Spring Event Math

JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,650
This post was most recently updated on March 21 after receiving 50 free spring tokens from NG.

In case anyone was curious, here's how the spring event breaks down (without resetting Distance).

Weekly token gain:
- 250 from Challenges
- 125 from Distance (assuming no reset)
- 140 from Daily Quests
- 140 from Trade Shop

One time bonus token gain:
- 50 tokens
- I am NOT counting the 20 tokens that some players got from Daryl's nightmare

Over the course of four weeks, you get 2,795 total tokens.
- 1000 = 250 x 4
- 625 = 125 x 5 (during the last week, you can play distance on Mon/Tues)
- 560 = 140 x 4
- 560 = 140 x 4
- 50 = 50 x 1

This means that you can miss a total of TWO daily quests or TG purchases and still get the legendary components at 2750 without any "extra" play.

What if you want to get the razor spear at 3000? You will have to reset the Distance TWO out of FIVE times. After doing so, you can miss a total of TWO daily quests or TG purchases and still get the Pitchfork.

Hope this helps!
SPC_TORRESsuzequeueTheCrabDanski_46Mystique1RisMFJigsawden4playTHCrossmsapaevbladgiermimicaCarlyJenngpositiveFirekidTCBRITOFOEaquilaMichonor23GovernatorJadenTransmuteJunTroublemakerBuckzzvshield50KriegWahooDawgxbamfxHuttSlayer23Bill_ZRTShadowWalkerTJSShayHaAntonioGreekWarriorflyingcowkingVaneJimiFaithSgtSalamiDrhootinytuna007ekimhclewromeofretjeLieutenantMarshNezoATLAS-Z

Comments

• DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 725
    Can someone post a pic of the rewards? Can't open the game for awhile and I'm curious what they are...
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    All good but resetting the distance 4 times is painful. Will probably take a pass on the spear.

Badge frags are gold-dust, but since they nerfed the drop rate it seems almost as hard to get component sets these days.
    TransmuteJunromeoJimiFaith
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,127
    Thanks a lot for them maths @JayZ I was wondering that myself!
    Great work, thanks 👍
    TripodJimiFaith
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 368
    Good info, great post
    Thx @JayZ
    Deathwish19JimiFaith
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,650
    Good advice about Distance timing @PigBenis.

Glad this was helpful to everyone else! I really wish Distance was 130 tokens so you could skip at least one reset. Oh well. I'd rather just spend my money in the store than play 4x extra Distance for the Spear.

It's still nice that NG listened to feedback and gave a bit of a buffer to players that miss a day or two.
    1RisShadowWalker
  • gndriagndria Member Posts: 46
    I’m also assuming these weapons will all be level 25 and so would need a special token to upgrade to 26 when that becomes available - seems like a high cost for these new weapons unless enough are provided to cover the spring token event .
    TCBRITOJadenGradyWalkerslayer82

If my math is correct, we can complete 5 different Distance sets:

1. The one now that ends Monday, March 11.

2. The one that starts Monday, March 11.

3. The one that starts Monday, March 18.

4. The one that starts Monday, March 25.

5. The one that starts Monday, April 1.

The “event” is listed as running for 28 days from today (27 days and 18 hours from this post). That mean it ends Tuesday, April 2, at 13:00 UTC. We have one day to blast through the last Distance to get those last tokens. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Put March 6 at 13:00 UTC and added 28 days using Excel and it comes up as April 3 at 13:00 UTC. Extra day. :smile:

Great point @Governator! Maybe @Vane can confirm we get an extra Distance :)
    Vane
  • JediMasterYodaJediMasterYoda Member Posts: 87
    When you say four resets, I'm assuming that you mean gold bar resets, correct? Thanks.

JediMasterYoda
    GutsAndGlory
  • JediMasterYodaJediMasterYoda Member Posts: 87
    @JayZ Thanks.
    May the Force be with you.
    romeo
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 358
    I submitted a support ticket but is anyone else missing some tokens?

Daily Quest - 20
    TG Shop - 20
    30 Stars - 50
    110 Stars - 50 (currently @ 185 stars)

Total of 140 tokens... but my reward chart says I only have 90 tokens.

Maybe a visual glitch or something but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this. I will let you know what support says.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
  • Teh_DaminTeh_Damin Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 16
    @Vane

So, just to be 200% sure. 1st and 2nd (and prolly 3rd until reset) April I can still do the Distance and earn event tokens, consequently, reducing the number of needed Distance resets to 3, in order to get the final reward for 3k points.

Am I correct?
    Vane
  • onesoulonesoul Member Posts: 95
    > @Kratos said:
    > I submitted a support ticket but is anyone else missing some tokens?
    >
    > Daily Quest - 20
    > TG Shop - 20
    > 30 Stars - 50
    > 110 Stars - 50 (currently @ 185 stars)
    >
    > Total of 140 tokens... but my reward chart says I only have 90 tokens.
    >
    > Maybe a visual glitch or something but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this. I will let you know what support says.

Are you sure the reward at 30 stars for the challenge was 50 tokens? If it was, my math does not add up. I have 185 for day 1 and i completed the normal distance.
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 358
    onesoul said:

> @Kratos said:

> I submitted a support ticket but is anyone else missing some tokens?

>

> Daily Quest - 20

> TG Shop - 20

> 30 Stars - 50

> 110 Stars - 50 (currently @ 185 stars)

>

> Total of 140 tokens... but my reward chart says I only have 90 tokens.

>

> Maybe a visual glitch or something but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this. I will let you know what support says.

Are you sure the reward at 30 stars for the challenge was 50 tokens? If it was, my math does not add up. I have 185 for day 1 and i completed the normal distance.

Good question. I am not positive, I just assumed since it is 5 reward points for a total of 250 tokens. Guess it might be ramping up as you get farther & I just didn't pay attention last night.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
  • Teh_DaminTeh_Damin Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 16
    @Vane

Fantastic, thank you!
    ShadowWalkerSPC_TORRES
    Updated my original post. Thanks for confirming @Vane!
    1RisTHCrossGovernatorSPC_TORRES
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,741
    @JayZ you say you only have to reset once for the extra comps but have left the paragraph in where you the. Say resetting once will leave you 5 short. Also probably best to mention you only have till Wednesday in the fifth distance to get to the tokens.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,258
    > @JayZ said:
    > Updated my original post. Thanks for confirming @Vane!

Thanks for updating it! I can breath a little easier now with the extra wiggle room. I’m resetting this Distance and the next given that I have the 5-day gas booster gift active. That gives me just one more to reset to get the nice spear. :+1:
    SPC_TORRES
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Can someone fill me in on what star #s are required for all the token rewards?
  • RWSRWS Member Posts: 310
    It's in the notes section
    250 from challenges (30, 110, 220, 350 and 500 stars)