Help/Advice Distance Hard Mode Mission 18 Take Down the 2 Tough Walkers

KriegKrieg Member Posts: 52
The two walkers in question are level 40 Spike Heads.

Obviously, I have semi decent heroes to get to this point.

However, I can't kill one of them, much less both even with saving my best (and gold badged up) toons for last.

Anyone have ideas/advice on what class or builds to get over this hurdle?

Comments

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 57
    I got my ass handed to me on this one also. I am thinking this might be the best strategy: First use charged shooters or other high damage guys to thin out some of the regular walkers, flee and sacrifice some guys until the starting top corner is empty.

Then take two bruisers with max damage reduction and razor clubs. Take one other guy with a incendiary weapon. Line up the bruisers so that you block the way and leave the hunter safe. You should leave enough regular walkers so that they preferably attack your bruisers and get stunned by them, so that they spikeys can't reach any of your guys. Put the spikeys on fire and hope you stay alive until they die.

Now, obviously this is by now means a foolproof strategy. If you get unlucky a spikey will start close to you and/or your bruisers won't be able to withstand the onslaught, or the spikey doesn't lite up right away. I only have 2 good bruisers so for me this is a one time shot, and this time it didn't work.

• avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 940
    Light on fire and use flare gun and charged scout allow two turns before you hit with scout. Kill that one walker at the start
    psychwolf
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 236
    @Krieg it takes me than one mission to complete the objective.

Concentrate on taking out all the regular walkers first so that you only face the two spikeys to start.

Then use a max damage hero as the leader, like Aaron, Stabby Rick, or Rosita. Fill out your team with our big hiiters, like charged ruthless scouts and charged ruthless shooters.. One shooter or a hunter should have incidediary to light one spikey on fire. It's important that you light the spikey up on the first turn to give it enough turns of fire damage to eventually die before the spawns overrun you.

I prefer a charged shooter with incendiary to give me two shots to light the spikey on fire on turn 1.

A ruthless charged scout or 2 should target the same spikey on turn 1 or 2 to reduce the number of turns for the spikey to die. Let the scouts die with the spikey and wait in the corner with your shooter or hunter for the spikey o die.

After the first spikey is eliminated, it's easier to kill the second one.

It can take a 5 or more missions to complete this one. Three or more to eliminate the regular walkers, and then one mission for spikey 1 and another for spikey two. I invaeiably lose all 3 survivors in killing the first spikey. You may need every turn of fire damage to eliminate the first one.

The most important keys are getting a clear board except for the spikeys, and then lighting up a spikey on turn 1.

Fully charged Stabby Rick, a charged shooter with the flare gun, and another ruthless charged scout is my go-to team to kill the first spikey on this one.

Good luck. It's a difficult mission to complete.
    DrUnpleasant
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 435
    Yeah, it's a very tough mission for sure. Even with a team of decent damage dealers it's still tough to do enough damage before you get 'spiked' or overwhelmed by spawns.

I concur with the post above though, take down the initial regular walkers as much as possible and be prepared to run away at the loss of a survivor or two. Personally I took down the spikey fat lads with fire and charged shooters, but if you get to that point with your A-Team damage dealers missing (or no incendiary options) then it's incredibly difficult. Sacrificing a survivor for the horde to munch on is also quite likely. As a carrot... if you can get past it then the next mission is easier.

The primary and secondary damage put out by lv40/41 spikey walkers is enough to take down even full strength survivors in 1 hit, especially if they're on fire.
  • KriegKrieg Member Posts: 52
    Thanks for all of the advice everyone!

It seems that fire is the way go go.
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 57
    Same for me actually, when the extra fire damage was active!