Action Taken Towards Players Using Modified v3.0 Client

Comments

• JeongJeong Member Posts: 10
    I've also heard that many players use the hacked version of TWDNML. Someone in my country emerged as a high-level player. He has earned about 2300-2400 stars in average. However, he is proved to use the hacked version(unlimited moving). Nuts!!
    Thanks Kaz. Please prevent them from using the cheats again.
  • mags521mags521 Member Posts: 7
    > @avelardez said:
    > My hack on the chain saw. Its the up, up, down, down, hack, hack version. One hit kills even on retaliation. Takes damage tho and cost me gold so I need the update. Don’t tell NG!
    >
    >
    >

Isn’t it up, up, down, down, left, right, ba start...oh contra😂😂😂😂
    romeo
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 608
    Oh myyy.. super contra
    Best childhood games
    vshield50
  • AndreaAndrea Member Posts: 704
    Well...anyway...i find 1 name in a global leaderboard that makes no stars in the last 3 days...
    Just sayng... >:)
    xbamfxGovernatorvshield50
    Yes @Cronus :D ...i'm a bad guy... but i can't says his name o:) o:)
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    edited February 11
    It will be easy to tell who has been banned this week. You will see a 0 for this week's Challenge star totals set beside each of those players' names.

We should probably set aside judgement until then.

Some think their progress should be reSET

Did I win anything because I also found ways to "cleverly" use the word "set" to identify the player?
    Black Labs Matter.
    1RisAndrea
    When you click on their name it will have a total for this week's Challenge total. It will say 0 all week. Less work than having to constantly compare scores throughout the week to see if they have moved.
    Black Labs Matter.
    That sucks. Someone start the log! Sure it's been started already...
    Black Labs Matter.
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,354
    I think we had people do that already for the global board after bans were issued. Only the one name stopped getting stars.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 976
    My mom went to college so.........
    1Risvshield50
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,946
    edited February 11
    Joking aside how long are people able to use these hacks before they are identified? Is there anything we can do within our own guilds besides monitoring chat and scores?

Also @Kaz , many of us would like to know who the guilty parties are in part so we can make sure our guilds are not associated with this kind of behavior. If someone uses hacks to cheat and they join our guild (unbeknownst to me but perhaps known to others), I would not want my guild to be known as a guild who supports C2P players. I am sure you cannot (or will not) share names but figured I would share the impact it has.

I am sure we will do our own research to identify the C2P on our own but hopefully if we have special events in the future (like Nation Wars), NG will be supportive of checking all the members involved before, during and at the conclusion of the event; removing all those who are using C2P tactics from play.
    guido
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,056
    Love all this drama. Players revolting and NG nerfing. GW is some much fun. I get to read all the mishaps and pray and hope it does not happen to me. So far seen small issues but none like what’s been posted. NG should have left my TeamGW concept alone and not try to fix it over few complaints. It’s not an exploit just use of the permissions given. The developers should hire people like me to really test the heck out of it. We get to the root of the issue with no hacking involved.

Just as the clearly labeled wrestler trait 100% kills and 100% interrupt years ago. Sad I can say that. NG in all its grand wisdom nerded something they gave us. The rules clearly stated you can spectate you get gas for it and now all of a sudden it was not to happen. Heck it was even advertised as such. Now were we not to get RPs for it too?

Anyhow, what ever code changes and setting changes made to GW just put back. I know you can. Remember that Tank stun ability someone forgot to set back in 2016. I remember it. Had several pics of my bruisers stunning tanks on chapter 14 nightmare mode. Even freemen on trevese stunned the tanks. Also remember that July 4 special some left opened and forgot to limit to one buy? I bought 12 slots. Then then them others that happened.
    Andy_b
    > @Andrea said:
    > Well...anyway...i find 1 name in a global leaderboard that makes no stars in the last 3 days...
    > Just sayng... >:)

Someone send me the name I’ll drop it. I follow people who come up so quickly. Heck I took 6 months off and was on global leaderboard now I can’t touch it. So been around with all these old school killers who earned it out right.
    Andreatdiddy
    > @Andrea said:
    > Yes @Cronus :D ...i'm a bad guy... but i can't says his name o:) o:)

Did @Guapo come back? Just whisper to me if he is involved again so we have someone to blame for all this madness 😎🤗😇
    Andreabigbeano
  • guidoguido Member Posts: 93
    This wouldn’t be a big deal if it was an exploit of a glitch that everyone could have had the opportunity to use. These players changed the physics of the game to gain an unfair advantage over us all.

Is it that these players are big spenders and ng are worried about losing revenue? I’m no big spender on this game, but when I do get a spare bit of cash I get the odd gas booster or bundle to try to improve my progress and be more competitive.

What’s the point when you are up against people that are happy to cheat and all they get is a slap on the wrist. For the time being my wallet is closed,
    vshield50bigbeano
    Well, what can I say? ... I can give an example to explain my thoughts. When it is discovered with the stolen goods in hand you can do two things: admit the theft or have valid reasons to explain the facts! Now here the theft is moral, if you have reached the top but you are not clean you can only wait for justice to take its course and step aside waiting for the sentence. I am convinced that they will not set foot in this game, shame will have the upper hand. This is life, honest and scammers will always have two different points of view. We think about our honest path and we move forward. I apologize if I tried to spy .... but this is also in human nature. We leave the role of the executioner to NG, they will know what to do! A good evening to all, Andrea
    1RisTJS
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 319
    avelardez said:

My hack on the chain saw. Its the up, up, down, down, hack, hack version. One hit kills even on retaliation. Takes damage tho and cost me gold so I need the update. Don’t tell NG!

Beware @avelardez one day you might encounter Chuck

1RisavelardezGovernator
  • tjhookrtjhookr Member Posts: 43
    I don't think the 2 week ban is that lenient, as I understand the the hacked client helped them get much more stars more easily, so what they gained was a huge chunk of tg and some extra hero and class tokens, right?
    well counting only the tg that they would get from the outpost they are going to lose out of 23520 free tg, and the net of 2 ch, gw, 4 distance
    and they are going to be closely watched from now on
    I believe in second chances so if they are going to play nice from now on then why not let them return, if they haven't learned their lesson then permaban is coming on second strike ...
    but make the next 2 weekend events extra good just to make sure it hurts :)
    1RisTCBRITO
    > @TJS said:
    > > @avelardez said:
    > > The rules clearly stated you can spectate you get gas for it and now all of a sudden it was not to happen. Heck it was even advertised as such.
    >
    > Where on earth are you reading these rules you say clearly state this? Advertised where?

Last War it said that in the rules on the guild war. I am searching for some pics. You spectate and got 5 gals back plus some of the RPs.
    xiaofei66
    > @Cronus said:
    > Actually instead of a ban they should be forced to play Guild Wars. Spend money, use up gas, spend gold, get no rewards.
    >
    > Wait a second, was I banned this weekend and never informed?
    CronusGovernatorAndrea