Focus on More Heroes or Regular Survivors?

I currently have an army of 23 survivors, 21 of which are heroes. My two non-heroes are a 4 star scout and a 4 star warrior. I was wondering what anyone's thoughts were about my focus when it comes to radio calls and choosing at times between a hero and non hero. Player level is 49, all survivors are at 16 except Abe who is currently on his training to get to 17.

Comments

• sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    It depends on the hero and the class. I would say focus on Riot Gear Glenn and Survivalist Rick of the new heroes for sure, and getting them to legendary. Sasha is another of the best heroes. I personally use Michonne and Jesus every week, and when Huntsman Daryl shows up in calls (no idea when), he's another of the great heroes. It's good to have another bruiser with punish, retaliate, and iron skin as base, a ruthless hunter, an assault with revenge and some damage resistance, and a ruthless & revenge shooter.

I'd say hoard your radios for hero calls (especially 2x token calls for old heroes, no idea when the new heroes will have 2x token calls), and try to get some good normal survivors during those calls. And get tokens from the TG shop when you can.
    tabernaccaptainjrlxbamfx
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 797
    If I were in your shoes my focus would be to wait for 2x hero calls that suited my style of play. For example I'd want to take full advantage of Sasha or Aaron calls in addition to Michonne, Riot Gear Glenn, Morgan, and Survivalist Rick. The good aspect of this strategy is that you're also going to come across some nice non-hero prospects within these calls that you can bring on to your roster and develop.
    sbfcaptainjrlSgtSalami
  • captainjrlcaptainjrl Member Posts: 31
    Would either of use consider using gold to get tokens or radios? If so which one? I currently have 16 open survivor slots.
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 797
    I'd consider it, but it would be a rare occurrence. For example if I was sitting on a big pile of gold (hardly ever the case), and I only needed a handful of tokens to get Survivalist Rick or RGG to Legendary... I'd give it some serious thought. :)
    xbamfx
  • Michonor23Michonor23 Member Posts: 69
    Having a nonhero of each class is a good idea. Now is a great time for you to find ones with the most desired traits. If you have lots of tokens, which you probably do if you only have two nonhero, you take can take a gamble and invest on some ones with good traits instead of waiting for legendary.

While heroes are more powerful in general, a nonhero with the right traits can be invaluable.

The heroes you decide to roll on really depends on how you play. Are you okay with some of the less valuable heroes being at a lower level or do you want them all at a usable level for the distance/guild wars? I would recommend being conservative with radio calls for less valuable heroes (for example don’t blow 45 radios on Dwight and the next day have none for Survivalist Rick like I did this week-I had poor impulse control lol)

I would only spend gold on radios when I am close to the needed amount for a call I really want (13 or 14 when I need 15). Likewise I will only spend gold on hero tokens in trade goods if I am close to unlocking or upgrading (within 8 tokens as that is an investment of 105 gold) and ONLY for the most desired.
  • onesoulonesoul Member Posts: 90
    Better to farm them i believe. It can get very costly to use gold for them.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,122
    Something else to bear in mind is hard distance. You are going to need a capable rosta if heros and non heros to complete it. I'd say at least one good survivor with 4 desirable traits at 2 pink in each class to compliment your heros isn't a bad shout.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,020
    Why do you have to do one or the other? I agree, it's a good idea to save your radios for the dedicated hero calls. Certain heroes like Rick, Glenn, Sasha, Michonne and Morgan will carry you through many maps but it takes a lot of radios to get them up to scratch.

In the meantime you can rack up survivor tokens quite quickly if you buy them for trade goods. If you're ever in doubt about whether your survivors are worth investing in then share some screenshots in the strategy section, there are many helpful folk about to give their opinions :smile:
    tabernaccrambert_neccaptainjrlTJS
  • captainjrlcaptainjrl Member Posts: 31
    I> @WellyLuga said:
    > Why do you have to do one or the other? I agree, it's a good idea to save your radios for the dedicated hero calls. Certain heroes like Rick, Glenn, Sasha, Michonne and Morgan will carry you through many maps but it takes a lot of radios to get them up to scratch.
    >
    > In the meantime you can rack up survivor tokens quite quickly if you buy them for trade goods. If you're ever in doubt about whether your survivors are worth investing in then share some screenshots in the strategy section, there are many helpful folk about to give their opinions :smile:

The reason I asked was because I am so hero heavy, but that’s mostly due to not being able to find 4 star non heroes with very desireable traits. Should I focus my TG spending on Hero or non hero cards (or maybe something completely different)?
  • onesoulonesoul Member Posts: 90
    > @captainjrl said:
    > I> @WellyLuga said:
    > > Why do you have to do one or the other? I agree, it's a good idea to save your radios for the dedicated hero calls. Certain heroes like Rick, Glenn, Sasha, Michonne and Morgan will carry you through many maps but it takes a lot of radios to get them up to scratch.
    > >
    > > In the meantime you can rack up survivor tokens quite quickly if you buy them for trade goods. If you're ever in doubt about whether your survivors are worth investing in then share some screenshots in the strategy section, there are many helpful folk about to give their opinions :smile:
    >
    > The reason I asked was because I am so hero heavy, but that’s mostly due to not being able to find 4 star non heroes with very desireable traits. Should I focus my TG spending on Hero or non hero cards (or maybe something completely different)?
    >

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/350840#Comment_350840
    TJSBWilsWellyLugacaptainjrl