Damage Reduction Mechanic

I've been playing thru challenge mode this week and was thinking of ways to get thru higher levels than I normally would, one thing came to mind in particular "razor" trait.

My Sasha is Rare class with a crappy badge setup so I don't depend on her heavily. So using a team of melee for most maps, I want to use different strategies which make the most of their skills instead.

Upon reading the razor description, it says that "attacks ignore the first X% of the targets damage reduction". Therefore, if walkers including tanks, metalheads, goo, explodes etc do have built in damage reduction, then your attacks will inflict closer to your normal output of damage.

However... If they do not have built in DR, surely it should do additional damage for example 10-30% depending on the grade of razor, no?
I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
Deathwish19

Comments

• aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
    The DR thing is meant to work with human enemies in guild wars. Not the armored walkers.
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 472
    So you're saying the DR part of the razor trait makes no difference when it comes to any type of walkers? Can I have confirmation on this please @Vane ?
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,950
    @Dbl_Edge_DEP that's for sure, no enemy you shall face in the game will have damage reduction. Except human enemies on Guild Wars.
    Mystique
    I see. That's interesting. Thank you for letting me know people.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,743
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought metalhead walkers had some damage reduction?
    Dbl_Edge_DEP
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 291
    In addition to guild wars human enemies, it would also apply to outpost defenders who have the iron skin trait on their armor and/or survivor. Basically, PvP modes
    @WellyLuga I would need to check but the metalheads reduce damage from guns. The piercing trait has no way to bypass DR however. I don't know whether DR applies on metalheads with melee, does it?

@The_Jer Right so GW and outpost humans. Sounds about right.
  • JCSinWDJCSinWD Member Posts: 83
    Razor is an absolute must have for melee weapons now
    Not only the DR ... but also the reduced chance of bodyshots! (45% lower chance from gold trait)
    At higher levels its all melee now, ranged just can't survive (or deal as much damage)
    Dbl_Edge_DEP