Lucky Trait

2»

Comments

  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,230
    Then there is an issue with his LT description:

    RNG 1: 70% chance to gain some or all, 30% chance to gain nothing; if nothing then STOP; If some or all then RNG 2
    RNG 2: Determines whether it is 1, 2 or 3 charge points

    If RNG 2 can produce a value of 0 charge points then no longer is his LT accurate with the statement "70% chance to gain some or all". The only way that statement is factual is if 0 can't be an option on any rolls after RNG 1 is positive. So the LT is either inaccurate or deceptive,
    jimmorrison369GradyShadowWalkerpsychwolf
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,053
    More likely is that the description by fluxx is ambiguous at least, incorrect very likely.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,053
    Did 11 missions. (22 tries)
    LT chance 55%

    0 - 9.1%
    1 - 23 %
    2 - 41 %
    3 - 27 %
  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 149
    edited April 9

    Did 11 missions. (22 tries)
    LT chance 55%

    0 - 9.1%
    1 - 23 %
    2 - 41 %
    3 - 27 %

    If 3 independent rolls:


    jimmorrison369Cronus
  • EngAamieEngAamie Member Posts: 58
    i hv nt rerolled any trait of rgg yet, this means that i should not reroll, n not go after lucky.? [email protected]@
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 486
    edited April 9
    > @EngAamie said:
    > i hv nt rerolled any trait of rgg yet, this means that i should not reroll, n not go after lucky.? [email protected]@

    Ehh I’d still say lucky is still great. Helps with dodge and I believe (could be wrong), if you stun or not and with concussion trait.

    Either way, fluxx said they’re already working on making lucky work with it
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,230
    Thanks @jimmorrison369 and @Grady . So at LT level 7 I would expect a hunter if RGG is leader to rarely come up with no charge points (less than 3% probability) correct? What does the table look like for 2 charge points?


  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 149
    Cronus said:

    Thanks @jimmorrison369 and @Grady . So at LT level 7 I would expect a hunter if RGG is leader to rarely come up with no charge points (less than 3% probability) correct? What does the table look like for 2 charge points?

    If we have 2 independent rolls:

    Cronus
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 683
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > Did 11 missions. (22 tries)
    > LT chance 55%
    >
    > 0 - 9.1%
    > 1 - 23 %
    > 2 - 41 %
    > 3 - 27 %

    Sorry, what did you mean by ”did 11 missions (22 tries)” ?
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,053
    11 missions with 2 assaults leading to 22 chances to analyse.
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 683
    Ah, ok. And the result was exactly as the expected distribution (as posted by grady)? Except it seems there was no initial roll at all? Otherwise 45% of the times you should have gotten 0 charge points?
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,242
    Roll #1 go...

    If no, stop here.
    If yes, gain one charge point and Roll #2

    Roll #2 go...

    If no, stop here.
    If yes, gain second charge point and Roll #3

    Roll #3 go...

    If no, stop here.
    If yes, gain one last charge point.

    ???

    Scratching my head



    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    xbamfx
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 683
    edited April 10
    Ok so I also did a test with RGG in lead (his LT at 60%) and 2 assaults in 12 missions. Here are the results:



    While the outcome does not exactly fall into the expected results I would still say it's quite obvious that there is no roll for the trait to activate, but rather there is simply one roll for each possible charge point. So an assault will almost always get at least one charge point, but very rarely will be fully charged.

    This means that his leader trait description is not correct. "Glenn has a 60% chance to get some pr all charge points at the start of each mission".
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Gradyjimmorrison369Cronus
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 683
    And based on this it's easy to calculate the chance of getting a full charge, depending on RGG's "Ready for action" level and the required amount of charge points:


    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • VirtualSwayyVirtualSwayy Member Posts: 58
    edited April 11
    TJS said:
    [Edit: ignore my analysis below. The CC portion of the luck post/guide is incorrect. see @jimmorrison369 link in comment below.
    TLDR; luck isn't additive for CC... It used to be, then it wasn't, then NG confirmed it was when it actually wasn't, and most recently they dis-confirmed the false confirmation, and confirmed it multiplies CC ike any other trait]


    @Coolseb when you read this great link from @TJS, make sue to take a look at the section(s) on crit chance. When I first read this post the single most unanticipated thing was the interaction of luck with crit chance. At the risk of oversimplifying it; Luck IS crit chance. Its not something I've seen in other games or expected to find at all when I basically asked the same question you asked here.

    The impact of it is: in content where you are running farming heroes (gov/glenn/etc.) and you have a low/no risk of bodyshots, Luck is a WAY WAY better stat than you would think if you didn't know it also IS critchance. Without bodyshots, the effect is so large you might pick luck ONLY for crit chance even if few - or no - other traits are modified.

    In higher level content the interaction between body shots and crits make this less impactful, but its still nice to know and may still weight the desirability of luck in some choices (just weighted far less as bodyshots increase). At these levels you would never pick luck solely for crt chance, but if you need luck anyway (to mod other things like dodge/stun%/hazard/etc.) ,sweetens the pot a little "for free" by helping non bodyshots crit). Adding alphas leader trait to piercing now expands the level range where the luck/crit chance interaction is something that would matter directly for offense, as well as adds some weight to luck as a "free" crit chance bonus, even at 100% bodyshot where you really aren't using luck for, or selecting traits/badges for crit chance at all.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,053
    @VirtualSwayy
    This was later debunked as one of the many f*ck ups where we found out most of NG don't understand their own game. Luck multiplies with crit chance, just like it does with every other trait.

    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/384568/#Comment_384568
    TJCart
  • VirtualSwayyVirtualSwayy Member Posts: 58

    @VirtualSwayy

    This was later debunked as one of the many f*ck ups where we found out most of NG don't understand their own game. Luck multiplies with crit chance, just like it does with every other trait.



    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/384568/#Comment_384568

    @jimmorrison369 Wow thanks for the heads up.

    I couldn't agree more with all the comments in that thread flaming NG for putting out false info. It's made worse by not including info on combat mechanics in-game, so that it doesn't update as newer players like me join, and it leaves a huge trail of false info for us to find when we search. Hell, not even search... people link that post (with the wrong info) as THE definitive source on lucky... They really should put this in-game :(
    ShadowWalkerjimmorrison369
Sign In or Register to comment.