Outpost imbalance

OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 462
edited January 2019 in Bug Reports
If I look at my log, I’ve only been raided by maxed out level 25 guys. A few of my guys are level 22 but most are 20. How is this possible? Been going on for along time.

Comments

• SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,290
    The outpost matching is done by Council level, not survivor level. So you must be close to Council level 24, yes?
    SPC_TORRESJenng
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 462
    edited January 2019
    @SCBMA
    Council lvl 22
    @Overgrowdaworld
    Yeah, so that’s it then, there is a Council level “range” used for matching but NG has never given us the exact formula. I run across a lot of level 22 survivors in the lower tiers.
    SPC_TORRESOvergrowdaworldJenng
    Thank you @SCBMA
    So it is an outrageous imbalance! There equation needs to be modified. It’s bad enough that our defenders badges don’t work in outpost, but to defend against lvl 25 that can use their badges? That’s a HUGE imbalance!

It needs to be capped at 1 lvl above your highest lvl defender.
    SCBMAJenng
    @Overgrowdaworld
    I agree, the imbalance with the badges not working on defenders is something that I really want to see fixed!

Nice idea on recoding based on defender level but people can switch them in and out so the game would have to be constantly calculating. It would probably make things really slow.
    SPC_TORRES
    @SCBMA
    I would gladly take lag time any day over constantly being raided by ONLY level 25 hero’s and survivors.
    SCBMA
    I mean, REALLY?! I feel like the outpost is a complete waste until I can reach lvl 25 myself. So outpost defense is gonna be stupid and pointless for an entire year. Great!

@Overgrowdaworld
    I can teach you how to set up your outpost defense if you want to learn. It will not be easy to win defense battles until you get higher level survivors, but at least you will not be losing as much IP as you are now. And your guys will at least be able to give the raiders some hospital time.
    JenngbigbeanoSPC_TORRES
    edited January 2019
    I appreciate that @SCBMA ! But I do have a great defense. When I get raided by a person my level I beat the hell outa their guys before and if they win.
    It’s the lvl 25 vs lvl 21 that’s the issue. Not my defense.
    My bruisers do a nice dance with the visitors if they survive being stunned.
    SCBMA
    SCBMA
    This is what happens when I get raided by people around the same level. I at least kill one and hurt the rest.

@Cronus
    Appreciate that. Wish I had the flare gun and Morgan’s staff.
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,141
    I'd still consider moving Rick out then if you have a Hunter with revenge and an incendiary weapon. In order probably the best Hunter traits would be lucky/revenge/marksman/sure shot/iron skin. Lucky/revenge is really where you need to start. Then for weapon gold incendiary/lucky w/silver lethal. Again if you have gold incendiary/lucky you are fine. The lucky on survivor and weapon will trigger incendiary more often than not. Burning raiders don't last long. If you stun and then light up a lvl 25 raider good chance he dies.
    Overgrowdaworld
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,141
    Btw yesterday I was raided 12 times. 6 wins, 5 draws where 2 raiders already killed and 1 loss. Some time ago @SCBMA was the guy I conferred with to optimize my defense.
    TJSOvergrowdaworldSCBMA
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @Cronus & @SCBMA

Is there any outpost location(s) you find better to use than others?

I'm doing much better with my defence than I have in the past, around 20% of raids my defence wins, I'd like to do a little better if possible.
    I think I have my survivors set up & positioned well, thanks to SCBMA for tips his posted in the past.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    OvergrowdaworldSCBMA
    edited January 2019
    Cronus said:

I'd still consider moving Rick out then if you have a Hunter with revenge and an incendiary weapon. In order probably the best Hunter traits would be lucky/revenge/marksman/sure shot/iron skin. Lucky/revenge is really where you need to start. Then for weapon gold incendiary/lucky w/silver lethal. Again if you have gold incendiary/lucky you are fine. The lucky on survivor and weapon will trigger incendiary more often than not. Burning raiders don't last long. If you stun and then light up a lvl 25 raider good chance he dies.

@Cronus @SCBMA I followed your advice. Will this work?

@Cronus
    Dwight with incendiary weapon is now in lead.Lets see how they do. My bruisers are bad to the bone. Just gotta get them some better armor which I’m almost done upgrading.
    If I’m not mistaken, LEADER TRAITS ARE STILL ACTIVE AND DO COUNT IN OUTPOST YES?
    Is REVENGE better than RETALIATE for this to work or is Dwight in the lead fine?

Bump-Bump! Can someone please answer my questions in above post. Thank you guys so much! 100%
    @Overgrowdaworld
    Sorry, I didn’t see you post.
    Hero leader traits DO work in the outpost. Dwight is great in the lead position. I like to put Dwight in the lead along with a revenge hunter. I give them both incendiary rifles so they really light the place up!
    Overgrowdaworldbigbeano
    edited January 2019
    This is so funny. I was messaging you while you were answering my questions. Lol! Thank you very much! Lol @SCBMA
    SCBMAbigbeanoTiniWahini
    As far as locations:
    I do not recommend using Rural Fields or Town, they are super easy to beat.

Do not use Quarry unless you know where all the bugs are. I like those map sets but if you don’t know the proper defender placements you will lose.

The most versatile map sets are Lake and Warehouse. They both offer a lot of cover and configurations where you can force a fight along a path that you choose. They also allow you to place the trade goods right in front where any raider class (not just scout) can get them in a single turn. But at the same time, allow great defensive positions if the raider chooses to engage.
    bigbeanotabernacOvergrowdaworldTJS
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,321
    edited January 2019
    Put Carl as leader (flare gun), Dwight and bruiser (staff/hockeystick) following.

Trust me.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    SCBMAOvergrowdaworld
    edited February 2019
    If I had Carl, Flaregun, and Morgan’s Staff or Hockystick, I’d be pumped to try that combo out! Hell ya! @ATLAS-Z
    SCBMA