Radioactive Radio Event Needs Some Plutonium Stat!

vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,690
@Vane,

I do like the Radioactive event in theory but IMO the event has turned into a less distant cousin of "Jokepot". Not there yet but getting close!

I understand that NG was concerned about the game economy when the Radioactive event was actually worth scavenging on a booster for a day or 2 but as it is, there is no ambition for me to push further in the challenge or boost to scavenge for radios.

I saw that the increase chance brought single radio drops up to 15%, silver crates to 8% and gold to 6% (I believe).

May you please either increase the amount of radios we can get in crates to 2, 4 and 6 like previous events or increase the chances a bit so the silver and gold crates match the regular crates? Or do both and make the Radioactive event great again? 😁
jjjj4473xbamfxKyrustristaniztabernacfearofthedarkDrUnpleasantbigbeanoromeoanthony172TCBRITOMystique1RisErmaksRaven2318DBonesRenopwns

Comments

• SamstownSamstown Member Posts: 53
    Agree
    vshield50romeoGovernator
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,398
    edited February 19
    Whilst I would love more radios, if dropping the amount means more frequency then I'm okay with that. You do get noticeably more radios so it's a nice event for me. For my first year of playing the game I never saw a radio event, the only reason I knew it existed was because the players would be asking for it constantly :lol:

Since they made the change there's been 6-8?
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    1Ris
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,113
    nothing wrong with the event how it is now. It's a 400 odd phone boost for casual/minimum grinding or 900 odd for hardcore grinding. I'd take that 6 times a year over the previous version twice a year.
    MFJigsawRenopwns
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,678
    Nice try lol 😀
  • fearofthedarkfearofthedark Member Posts: 17
    Before i joined a guild, i got 200 phones in radio weekend and i didn't play challenge at all. All I did was Tara and the beach. It's all about the loading time, same thing as in GW, i have android and it's freakin slow to play the missions.
    Really? Was just running Tara's while watching tv in the evening and they racked up pretty quick. Don't think I spent more time playing it than I usually do. I suppose it depends on what you call the grind then. So my partner who got to 849, now that's a grind!
    jimmorrison369
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 486
    Back in the good old days with double radios I'd put in the extra grind and could rack up 400-600 in a day or two. With the current event I probably got around 80-120 but I clearly didn't put in the grind, because the drop rate wasn't worth it.

Maybe 400 was do-able because of the extended event length, but I'm fairly certain that would have needed a lot of luck or quite a bit of grind.
    Kyrusromeo1Risbigbeano
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,690
    @jrodrf2
    >
    > Not that I wouldn't LOVE more phones, if I remember correctly the event was changed to its current state so that it could be run more frequently. In it's previous incarnation (increased odds of finding radios + increased radios in each crate) the event was only occuring twice per year. With the current setup, they are running it much more often - I promise you more than 4 times in the past year - which translates to more phones in the long run. Yeah, you'll see a smaller haul each time it's run, but I say it's worth it.

Please help me understand why having the radio events spread out is better in the long run? I mean going off the extreme here I guess we could technically have a Radioactive event 52 times a year each of which give slightly more than normal but equal to one event with the preface of more radios over time. We would have no other events but I go to the extreme here to explain my position.

If we had 1 kick ass event it would have a WOW factor even if less frequent. Then we could decide if we should buy a booster or use gold to farm. We would also have other events in place of multiple radioactive events. My 2 pennies.
    MystiqueromeoJaden1Ris
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 501
    Grinded friday-sunday and got less than 400 radios is way to low. If it wasn’t for stabby rick i would not had done it. Just missed the old double radio event so much for the whole weekend coz it worth the time spent. Please bring it back
    vshield50Danski_46
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,398
    @vshield50 I understand the points, but what if the once a year awesome double radio event happened to fall on a weekend where you were busy and couldn't play? I also find excessive scavenging soul destroying, so if it was in the old setting I would feel obligated to double boost and play until my fingers bled for the majority of the weekend. Then comes the self loathing :lol:

I don't know, the term 'everything in moderation' springs to mind here :smile:
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    jimmorrison369DodkongJenng
  • RealClareBRealClareB Member Posts: 121
    Also, more boosters are likely to be sold the more often the event is held.
    Currently guild-less.
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > @vshield50 I understand the points, but what if the once a year awesome double radio event happened to fall on a weekend where you were busy and couldn't play? I also find excessive scavenging soul destroying, so if it was in the old setting I would feel obligated to double boost and play until my fingers bled for the majority of the weekend. Then comes the self loathing :lol:
    >
    > I don't know, the term 'everything in moderation' springs to mind here :smile:

Very good points here and I validate them. They lead into my next declaration.

I believe NG holds weekend events to stimulate people logging in and spending over the weekend. If the event is awesome, it may prompt Jack not to climb his beanstalk or for Jane to turn off reruns of Golden Girls and instead logon to NML for the awesome radio event.

I think the point is for the weekend event to sway people into playing over the weekend (feeding into our obsessions so to speak). Events like Jokepot had to be buffed because people saw it as a non motivator and over time the larger customer base saw it as a non motivator as well...

The point is to be stimulated enough to adjust plans or make time to logon to the game instead. I for one would adjust plans and play as much as I can for the original Radioactive event but the current one I would not spend a dime on gold or boosters to farm. I didn't this week and would not have regardless of the free booster offered. And I do spend on the game.
    romeo
    > @RealClareB said:
    > Also, more boosters are likely to be sold the more often the event is held.

I agree if the event is buffed as described or somewhere close. As the event is now as I currently know it I see it as a non event. I would not boost for it just collect a few more radios during play.

Just saying some or many will not boost every radioactive event as it is especially knowing what we had before.
    romeo
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 486
    At the end of the day, it'll come down to the $$$ maths. I think it's been explained before by the dev/community team that the old style double radio event was pretty bad for their balance sheet / in game economy. After all, why pay $10 for 60 radios when you could get a gas booster and grind 500 or more?

Yeah, sucks for us - but I'd probably rather have NG not go bankrupt on balance.
    vshield50
    > @DrUnpleasant said:
    > At the end of the day, it'll come down to the $$$ maths. I think it's been explained before by the dev/community team that the old style double radio event was pretty bad for their balance sheet / in game economy. After all, why pay $10 for 60 radios when you could get a gas booster and grind 500 or more?
    >
    > Yeah, sucks for us - but I'd probably rather have NG not go bankrupt on balance.

I agree but I think a buff in amount of radios that can be earned on this event is a must in order for the event to remain relevant. Either increase chances across silver and gold crates OR an increase in number of radios in crates would be a good balance before Radioactive becomes viewed as a non motivator (which can cause financial issues as well).
    1Ris
    > @Samstown said:
    > Agree

Well said @Samstown . I like your style 😉😊😁😆
    Governator
    So others weren't seeing the sort of returns I was? is that the luck of the draw or what? I love radioactive and do buy a boost to make the most of it. yes obviously i would like double radios but if I can get 400-600 every 5/6 weeks I'm also very happy at that.
    xbamfxRealClareB
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,303
    I finished the Challenge early on Thursday. Switched over to Beach Life and pretty much did that until Friday night when I cashed in the NG gift to knock out The Distance. It was a very grindy 4 days and I felt burned out. But, I ended up with nearly 1000 radios netted. Now, I can go back into hibernation for the next one. LOL
    SCBMAJenngTHCross
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,020
    edited February 19
    @Vane Maybe the best thing to do isn't to double the radios further during the event. Maybe the answer is to have at least double tokens provided for all calls during an event and run special calls with tokens for heroes that are in high demand. Suggestion:

Run Radioactive event as it currently is 6-8 times per year. During that weekend, also double tokens for ALL radio calls. During the same weekend, allow double tokens for scrapping survivors. Have bundles in the shop with 2x the normal amount of phones AND hero tokens. And now here's the real kicker...hold on tight to your seats for this one...

In the TG shop allow players to spend 15 phones for example to receive 50 tokens for a specific hero. Have 4-5 offers up at each refresh with maybe a hero of the day appearing in each refresh while the other 3-4 are swapped out. Watch booster sales jump! I didn't even bother playing extra during the recent Radioactive event. I would have boosted for an event described as above however. As already mentioned...the more a player levels up their survivors the harder it is to get them to the next level due to so many tokens being required. It's to the point that I believe many don't buy boosters because they realize they'd have to grind for so many events to obtain a decent amount of phones only to have green goblins and Bullet Dodge laden survivors fill the screen. Rather disappointing. Having some control over what tokens are earned (my phones as currency in TG shop idea) would likely gone long way in rejuvenating interest in this event. Just my two cents.
    Black Labs Matter.
    vshield501Ris
  • PandreqPandreq Member Posts: 178
    Don’t want to deviate away from the point of this thread - but can I just ask what is the thing about Tara’s Beach Life mission? Is it just because it’s quick to play? So good for farming when on a booster?
    Founding Member of ELITE KILLERS guild family
    Leader of “EK Casual” guild
    Long-Standing opponent of The Grind