Duration of battle time GW

TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 116
edited February 22 in Guild Wars Discussion
Clearly we see different response times and loading times for a variety of reasons, such as cell types, Android or iO versions, internet connection speed ...

To balance things more, and the GW battle be really a force and strategy dispute, I think it could be increased the length of combat time, 50 minutes is little for players who have connection problems or not so modern phones.

But I think we could have a good time with a 50-minute increase for 1 hour and 30 minutes of battles, and new battles starting every 2 hours .

1 hour and 30 minutes would be the ideal time to balance the battles.

What do you think of the idea?

@Vane , is this possible?
S100200johnnytKd_TeenahGeeCaptainslayerLucasMcCainmaku11vshield50romeopositiveLargeDrhooKirnasp_herianrebecca38341884marie1980Kyrus

Comments

• vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,695
    edited February 22
    > @TCBRITO said:
    > Clearly we see different response times and loading times for a variety of reasons, such as cell types, Android or iO versions, internet connection speed ...
    >
    > To balance things more, and the GW battle be really a force and strategy dispute, I think it could be increased the length of combat time, 50 minutes is little for players who have connection problems or not so modern phones.
    >
    > I think we could have a good time with a 50-minute increase for 1 hour and 30 minutes of battles, and new battles starting every 2 hours .
    >
    > 1 hour and 30 minutes would be the ideal time to balance the battles.
    >
    > What do you think of the idea?
    >
    > @Vane , is this possible?

@TCBRITO I sent you a PM in reference to your post.

Not sure how extending the battle would be beneficial all around. I get where you going with it but then gas would be a killer and 2 hours straight would be a bit much for some on scheduling.
    TCBRITOmihaitopirceanu
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 229
    i don't want to play it 6hrs let alone 12.
    ShadowWalker
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 507
    There a lot of problems that I can presume are connection related, server load, android/IOS speed, and length of missions or having to do all the missions just to find the enemy vs just one or two. The current time limit is fine and see no need to increase that, but shortening some missions would certainly speed things up. Why the need to search for clues in all crates, or take multiple turns to open a gate? Some missions take so long to get to the other end it's like doing complete round in a challenge. Shorten the missions so that any mission can be completed by the average player in a reasonable time. All the different connection variables can't be fixed for everyone, but making the game at least user friendly would help.

Kudos to the High Level Pink Star gurus that can blow through these missions while eating a snack!
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 287
    Funnily enough I'd much prefer to reduce the battle time to 20 minutes with a 10 minute sign up. Selfishly, this would allow me to play more battles without needing to sacrifice more of my life to this game than I already do.
  • MindsingerMindsinger Member Posts: 2
    GW needs to be spread out during the week so guilds can make up their own mind when they can play.weekends are the worst time for many.