Flaming Crossbow Pistol

@Vane why do the hunter weapons get all the incendiary love? I know there's the flare gun and winter flare gun but if you're going to offer a crossbow pistol then why can't you make it more like its hunter version big brother? What I have created below would be a fantastic shooter weapon very much in-line with the hunter versions available. So since it is shooter week, why not bring the idea forward?

Commercial Photography

P.S. I had suggested to @Kaz several times a great bruiser weapon would be Morgan's Staff with gold razor/concussion with silver tactical. I have it and it is a fantastic combo. I hope the sales were good (I'd buy it again). I think this shooter weapon would be a revenue generator too.
TCBRITOLieutenantMarshDanski_46SCBMAJadenKyruszeekdogWellyLugamimicaSPC_TORRESWhoareyoutallinieBWilsmsapaev

Comments

• LieutenantMarshLieutenantMarsh Member Posts: 10
    Cool, this makes me wanna make a tier of specialty weapons, like S-Tier would be the 4 trait weapons; Scoped 9mm, Bow, Flaming Crossbow.
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 261
    > @PigBenis said:
    > Can we change it instead to one of those T-shirt launching cannons? I suppose the shirts could be flaming.

The can cannon for assault characters.
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,090
    So today as I excitedly perused the Bundle Shop, scrolling across the offers....2, 3, 4....7 and there it is! The Marksman Bundle with the weapon I had been requesting. I opened the bundle and tapped to see the weapon traits only to see....wah wah wah waaaaaah. It was only the Crossbow Pistol, completely absent of flames. I kind of felt like this:

@Vane you guys need the revenue. Make this one happen.
    romeoSPC_TORRES
  • afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
    Flaming crossbow weapon...it’s called the flare gun..
    Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,860
    Yeah and I’d be happy with a flare gun in the bundle shop. Only time I’ve seen it recently is where it’s bundled with loads of other weapons but the other weapons have random traits!
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,826
    I'd rather they added a summer bow, same traits and added tactical/silent shot with the built in passive fire damage that it's big brother flaming crossbow has on top. Make it happen!
    TCBRITODanski_46
    afroponix said:

Flaming crossbow weapon...it’s called the flare gun..

That's like saying the Flaming Crossbow is the same as the Explosive Prison Rifle.

1. 4 trait weapon vs. 3 trait weapon
    2. Passive incendiary not impacted by luck vs. Incendiary trait impacted by luck

Plus the weapon traits in the Flaming Crossbow Pistol above give out maximum amount of charged damage for a high powered shooter weapon.

@WellyLuga , yeah I'd take that bow That would be special x2!.
    romeoBWils
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    pew pew pew
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 320
    Cronus said:

I still think this is a great idea. I wonder if anyone at NG ever saw this?

• MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 320
    > @Cronus said:
    > > @MudMoccasin said:
    > > (Quote)
    > > (Image)
    >
    > I think quite possibly there was just a little bit of sarcasm in my post.

Roger that. How foolish of me.... This does make me super glad that the powers-that-be at NG listen to the fans/players.....
    Cronus
  • Huricane444Huricane444 Member Posts: 149
    Flaming crossbow will be silence? If not, rocket gun same thing but with different traits?
    Flare gun only has 3 traits and flaming crossbow will have 4 with passive incendiary (45%). If the silver and gold traits are what I did in my illustration in original post then that weapon will be very useful.
    > @MudMoccasin said:
    > > @Cronus said:
    > > > @MudMoccasin said:
    > > > (Quote)
    > > > (Image)
    > >
    > > I think quite possibly there was just a little bit of sarcasm in my post.
    >
    > Roger that. How foolish of me.... This does make me super glad that the powers-that-be at NG listen to the fans/players.....

I really want to see the traits however I have to give NG credit. This is twice —> https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/38701/morgans-tactical-staff
    I'm hoping it has the same traits it's big brother flaming crossbow. High powered, piercing and destructive. Gold charging would be really nice in place of destructive.

I think I will be buying it regardless.
    ATLAS-Z
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,853
    edited September 23
    I am inclined to agree with @WellyLuga , tho I'm not sure about charging. Maybe. I like the winter bow / F-xbow combo of range~area/destructive/piercing.

Without the tactical movement and silent features of the winter bow, however, I think it would still be a secondary weapon. A strong secondary to be sure, but still.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    TWDaddictionromeo
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 252
    edited September 23
    Agree! If the crossbow (pistol) is silent. I will definitely be buying it. But if it causes threat AND no tactical movement, I’ll probably pass

Edit:

@Fluxxx just made a post in the questions thread saying it WILL cause threat. Still love that new weapons are coming out so good work! But definitely disappointing there.
    romeo
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > I'm hoping it has the same traits it's big brother flaming crossbow. High powered, piercing and destructive. Gold charging would be really nice in place of destructive.
    >
    > I think I will be buying it regardless.

I’m inclined to agree it will need silver hi-po and gold piercing given what’s coming in the next update. My original suggestion was before any change to make ranged more competitive with melee. If you need tactical/silenced then by all means use the bow. To me this fits a different category.
    Not all maps have a threat counter or gates/crates to open. Alpha will give a nice boost to crits alongside non-bodyshots so I think the need for sureshot will be lessened and therefore the same for the winter bow.

Gold charging on a shooter weapon is really nice with piercing. If both trigger on the 1st turn you can be doing massive damage on turn 2.