Improving your damage

CallasCallas Member Posts: 31
A lot of players cannot fund continual weapon improvements. I'm at level 66, with all my regularly used characters at level 23. My lowest level character is level 20. All of my level 23's have legendary equipment, fully upgraded and badged as well as I can manage. I played in a battle on GW and got slaughtered by a human enemy at level 24. To compete, I have to save up 20M food to upgrade my Council, then upgrade the Training Grounds and Workshop. This will add some improvements to each character but the weapons start to become obsolete.
How about a system where a character/weapon combination could gain additional damage points. The improvement would only apply to the particular combination. Say for example, your best assault/light machine gun. If another character was given the LMG, the weapon defaults back to it's record with that player.
I was thinking maybe 1 damage point per 50 kills. This would also reflect a character that becoming more proficient with the weapon, as would be expected. It would avoid players having to pay to continually upgrade their weapons.

Comments

• PandreqPandreq Member Posts: 207
    Sorry, I know where you’re coming from, but that isn’t going to happen. Fact is - NG rely on purchases to fund the continued development of the game.

I also don’t spend money on the game. It used to frustrate me that I couldn’t keep up with the big spenders. But you just have to accept that you can’t and enjoy the game for what it is. I have had hundreds and hundreds of hours play for nothing so I have learned to look at it that way.

Without those costly purchases, we wouldn’t have a game at all to play, or if we did, it wouldn’t have anywhere near as many features.

Good luck with your continued development. Enjoy your walker hunting 😎
    Founding Member of ELITE KILLERS guild family
    Leader of “EK Casual” guild
    Long-Standing opponent of The Grind
  • CallasCallas Member Posts: 31
    Thanks for your views, Pandreq.
    I don't think that it would stop people spending. There will always be players who will pay to stay at the cutting edge. This suggestion is for people, like yourself, who choose not to pay.
    It would be reasonable to assume that, in the real world, continued use of something would improve your efficiency with it. Why not allow that to occur in this computer world. It would take quite a bit of time to actually get any benefit from 1 point per 50 kills, yet it gives the lower level or less financial player an opportunity and incentive to improve their game play.
    Even making it 1 point per 100 kills would still work for me.
    Pandreq