Upcoming Weekend: War 4, Announcement

VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 206
edited March 20 in Guild Wars Discussion
Hi guys, I have some news that I want you to know about from the development team regarding the next War, that will happen on the upcoming weekend (March 23 - March 24)!

The main announcement is that fixing most of the issues currently present in Guild Wars requires a new mandatory client update for everyone in the game to work. This isn't really possible to happen before the next weekend, and these new fixes will go live together with the game update version 3.2. Which means that War 4 of Season 2 will be happening still in the current version of the game.

The next season, Season 3, will start in the version 3.2 together with new fixes deployed.

This, however, also means that some players can encounter the following issues during the upcoming weekend in Guild Wars:

- Keys disappearing / being used twice
- Keys used while being in a spectator mode
- VP not being counted after battle is completed
- Getting "Out of Time" message in the VP field, leading to VP not being counted (showing 0)
- Matches against guilds that have less than 5 members, or against guilds scoring 0
- Connection issues: not being able to connect to the guild, seeing yourself in the completed missions, etc.

In light of possibility of these issues happening to the players, we will again have 0 Guild Wars Gas cost for the Guild Wars missions during War 4 this weekend!

There were discussions to postpone the upcoming War 4 to happen after the update is deployed already, however, it hasn't proven to be the most popular opinion and not the most optimal way to organise it, and it pushes the next War to happen several weeks ahead, leaving the gap between Wars from 2 weeks to at least 5 weeks. Also, having some extra time between seasons can allow us to spend more time on polishing the Guild Wars experience further. Some good news, however, is that many of these issues have become a lot less spread and the error count has gone down dramatically from War 1 to War 3 in Season 2, while the number of players playing Guild Wars actually increased.

If there will be any new information on this situation, I will communicate it both here and in the game as soon as possible to you guys. I am also still discussing with the team the ways to hopefully make this weekend less stressful and more fun, so when I know more, I will post an update about it!
bladgiermsapaevvshield50xbamfxLurkerKillerCherokee_RoseDanski_46TroublemakerSCBMASPC_TORRESJenngBuckzzATLAS-ZNezosanchezi910romeoJadenMrLuckyRealClareBGovernator

Comments

• vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,926
    edited March 20
    EDITED.

@JayZ is awesome 😎😉😁
    JayZ
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,171
    edited March 20
    @vshield50 it was not an intentional disagree... I must have tapped it when I was scrolling
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    vshield50xbamfxTHCrossbigbeano
  • Bloodundertales77Bloodundertales77 Member Posts: 21
    @Vane great red gas cost 0 thanks
    romeoxbamfx
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 961
    Bamf love free gas GW weekend! Time to slay all walkers in sight woooooooooooooooooooo
    romeoBloodundertales77
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 317
    dont forget to fix those freemen that get stunned and still move and attack you! that is so frustrating! especially when the orange stun number follows them around as they are moving and shooting at you!
    xbamfxTCBRITOmcbkhicks
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 449
    So because y’all pulled a mea culpa up front this time, does that mean no compensation?
    BuckzzTCBRITO
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,007
    WahooDawg said:

So because y’all pulled a mea culpa up front this time, does that mean no compensation?

The compensation is 0 red gas cost all weekend.
    MystiqueTCBRITOromeo
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 449
    Meh. I’ve grown accustomed to my big fat apology boosters!
    BigBob
  • BigBobBigBob Member Posts: 45
    @TransmuteJun since Glitch Wars is flawed, free red gas to get folks to play is kind of a given.
    romeo
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,531
    It just occurred to me... Six battles this weekend for me with Zero flaws or glitches that I can recall?

The Elite guild did have one battle (I didn't play in) that they had incorrect totals... Which was reported.

One or two reported being frozen at loading screens, a few resets...

Nothing for me though.

Good weekend.

Oh and Zombrex Elite broke into Gold 1. Pretty far up the global leader boards. That's pretty hype.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the next batch of (hopefully much better) goodies available for the next Season of Guild Wars.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    JenngVaneMrLuckyromeo
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 608
    It went well for me as well 👍
    Very satisfied being able to used 6 keys and played them all.

When is the next war @Vane ?

Thank You