Issue with Whisperer to Freemen Reveal

@kaz @Shteevie

So I just gotta know? Does decicated skin masks act as 100% damage reduction armor?

If you damage a whisperer they should incur damage while being revealed, not POOF turn into full health freemen...logical right?

...Just cause whisperers’ are wearing some extra skin that’s going to work as damage proof armor on the first hit in this game? Is this by design?

I would suggest maybe looking into changing this....of course, whenever it makes the most sense after your Monday morning NG developing team meeting as to how to compensate players for dealing with recent guild war issues after guild war bugs were supposedly “fixed” and obviously weren’t.

Guts & Glory

Not always in that order.
Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
mimicaKarajocaSPC_TORRESCronusJTannerKyrusShadowWalkerxbamfxmsapaevcrambert_necbigbeanoDanski_46DonCoquiekimhclew

Comments

• afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 496
    Exactly my point and issue..
    vshield50
    It’s friggin magical skin armor
    NerfZone1871RisAlexFiliUKvshield50
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 433
    @1Ris this is going to be a lit thread i feel it 😂
    1RisTJSafroponix
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,347
    Used 2 bruiser for 2 trials. The whisperers stayed stunned.
    suzequeueRealClareB
  • KazKaz Community Manager Posts: 1,423
    edited February 11
    I see... that's a valid point. The whisperers are only in the Season Missions so they shouldn't have a great impact in the game. I'll bring this up and see if that's part of the design or what we can do before we add them to different kind of missions.

Thanks for the feedback!
    AlexFiliUKBWilsDonCoqui
  • TripodTripod Member Posts: 109
    > @zbot said:
    > Used 2 bruiser for 2 trials. The whisperers stayed stunned.

Maybe after their invincible skin fell off, but not before that. First attack only takes away their skin, still waiting to hear from anyone if this is normal op for whisperers @Kaz ?
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,347
    Tip: Charge up the bruiser...
    anthony172romeo
  • TripodTripod Member Posts: 109
    Was gonna disagree @zbot , but I only tried it twice with 2 Charged up assaults. So will try bruisers next. So far nothing happens to any whisperers until their skin comes off, and that's the first hit and a waste of a charge.
    Governator
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,345
    edited February 11
    Isn’t that part of the strategy behind them though? They reveal themselves when alerted or attacked.. so a ranged weapon wouldn’t alert them first.. if you use 1 AP and alert them they drop the skin then you can stun them!

That’s always how I thought it was intended to be!

Edit: Made a short clip in slow-mo so you can see when attacking with melee, they are alerted and drop their skin before the attack.. so the attack can then damage them! Or stun with a bruiser as @zbot pointed out!

⚔️Leader - TheHerdReturned⚔️
    1Ris
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 110
    edited February 11
    Also it seems that Whisperers reveal themselves if a Walker next to them is attacked. This doesn't make much sense, since it's suppose to be a disguise and they wouldn't react just because a Walker was attacked. For example, I attacked one Walker with Daryl, then all 3 Whisperers revealed themselves, all the remaining Walkers then attacked the Whisperers. While this makes the map easier, it's not what I expect from Whisperers. I would think they would only reveal themselves if they are directly attacked or if they attack you.

@Kaz is this how Whisperers are intended to act, or is this a glitch too?

Edit: Also to add on, I agree with the original post that Freemen should be taking damage when they are first hit, at the very least a body shot. Personally I don't mind if they aren't stunned, that can be an added "oh sh*t, I fu***d up" moment while playing the game. That can make it more entertaining and force more strategic moves.
    afroponix
  • OldweirdeddieOldweirdeddie Member Posts: 1,123
    I had hoped the introduction of the Whisperers would help balance game play (now heavily skewered to melee) without nerfing; instead they give me another reason to leave my range team on the bench & only use RGG/SR/bruiser.
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 819
    @ShadowWalker damn you messed up my Daryl strategy lmfao 🤣 shoot those stupid whisperers and let the walkers have some nom noms
    1Ris
    like someone said above I agree, I just don’t get how a bullet shot wouldn’t at least give them body shot damage instead of nothing at all besides freemen reveal.

I’m going to see what happens with using the rpg on them on first hit and setting them on fire....freemen in walker skin or not the rpg should do damage on the first pre reveal hit, as well as fire.

If fire can hurt me when I’m using a spear on a lit up enemy it sure as hell should hurt unrevealed freemen in whisperer skin pre reveal.
    ShadowWalker
    Yep they don’t take any damage from RPG pre reveal....Rocket Propelled Grenade, mind you.
    xbamfxShadowWalker
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,860
    They behave weirdly...

I remembered that I had instances where they got damage and where didn't.

So I tried again - shot them with Governor from the right side, not revealed before, and they got damaged.

That's from two different accounts but that is how it looked like before and after, same thing on both (just forgot to screenshot the damage done on the 21s account so that's why there's the 23s account as well).

Maybe someone can test if it works for them, too, shooting unrevealed ones from the left side with an assault...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
  • PittKCfanPittKCfan Member Posts: 15
    In overwatch i shot one, they revealed as human, walker attacked the human who took damage, then the walker who attacked the human revealed as a human. So on my overwatch a whisperer attacked another whisperer.
    ShadowWalkerCaptainslayermarie1980ekimhclew
    Why do they take off the skin tho? I would like the fighting walker image more so than the bullshit same ol freemen
    ShadowWalkerafroponix
    They have Winslow and metal head they should have alpha and beta sometimes with their Walker skin whisperer
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 110
    @Kaz

Thanks for the clarification. However, I find it a little ironic considering what happened on the TV show.

***SPOILERS*** (sorry I don't know how to hide text on this forum)

Jesus got stabbed because he didn't see the Whisperer coming, despite walking up to him. Meanwhile, Daryl shot a Whisperer in the leg, revealing him as a human and dealing damage, and as a result he became zombie chow.

*** END OF SPOILERS***

It seems their behavior in the game is the exact opposite of what you would expect. Obviously the show and game are their own separate realms, and certain game mechanics aren't going to be realistic (like hunters mowing down a mob of Walkers with one shot or RPGs not blowing up their targets). Personally, I still think it would be best if Whisperers are revealed only when they're attacked and on their turn when they attack us. Revealing them when we get close means that any Walkers near them will attack them, since Walkers move before human enemies. If they do reveal themselves when we get close, then I think it would be better if that reveal is done on the start of their turn.
    TCBRITOekimhclewafroponix
  • Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 184
    I am seeing the Whisperers as having a different ‘ring’ around them that identifies them as not normal walkers. Don’t know if that means anything to gameplay, just saying.
    Kazmsapaev
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,116
    Good spot @raven2318 does kind of ruin the fact they are meant to be hidden. @kaz maybe worth mentioning that to devs before it spoils any future missions.
    Kaz
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,765
    The whisperers start of aggressive, while the non-whisperers are wandering. If either of them would change initial status, they would blend in.
    msapaevromeoFirekid
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,116
    I didn't know that the ring for wandering was different!! Thanks @jimmorrison369
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 262
    Raven2318 said:

I am seeing the Whisperers as having a different ‘ring’ around them that identifies them as not normal walkers. Don’t know if that means anything to gameplay, just saying.

Good eye @Raven2318 I thought I it looked different but couldn't really tell. Did notice on at least a couple of the missions I studied their movement seemed different while stationary. Regular walkers was kind of swaying around while the whisperers was more steady. That may have just been coincidence on the couple I watched.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family