Distance Mode Scheduling Discussion & Poll

VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 227
Hello hello,

Since the Guild Wars were introduced to NML, we have received a lot of concerns from individual players and whole guilds regarding the timing of game modes, especially on the weekend, when Challenge, Distance and Guild Wars all happen at the same time. This can of course cause a lot of burnout, especially for very active players.

In order to kick this off, I am now initiating this preliminary poll to see what are your guys preferences regarding the Distance mode timing. Starting now with the Distance because it is likely the easiest mode to move around, as it based on personal completion and not tied to any social parts, unlike Guild Wars and Challenges. Cannot guarantee that something can be done based solely on the results of the poll, but it does help us to see your side of things and understand which direction it is better to head into.

Please feel free to share your opinions also in the thread here, as we want to hear as much info from you as possible! :)

Short introduction of options:
1) Basically one Distance running when Challenge is not running
2) Same as 1, but twice more Distances, for 1 Distance to complete per day (2 with restarts)
3) Similar to current setup, but instead prolonging the timers for more flexibility to play - for people who cannot play on Mon-Tue to be able to play the Distance on the weekend
4) Same as now
5) Share your idea here

Distance Mode Scheduling Discussion & Poll 183 votes

1 Distance per week, 48 hours long, from Monday to Wednesday
34%
Pain Walker8900rpmCarl_s_HatMikiBuckzzWindWalkerMystiqueAndreaKyrusJayZTroublemakerjimmydawisep_herianKirnasAncartoI3IG_DAVEMaD VapoRvshield50rebecca38341884Pbg 64 votes
2 Distances per week, each 24 hours long, one on Monday, one on Tuesday
18%
JuliaCamel56TheCrabPicGeneral_QuatreJTannerFABER_87Dragonfyreads888clausLenepositiveanthony172and98ADPaqmarie1980TeenahGeeJoeSmartjjjj4473msapaevDeathwish19 33 votes
2 Distances per week, each 48 hours long, one on Monday-Tuesday, one on Saturday-Sunday
36%
pirate1125zeeblackatrainofficialLokianJerryDixonGovernatorkmrGothgulMortmerS100200FrankoZardoxMarleen83Captainslayerwrinkled_bagbladgierATLAS-ZThe_JerekimhclewArtminius 67 votes
No changes, staying with the current schedule
3%
TransmuteJunReeconnJenngTheWizEdPablo72scooners 6 votes
Your own idea for scheduling it, please mention it in the thread!
7%
Bill_ZRTcrambert_necJadentallinieJackBauerSCBMAMacVJ_LawafroponixPigBenisTheKingoldTomDSShadowWalker 13 votes
SPC_TORRESSCBMAGovernatorJenngTHCrossJediMasterYodaBWils

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,069
    2 Distances per week, each 48 hours long, one on Monday-Tuesday, one on Saturday-Sunday
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > 1 distance with a free reset.
    >
    > I think this is the best suggestion. Have it run when nothing else is happening in the game and grant one free reset and 2 further for 400 gold per run. You could even sell a small bundle with a 24 hour gas booster and 800 gold to go along with it.

Problem is, with a poll, all your extra text is easily overlooked and just the poll result noted.

If free reset was included I'd vote for option one.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    romeo
    edited February 2019
    I like the option I finally selected here...
    It's basically the same as now, but with more time (extra day) to finish.

Lower pressure, Good option.

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    No_NameRenopwnsWaltz46n2DBones
  • suzequeuesuzequeue Member Posts: 153
    edited February 2019
    Edit
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 391
    1 distance per week and dbl the rewards or add refreshed rewards like some phones other tokens etc.
    aquilaNezoVane
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > I like the option I finally selected here...
    > It's basically the same as now, but with more time (extra day) to finish.
    >
    > Lower pressure, Good option.
    >
    >

or run it once per week with 2x the rewards

same difference imo.
    romeoVane
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 628
    edited February 2019
    There are some problems with all of these:

1. What about people who can only play on the weekends? They will now miss out on the Distance. Also, extending the time takes away from the challenge of completing the Distance in a certain amount of time.

2. Again people who only have time on the weekend will miss out. Also doing 2-4 Distances within 48 hour is a bit much and too repetitive in my opinion. It will basically become way too grindy like the challenge.

3. Of these proposals this is the best one. Everyone should have a chance to play and they will have more time to play. The only downside is taking away from the difficulty of the Distance.

4. Clearly something should change, since many players are complaining about getting burned out. Personally I would recommend therapy for them, but I am sure NG will come up with a solution.

Right now I am leaning towards @Jaden idea.

Run the Distance for a week and give a free reset, allow players to restart twice for 400 gold. I would add that once you start you should have only 24 hours to complete each Distance you play. This allows us to play the same amount as we currently play, without decreasing the difficulty, while allowing players to complete the Distance when they have the time to play.
    Michonor23Vane
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    This option please!
    romeojimmorrison369vshield50Vane
  • No_NameNo_Name Member Posts: 7
    The 2 per week w/ extended time to finish I feel would be the best option: this way your potential for farming tokens, RedGas, frags/comps stays the same but with a bit less stress on the time factor & less potential for burn-out.
    Vane
    > @Killdozer187_ said:
    > > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > > I like the option I finally selected here...
    > > It's basically the same as now, but with more time (extra day) to finish.
    > >
    > > Lower pressure, Good option.
    > >
    > >
    >
    > or run it once per week with 2x the rewards
    >
    > same difference imo.

No way they would do that lol

But if they did HELL yeah

But no way it's gonna happen

romeoKilldozer187_Vane
  • pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 340
    Extra days would be nice but priority number 1 needs to be fix or scrap Glitch Wars. Theres no reason why it shouldn't work by now
    ShadowWalkerromeo
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 283
    #1 is good, Danski's idea is better. In my opinion, 2 distances per week from sunday to wednesday would be even better.
    Vane
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,553
    @vane would like some clarification on how rewards would be affected with option 1. If it's 1 set of normal rewards then that's an absolute no go for me. Double or increased rewards then probably my favourite option.
    TCBRITOPigBenismimicaVane
  • No_NameNo_Name Member Posts: 7
    > @Jaden said:
    > Now if only they could make it easier to swap out equipment between survivors...
    >
    > And what I suggested as well. So I guess there are a lot of players thinking the same thing. ;)
    >
    > Also, I made a suggestion for preset teams including the option to set gear to be used. Would eliminate the need for swapping entirely if we had enough "team slots", otherwise would at limit it a bit.
    >
    > Hope they also change gear swapping in general (or if there will not be the team option, then at least gear swapping - it's so damn tedious...).

Yes! "Team slots" 100%
    mimicaVane
  • CarolFreakHouseCarolFreakHouse Member Posts: 10
    I like the idea of 1 distance, and the bonus of a free reset idea, thank you to the person who suggested that!
    J_LawVane
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,420
    PigBenis said:

Now if only they could make it easier to swap out equipment between survivors...

To be fair, looking back over this old post of mine from November 2016, it's nice to see the changes that have been implemented... Too bad this gear swap one wasn't! Also, +1 for team swap for sure!
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

JadenPigBenisVane
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > > @Killdozer187_ said:
    > > > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > > > I like the option I finally selected here...
    > > > It's basically the same as now, but with more time (extra day) to finish.
    > > >
    > > > Lower pressure, Good option.
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > > or run it once per week with 2x the rewards
    > >
    > > same difference imo.
    >
    > No way they would do that lol
    >
    > But if they did HELL yeah