Discussion: Announcing New Changes in No Man's Land!

Comments

• KriegKrieg Member Posts: 212

The Distance started this morning... does that mean a DIFFERENT Distance will start tomorrow, or will the current Distance be extended?

Yes, different distance starting tomorrow. As it's a short week distance, they are letting the battles start for only 1 gas/battle.
    Member LegionOfDoom
    romeobiter370
  • KriegKrieg Member Posts: 212
    Kucci said:

What about bought weapons? I JUST bought a bundle last week including 3 weapons. In less then 2 month they will be old and with only 1 token i just bought a bundle of crap. (These new token won’t be cheaper as new weapons)

As that would encourage people to not buy weapons, it wouldn't be financially prudent if the token didn't work on them. No way to know (and hopefully not) if they will have a 'special' upgrade price until the update notes are released.
    Member LegionOfDoom
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    ...Which sucks, but yes probably true. I think it would be great of NG to make it more readily available, but sadly...this is NG.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,711
    I like everything about this news, as long as the distance rewards are improved sufficiently as I rely on those 4 frags a week to get a chance to improve my survivors. Whilst you are improving those rewards I also hope you will be improving the calibre of the hero tokens at the same time. Other than that it’s all groovy!
    romeoDanski_46TCBRITOSPC_TORRES
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 565
    edited March 6
    On the one hand yaaaay for upgrade tokens. I've been arguing for something like this for yonks. The weakness of this solution compared to others I've suggested is that it's still potentially poor value for newer players because their gear becomes obsolete more quickly - a more scalable solution (e.g. 60 day upgradability window) would make bundle purchases attractive even to much lower level players.

On the other hand, I have a feeling that people expecting this to be a 'nominal' $/£ sum for tokens will be sorely disappointed. I reckon these will be charged at a level not far off the price of a new weapon. I'll eat my words if these come in at gas/XP booster type costs.
    My guess is One or two will be available in next seasons GW. They will also be included in some weapon bundles bumping the price of that bundle by around £5 and also available for a prize in one of their “campaign” events. Unlikely they will be available elsewhere for free.
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 115
    I'll guarantee you that these gear tokens will be even more rare than legendary fragments. For sure we won't win them in challenge or distance. Maybe we can buy them, like 2 or 3 for 10 bucks. Most lvl70 players would never buy a weapon again if we would get the gear tokens on a regular base. NG for sure isn't interested in that.
    PigBenis
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 359
    I hope these upgrade tokens will be available as distance rewards now that distance is only once per week.. Would also increase people's interest in playing this game mode.
    It’s very unlikely that it will be a distance reward as that would be free upgrade of 52 weapons a year. It’s definitely going to be a case of pick your favourite 1 or 2 weapons and do those. They still need people to buy bundles after all.
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 230
    I have the same problem and last week I managed a new record in round passes :(
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,174
    I think we actually are. I have no round passes either. 😩

SCBMASPC_TORRESbladgierimacharlie
  • HershalHershal Member Posts: 2
    What happened to the round passes for this week's challenge? We have NONE.

Also, eliminating the 3rd rounds just means we will have less rounds to play at the end, thus gain less round passes for the next challenge. We will have to play more rounds at the beginning of the challenge, so we're not really playing less rounds overall.
  • DrhooDrhoo Member Posts: 78
    Please Note: no adjustments will be done to Round Passes together with this change. Everybody lies(Gregory house)
  • ric_zombiebruiserric_zombiebruiser Member Posts: 37
    Oh dear im the same no round passes shal i start challenge or wait to find out its gonna be solved
    Jenng
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,174
    Wait @ric_zombiebruiser

It’s apparently not intended.

SPC_TORRES
  • SiyehSiyeh Member Posts: 5
    Round Passes zeroed out here as well...?!?!
  • HellnightHellnight Member Posts: 30
    In our clans we are still concerned about the issue of the passes. Players lose many stars by changing rounds from 27 to 32. Now without rounds of 3, the passes will continue to be given every 3? Players up to level 22 suffer star losses and are hit by lower levels that spend fewer rounds ...
    i guess i will wait with starting the challenge until this round pass issue is fixed. i had 13 round passes from last challenge, definitely not going to play those extra rounds.
  • VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 206
    Regarding the Round Passes missing issue:

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/39399/official-round-passes-missing-this-weeks-challenge#latest

An official update on this situation is posted in the thread above.

Our sincere apologies :(
    JenngTroublemaker
  • HellnightHellnight Member Posts: 30
    Now also without rounds of three, stars will lose the highest levels
    > @Firekid said:
    > It’s very unlikely that it will be
    > a distance reward as that would
    > be free upgrade of 52 weapons
    > a year.

Those upgrade tokens wouldnt need to be in every distance. It could be for completing 6 hard distances in row for example.

And anyways I think we can now expect 2 - 3 council upgrades per year so quite a few tokens will be needed to upgrade even the paid gear.
  • cletus429cletus429 Member Posts: 4
    version 3.2 doesn't show on my Google play. does any one else have this problem?