Who has time to play Guild Wars, The Challenge and the Distance?

Next Games has tried to do its best to reduce the amount of time playing TWD:NML. Now it is time to reconsider game playing time. Asking gamers to play The Challenge, two Distances, Daily Quests, Story lines, and Guild Wars is way overboard on time playing. Guild Wars takes serious time consideration. At least 45 minutes per sessions, 6 times over the weekend. NG is asking people to play almost all weekend long with little consideration to the impact to their customers.

A game is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, but the increased amount of time to be one's best needs serious adjustment. I understand this playing is a voluntary thing, but we need to retain, attract new players, and keep the ones that are active.

I seriously doubt I can play Guilds Wars again. I can't tel my family, not to distract me 6 hours over the weekend, just for Guild Wars. Besides, the weapons that are in the Guild War shop will eventually be for sale anyway.

Who else feels this game has take a step in the wrong direction for how much time it takes to play the game and maximize one's score? The only way to get the developers attention is to speak out.

Regards,

Moranga
Mavericks OG/NWO
Killdozer187_MystiqueTroublemakerBill_ZRTGoatKingmimicapsychwolfTCBRITOPandreqJadenromeoDanski_46msapaevKatz_Killers18ShadowWalkermihaitopirceanuStaryiNezoGunny_Highway

Comments

• Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 391
    edited January 2019
    I haven't played the distance in weeks and i have no plans on playing to rsl 40 every week, distance, guild wars. It's beyond too much and there's no way I can focus on playing all 3 at the same time.

Hey Morgan!

I didn't see it was you until I read the entire post. Hope you're getting along.
    MorangaromeoKatz_Killers18
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,194
    edited January 2019
    You could argue that if you can reach RSL40 every week, you don't need the distance anymore :wink:@Killdozer187_

I agree, I've almost stopped playing it these days. I pretty much just play it for the GW gas then leave it. I think it was hinted that NG was looking to further reduce the challenge grind, possibly with the removal of .3 rounds completely so that would help. It's not like they need a grindy challenge to ensure gas sales now they're raking it in with GW gas!
    TCBRITOMorangaDanski_46
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    It depends on what your expectations / guild's expectations are. As someone in a "middle tier" guild (I assume) I was OK to hit my 1100-1200 challenge points, almost complete the distance and take part in 3 x GW battles a day. That said, it needed some goodwill from my Mrs - and realistically I wouldn't be able to do that every GW weekend.

Not sure what NG can do about it tbh, other than drop an event - which would be highly unpopular.
    mack22
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,366
    Yeap.

This is not good.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    TCBRITOMoranga
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,252
    After this season it showed players where their guild could be. However, it could be a false reading still. Not many will fork out the GW gas again, and then maybe some will. I only know of one guild that unlocked the master tier rewards. They are some hard core killers. I know my guild lowered challenge stars during guild war weekends due to the time it took. 3hrs during the day to network and complete at minimum. For me personally I used the very last minute to battle scoring 700+ each battle and I used 35+ gas each battle. And yes that means I spent money on gas. That’s 50 minutes that I sat on couch or lated in bed to play; some battles back to back and others spread out during the day. Now that was my choice and my commitment to unlock the chain saw. Cost me money to even get and dang thing gets hung up on level 32 walkers. Like I need some better chain oil to prevent them walkers from jamming the chain. Wow, really all that money for an over priced item that my knifes can trump with ease. Plus playing at o’dark thirty worked out great for me. No ones up to bother me and the family does not even know dad is playing NMLGW.

imacharlie
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 391
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > You could argue that if you can reach RSL40 every week, you don't need the distance anymore :wink: @Killdozer187_
    >
    > I agree, I've almost stopped playing it these days. I pretty much just play it for the GW gas then leave it. I think it was hinted that NG was looking to further reduce the challenge grind, possibly with the removal of .3 rounds completely so that would help. It's not like they need a grindy challenge to ensure gas sales now they're raking it in with GW gas!

Prob not, I used to enjoy playing it though. Now it's more of a chore to obtain gas or let people down in the guild during gw week.
    psychwolfMorangaromeoAntony23
  • Katz_Killers18Katz_Killers18 Member Posts: 253
    My little ole Guild just can't compete, literally! First it's a "Challenge" just to get enough players signed up at the same time, then we don't even have the full 6 going into the battles, if we're lucky enough to unlock the gate!
    Then if I come here and request NG to consider modifications for the smaller Guilds, to be able to even think about participating, I get blasted by the hardcore players, telling me to stop whining and wanting NG to simplify things for us inferior players, and how we should be better with our communication and commitment, etc...
    Well I say,

bigbeanohaaron10
  • Katz_Killers18Katz_Killers18 Member Posts: 253
    So I won't offend the higher level, hardcore players that have been able to participate in the Guild Wars this is for you....
    CONGRATULATIONS!

mack22bigbeano
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 475
    Well your really not giving away more gas, we still have to use even more gold or money to play the game the right way, still in NGs favor not ours as usual
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    > @Metal said:
    > Well your really not giving away more gas, we still have to use even more gold or money to play the game the right way, still in NGs favor not ours as usual

Actually, having it available in the cinema is exactly what I’d consider “giving away more gas”! :wink:
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    romeo
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119
    @ShadowWalker Many players are in competitive Guilds that have established minimums. Many of these players also work during the week and get lots of their gameplay in on the weekend. I believe the complaints about too much to do refers to this...where players have committed to getting a certain number of Challenge stars each week. And to be able to play GW to the max, players must do the Distance.

I'm glad to see that the Devs are already looking at a fix since one will be needed for sure when comparing this Season to the last.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 475
    @Mystique yea and we’ll see how much is actually given there, I know it will be small. Is it that hard to give us something that benefits us for a change, how about 40 gas for supplies everytime it refreshes, 40 gas 500 Gold that’s what deals are, what’s coming out is really a tiny step
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 536
    @PigBenis

I definitely understand that players may only have time to play on the weekend. However, any self imposed minimum is entirely up to them and their guild. If it's too much of a commitment for one weekend then they should consider leaving that guild. The entire point of my post was that we all have more we would like to accomplish within the game, but we all have limited time and must choose how to spend it in the game and balance it with life's other obligations as well.

I am not against changes being made to lessen the grind, or perhaps to give more time for certain game modes. In fact, according to Kaz that's what they are working on next, so this entire conversation may be pointless and hopefully everyone can be pleased with any changes. However, there can always be negative consequences to making changes, and I would personally rather there be too much to play than not enough.
    fishy