more than 150 legendary and epic badges and it’s only upwards from there as soon as we have another event.
    SPC_TORRES
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 429
    I craft using my 1, 2 and sometimes 3* materials ASAP as tend to have lots of those lying around and when it comes to the materials trading events the value is almost always in trading up 4* to 5* (occasionally 3* to 4*).

I got a legendary 24% damage reduction badge this week from a 1* fragment and 2* materials.

I would also say craft your 5* as soon as you have a full set, but the chances of 5* fragments dropping these days is insanely low so it almost doesn't matter (5 months and counting NG...)
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,324
    If you only have a handful of badges then I think trading all your epic stuff in during an event is going hinder you rather than help you. It's 10 epic comps for a frag, then 20 for the 4 comps to make one legendary badge and what if it's a crit chance of flat crit damage? A lot of investment for a poor badge. I'd rather craft 5 epics than 1 legendary.

I personally think the crafting events are more geared towards the players who have been playing much longer and have many components to get rid of compared to players just starting to build their badges up.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    crambert_nec
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 429
    WellyLuga said:

If you only have a handful of badges then I think trading all your epic stuff in during an event is going hinder you rather than help you..

Personally I'd happily trade 10 components for a legendary fragment, but never the 5 epic badge fragments for 1 legendary. So, yeah.

There's a reasonable chance of getting a legendary from all blue components / frag (20%?) so it makes zero sense to trade 5 epic fragments for 1 leg fragment IMO.

WellyLugaJaden
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 1,949
    edited January 11
    I save everything except gold components and trade the others. For the most part.

Edit...

I save rare and above

Edit edit...

I save green and blue lol
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    SCBMA said:

@captainjrl
    I crafted enough badges to outfit all of my best survivors. I too had badges ranging from common to legendary. Then I started holding on to everything and waited for the trade event. I was eventually able to delete all off my 1 and 2 star badges and now have only rare and above.

Any rarity badge will help your survivors so don’t start hoarding too soon.

What do you consider your 'best' survivors?
    @captainjrl
    My “best survivors” are the ones I use the most (combination of hero and regular survivors). At minimum I keep three from each class equipped with my best badges. When I find a better badge, I put it on one of them and then hand down the old badge to another survivor.

I don’t put good badges on Governor, Maggie or Tomato Glenn. I only use them for gathering resources and not for battle so any badge will do.

You don’t have very many epic badges right now so I would continue to craft those and not wait for the event. Eventually you will have enough and then you start trading for legendary. It takes awhile but it’s worth it.
    captainjrlSPC_TORRES
    Do you pay to remove badges or wait until its free?
    edited January 11
    Once in awhile if I get an awesome new badge then I will pay to remove but mostly I just wait for the free badge swapping event.
    Mystique
  • Michonor23Michonor23 Member Posts: 58
    When I was at the point where you are now, the common badges (1*) (and the occasional higher ones I created from common and uncommon components) are what helped me advance to completing the distance. Once you can complete easy mode a couple times, you can move onto difficult where you earn rare and above fragments and components.

My advice is use as many as you can right now to create badges. Apply them appropriately and you’ll find the grind just a little bit easier. During a component event, more will drop in crates and you can buy with trade goods.

Just don’t craft any rare or above components or frags with common or uncommon. Not worth the risk of getting a common badge.
    captainjrl
    Thanks for all the input. I think I've got a plan on how to proceed.
    SCBMA